Search results

1. =FC=Gorgon

StW-4 Knock Them Down! question

Howdy! Actually, this question may apply to any of The Steelworks scenarios that have minefields. Are all of the minefield factors "Known" or is it player choice? If the latter, I assume one needs to have at least 24 factors of Known minefields in use to get the Dummy Minefields (B28.45)...
  2. =FC=Gorgon

Tracking Acquistion question

Hi Folks, Acquisition question based on the above picture. There is a Gun out of the picture (below) that had a -2 1/2" ACQ on M13; as shown. Since the ACQ was placed, my opponent placed the shown WP and this increased the Hindrances between my Gun and M13 to > 6. Thus, the Gun no longer...
  3. =FC=Gorgon

SF CG9 CONCEALMENT question

Hi Folks, First 2 sentences of CG9 reads (bold is mine): If I am setting up first and thus my opponent has nothing on the board yet, am I able to conceal all my Infantry in Concealment Terrain? For the person setting up second, A12.12 essentially applies with a modification: he is able to...
  4. =FC=Gorgon

SF Aquarium building

Hi Folks, About to start SF CG IV and I have some questions on the Aquarium building if one would indulge me, please. :-) B23.8 ROOFTOPS says "All playable rooftop hexes are assumed to have an inherent stairwell to the level below." SF 9.31 says "...each with a Level 1 rooftop...
  5. =FC=Gorgon

Edson's Ridge CG (Operation Watchtower) rule ER6 question

Hi Folks, Question on the language/wording of this rule: ER6 ENTRENCHMENTS: All Marine Entrenching Attempts suffer a +1 DRM. Marine Infantry will rout towards a Trench as if woods. Marine Infantry receive a -1 DRM to all Rally attempts in a Foxhole as if in woods. Units moving in a Trench...
  6. =FC=Gorgon

Case R question

Hi Folks, Quick rules question. A hex contains a Sherman and a pinned British 338/PIAT. A German R-35 enters the hex and announces an OVR vs the 338/PIAT. The 338 takes a PIAT shot. I know Case E does not apply, but does Case R apply for the Sherman? It would if Case E was in effect...
  7. =FC=Gorgon

Pegasus Bridge: Can Guns regain Emplacement and HIP?

Hi Folks, In Day I of the Pegasus Bridge CG the British gain 2x 57LL AT guns. SSR says they can only move 3 hexes during the refit phase but it does not say if they are able to regain Emplacement status and HIP status. Looked for errata but could not find anything. Looking for clarification...
  8. =FC=Gorgon

AP168 Nameless Hill

Dear ASL Penthouse, I never thought this would happen to me, but I just HAD to write about it..... Hey folks! I haven't written an AAR in a long time. Barely got time to play these days and no extra time to write. Still, just finished this great, quick scenario which had an awesome ending...
  9. =FC=Gorgon

Gusts rules errata

Hello MMP! Can you please correct the Electronic rulebook (v1.07) for B25.651? The ASOP says under Advancing Fire Phase: 5.13A During Gusts (B25.651), remove Dispersed SMOKE, then flip remaining SMOKE counters to Dispersed side [EXC to both: NA in Cave ; G11.8] The above is not stated in...
  10. =FC=Gorgon

Nor'easter XXVI March 24th - March 27th, 2022

Hi Folks! We hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far (at least those in the Northern Hemisphere). Just want to remind everyone that we expect to have a live Nor'easter XXVI in Fairhaven, MA in 2022! The dates are Thursday March 24th to Sunday March 27th so mark your calendars! We are...
  11. =FC=Gorgon

Korean War forces order of battle info

Hi Folks, Have some ideas for Korean War scenarios but don't have a good idea of what the typical dispositions were for the forces involved nor currently have any sources. Can anyone offer source materials or any writeups for that? Basically what would a typical company layout would be...
  12. =FC=Gorgon

BFP-82 Steamroller

Not really an AAR as I don't have time to write those anymore. :( JimP and I just finished this one with a German victory. I was the Russians. I just wanted to say how I lost. It was looking really bad for the Russians in turn 5 (out of 6.5). He had a ton of infantry and armor to assault my...
  13. =FC=Gorgon

Nor'easter XXV goes virtual! March 18th-21st 2021

Nor'easter XXV goes virtual! March 18th-21st 2021 Announcement: The Yankee ASL group (https://www.yankeegamers.org/) announces the virtual Nor’easter XXV tournament! Due to the continuing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic the 25th version of our Nor’easter ASL tournament will be held...
  14. =FC=Gorgon

Sewer rats in Red Factories

Hey folks, I am curious how players of the Russians in any of the Red Factories CGs utilized the sewers. Is it mainly To attempt to capture locations; even if they'll be isolated at the end of the scenario? To keep at least some of the enemy forces to follow or have to ward against the sewer...
  15. =FC=Gorgon

AFV Rider in a building at setup.

Hi Folks, Is it legal for a Rider to setup on an AFV that is in a building or woods? I know a Rider must Bail Out if the AFV enters a building or woods hex. But it is not 100% clear if setting up this way is legal or not. I suspect it is not. Thanks in advance, MikeS
  16. =FC=Gorgon

Red October CG-II (RO-CGII)

Hey Folks. Here is my crappy AAR of RO-CGII; me as the Russian player. I take notes on each session and then write up my thoughts from time to time. I wait until the end of a CG day to post anything. So the text may seem a bit disjointed. I hope you enjoy and that someone finds this useful...
  17. =FC=Gorgon

Red October CG II advice (RO CGII)

Hey Folks, Just finished Day 1 of RO CGII as the Russian player and boy does my a$$ hurt! I got absolutely clobbered! I know that is supposed to happen but sheesh! Okay, I lost 83CVP of stuff and got this left: 9-1 x4 (1 bh to 9-2) 8-0 7-0 x2 127 228 x3 458 x7 527 447 x8 628 x3 226 .50cal MMG...
  18. =FC=Gorgon

Nor'easter XXV: Coming in 2021! Mar 18th-21st, 2021 Fairhaven, MA

Hello. The YASL gaming group has reserved the Hampton Inn of New Bedford/Fairhaven for Thursday 3/18 to Sunday 3/21 for the 25th anniversary of the Nor'easter ASL tournament. Before you call the hotel for reservations, please do understand that this is essentially pending the approval and...
  19. =FC=Gorgon

CtR-12 OB question

Hi Folks, The IJA Fortification Pool includes Panjis. G9.1 says "Panjis are listed in the scenario OB by the total number of Covered hexsides (9.3) allotted.". SBR2 says "If a Panji counter is selected it may have any available hexside configuration." Does that mean the Panji counter may...
  20. =FC=Gorgon

AP140 Misty Morning Mayhem

JimP (Eagle02) and I had Red October CGII pretty much all setup and ready to play and then WHAM! COVID-19. Sigh. So we have been playing over VASL on Thursday nights. We will jump into CGII soon but our last VASL scenario was AP140 Misty Morning Mayhem. I took some notes so I'll write up a...