Search results

1. C

Adv into OG in LOS; qualify for concelament for ambush?

Blake, You're correct. Advancing into OG in LOS of a GO enemy unit is a concealment loss activity regardless if the GO enemy unit is in the ehx advanced into or not. Hope this helps. Carl
  2. C

HoB's Firefights!

I like the concept, variety in a small, playable package. I've ordered them recently so we'll see what they look like. The freebie offered on the HoB website was enough to entice the order. Carl
  3. C

Fyi

Sorry 'bout that. Goofy business relationships which I don't understand. That's why I'm an engineer. Carl
  4. C

Sasl

Just thinking out loud but I bet one could code an add-on module for VASL which would do a bunch of SASL stuff like moving a unit. The player could select the enemy unit for action, and then click a button which would calculate the unit's action for that turn. The depth to which VASL could...
  5. C

Fyi

Actually, it appears to be another company sporting this distribution method for it's ASL stock, not MMP directly. Carl
  6. C

Concealment for Broken Squads

Also, I believe, in general, broken units cannot retain concealment. Carl
  7. C

ASL page numbering query..

Yes, you can ignore the pages they replace. I took them out of my rulebook. Carl
  8. C

Back in the CMBB game thanks to SP2!

I think this is a human factors issue. You have to have a separate log in for the file archives section. Even if you have the same log in name, it's still separate so one has to log in to the file archives, post your message, switch back to the war-forums and log in using your war-forums'...
  9. C

Those 'split roads' at A5/A6 and GG5/GG6?

Hi Don! Interesting question. What with the Village Terrain rule (B31) now in the main rules, the hexes you identify are now Narrow Streets. I play that each hex is an individual road hex. Barring B31, I'd play any other like hex as a road hex in each hex. Also interesting is that a...
  10. C

Dyo

DYO - whatever floats your boat (as someone else also said.) It can be a fun way to use units that don't see the light of day very often. Balance - "balance" in the scenario sense is not one of balanced terrain, leadership, troops, equipment, etc. but in terms of players with equal skill...
  11. C

VASL add-on

It's fine. Never holds me up. But then I'm doing PBEM but can't see that it would be any different doing live VASL. I never had an "unrandom" feel for the VASL dice anyway but I haven't seen any issue with the add-on DiceBot. Carl
  12. C

Beware for Ebay scam!

Deceptive advertising tactics can be considered a scam and can be illegal. Also, in this case it could be fraud since the description area on Item Specifics says that it's a car audio receiver of Alpine brand, model CDA-9807, etc. Carl
  13. C

Using Printed VASL Maps for FTF Play

This is a cheaper way to get a larger hexgrid than taking the maps to a copy shop and getting an enlarged color copy. I've seen color copies blown up to RB-sized hexes and can see the advantage of them. A minor disadvantage of the VASL maps is that the LOS isn't the same as the real boards...
  14. C

Does ASL have too many maps or not enough?

The real advantage to the large overlays is that they bring new life to existing mounted boards without the production expense of the mounted boards. Personally, I am not a fan of mixing mounted and cardboard maps but I do want more maps (or at least additional terrain variation.) Large...
  15. C

Clunky?

But if the advanced search function could be allowed to search without having to specify a key word or a username, then one could set up a search that would grab all new messages in a user-selectable sub-folder. Is the number of characters required in either key word or username search a...
  16. C

Counter storage options

There was a guy at DonCon back in about '97 or so that carried his counters in a KGP box. Same thought as a garbage bag. Again, one of those people that see the forest ... time is better spent just playing than worrying about optimum counter storage (or posting on forums.) Carl
  17. C

Clunky?

Played with it and it will let you search for posts since your last visit in a specific subforum but it requires a search criteria either key word search or name search and a wild card in each is insufficient (it wants four letters in the key word search and three in the name search.) So no...
  18. C

Clunky?

At the top of the page, below the thread path is a Quick Links menu which has "New Posts" selection. Unfortunately, so far as I can tell, it picks up the new posts from everywhere in the WarfareHQ discussion forums and not just in a pre-selected subforum. Though there is a "Search" selection...
  19. C

Vasl Los?

and Sorry. I misunderstood your earlier comparison. Your assumption of identical maps (and I see now you said "map files") was not what I interpreted (i.e. VASL identical to real.) You are, of course, correct ... identical map files = identical LOS checks on those map files. Carl
  20. C

VASL etiquette

Consider a different point of view ... I always provide the encrypted HIPster (or other secret message) file before play begins. It's not saying anything about my opponent but I'm providing it so my opponent doesn't have to ask. Carl