Search results

1. anav

AAR for battle Sunday June 28th

AAR for "Channel Raid II" which is 5 KM BC's and 4 Kaiser class BB's vs 7 RN BB's of the 4th BS, Dreadnought and 6 RN Pre Dreadnoughts of the 3rd BS, 3 older BC's and 4 AC's. The RN clearly outnumbers the KM, but many of their ships are second line. All the KM Ships are first line and the KM...
  2. anav

En Passant again Sunday the 21st

En Passant Round two. 2 players on each side, ACH options both turned OFF this time. AAR from the German Commanders View. CL/DD forces in the lead combined and scouted to the the North West. The BC's of SG 1 continued North to back them up, While the Konigs of the center column...
  3. anav

Blind Mans Bluff MP battle

ARR for Blind Mans Bluff BC action Saturday 10 Jan. Six players, 3 on each side. The German force was split up, one player taking all the DD's, Another taking all the CL's and those few DD's that were steaming with them. The host and German commander retained the BC's and BB's. Although this...
  4. anav

Ulung

The following is a narrative of the Ulung scenario. The Russian is player is human (myself). The Japanese player is the AI. During the battle I imposed upon myself the view from the bridge concept of play that I'm developing. Briefly this means view the fight only from about the mast head height...
  5. anav

View from the Bridge

Yesterday we did a 2 player MP of Makarov's sortie. We decided before hand to drop down as close to the water as we could get and stay at that point of view. We also decided not to use the overhead maps during the course of the battle. In other words we wanted the point of view from the bridge...
  6. anav

Ship Handling moment

The other day I ordered a Russian Protected Cruiser Division to guide on a Russian Armored Cruiser Division. The PC's raced ahead to catch up and fall in behind the AC's however the lead PC got out in front of his own followers and could not slow down. Instead of doing something, I just watched...
  7. anav

Makarov's Sortie

I had a rousing "Makarov's Sortie" today. It was an MP game with one other player. The battle lasted about 90 minutes and we saved it. We are working on what is necessary to continue the saved game as an MP game. Something we didn't succeed at the first time we tried. Hopefully a way can be...