Search results

1. =FC=Gorgon

StW-4 Knock Them Down! question

Awesome, thanks George! We're starting our game this Thursday. Can't wait!!
  2. =FC=Gorgon

StW-4 Knock Them Down! question

Howdy! Actually, this question may apply to any of The Steelworks scenarios that have minefields. Are all of the minefield factors "Known" or is it player choice? If the latter, I assume one needs to have at least 24 factors of Known minefields in use to get the Dummy Minefields (B28.45)...
  3. =FC=Gorgon

BFP-52 Kachin Rangers AAR

Great AAR, thanks! I played this in 2010 as the IJA and won too. The Dense jungle takes away many of the American advantages. :)
  4. =FC=Gorgon

Tracking Acquistion question

Further reading and digesting (mmm, yummy!) and I think I worked it out. As mentioned in prior post, C6.5 says that the ACQ stays in M13, even after the Gun loses LOS to it and essentially the Location is acquired. But, as we all know, a 1/2" ACQ can only be applied to a Known unit. Since the...
  5. =FC=Gorgon

The last sentence of 6.5 says " or the target is no longer in their LOS after entering a new Location/vertex-(see 6.15) (although in this case the last in- LOS Location occupied by the target will remain acquired; 6.51)." Bold is mine. So the ACQ does not "go away" in M13 after LOS is lost and...
  6. =FC=Gorgon

Hi Folks, Acquisition question based on the above picture. There is a Gun out of the picture (below) that had a -2 1/2" ACQ on M13; as shown. Since the ACQ was placed, my opponent placed the shown WP and this increased the Hindrances between my Gun and M13 to > 6. Thus, the Gun no longer...
  7. =FC=Gorgon

SF CG9 CONCEALMENT question

Much better, thank you for the tip! MikeS
  8. =FC=Gorgon

Thanks Klasmalmstrom. I tried searching but the GS search tool did not find it. :(
  9. =FC=Gorgon

Hi Folks, First 2 sentences of CG9 reads (bold is mine): If I am setting up first and thus my opponent has nothing on the board yet, am I able to conceal all my Infantry in Concealment Terrain? For the person setting up second, A12.12 essentially applies with a modification: he is able to...
  10. =FC=Gorgon

SF Aquarium building

Thanks Klasmalmstrom! For the above I was thinking about the ground level location (SF 9.31 "All seven hexes have a ground-level Location.") This building is just so weird!!! :-) Here are some thoughts: One can be at ground level in 2E37, 2E38, 2F39 or 2G37 and take shots at units that...
  11. =FC=Gorgon

SF Aquarium building

Hi Folks, About to start SF CG IV and I have some questions on the Aquarium building if one would indulge me, please. :-) B23.8 ROOFTOPS says "All playable rooftop hexes are assumed to have an inherent stairwell to the level below." SF 9.31 says "...each with a Level 1 rooftop...
  12. =FC=Gorgon

Valor of the Guards Q&A

Wow, cannot believe me and my opponent missed that one. :) Thanks.
  13. =FC=Gorgon

Valor of the Guards Q&A

VotG rules question and curious about the historical background. :-) So it looks like none of the OBA for either side has SMOKE or IR capability. If it does, I cannot find any rule reference. I assume this would be because neither side had the appropriate rounds (in quantity) during the...
  14. =FC=Gorgon

BFP140 IRON GREETING

Maybe he meant MGs? MGs cannot get Critical hits. I too cannot find any reference to an ATR not being able to get a crit on the VTT.
  15. =FC=Gorgon

Edson's Ridge CG (Operation Watchtower) rule ER6 question

Hi Folks, Question on the language/wording of this rule: ER6 ENTRENCHMENTS: All Marine Entrenching Attempts suffer a +1 DRM. Marine Infantry will rout towards a Trench as if woods. Marine Infantry receive a -1 DRM to all Rally attempts in a Foxhole as if in woods. Units moving in a Trench...
  16. =FC=Gorgon

Silly After Action Report - Nameless Hill

"...loomed pregnant with malice." Especially in the 3rd trimester. Played this one and definitely enjoyed. Thanks for the AAR!
  17. =FC=Gorgon

Storm of Steel (from both sides)- Part Two

Great AAR, thank you! VASL question. Hex I3 seems to have a wreck in bypass. How did you make that work? Is that from an extension? Thanks, MikeS
  18. =FC=Gorgon

Nor'easter XXVI March 24th - March 27th, 2022

Nor'easter XXVI main tournament results. We are placed to announce the top 4 finishers of the main tournament: 1st Place: Brian Wiersma 2nd Place: Chuck Hammond 3rd Place: Ron Duenski 4th Place: Richard Vieira We will post full details at a later date. The winner of the Saturday mini "Fog of...