Search results

1. anav

ice sea 1917 variant - battle statistics Feb, 6. 2011

HMS Lion 019 x 30.5cm SK L/50 13.5 Gun. 033 x 15cm SK L/45 19deg Gun. 014 x 28cm SK L/45 Gun. 044 x 15cm SK L/45 20deg Gun. 1 critical hits. 02:33:31 : 28cm SK L/45 Gun strikes BC Lion [steering [critical]] Record serial:15321. 02:46:45 : BC Lion flooding is out of control. Ship...
  2. anav

Big MP game May 30 2010 - Memorial Battle

As fleet commander play the game without using the 10,000 foot tall admiral micro view map. In that way even if your scouts use it they still have to scout and send scouting reports to you. If you use the S (status key) it will give you little blu or red triangles for any enemy in contact, but...
  3. anav

The game pretty much mandates that the RN BCF is outclassed. A bit too severly in my opinion. 30 hits to 1 seems a tad unfair no matter what your take on history is. Since we were playing with RN Fragile AP ON the one hit I got probably bounced off anyway. However I did get some good scouting...
  4. anav

Nice After Action report indeed VDT, well done! I had the 3rd BCS in this battle, as well as 4th LCS, 1st and 2nd ACS, plus 11th DD Flot and parts of the 4th DD flot. I was engaged with 1st scouting group in the beginning of the fight, then later my heavy ships were in the rear of the RN...
  5. anav

AAR for battle Sunday June 28th

AAR for "Channel Raid II" which is 5 KM BC's and 4 Kaiser class BB's vs 7 RN BB's of the 4th BS, Dreadnought and 6 RN Pre Dreadnoughts of the 3rd BS, 3 older BC's and 4 AC's. The RN clearly outnumbers the KM, but many of their ships are second line. All the KM Ships are first line and the KM...
  6. anav

En Passant again Sunday the 21st

There is the Rub. Should ACH be adjusted to "alter" a numerical advantage on one side or the other, Or should we work to establish a norm and use it for all scenario's no matter what the OOB on either side. In my view the former lets us in for sorts of headaches as "numerical advantage" will be...
  7. anav

The ACH settings are a puzzle. They were first put in the game to give some historically based advantages to the otherwise always outnumbered Germans. However with change after change the selection of either one of these options now seems to give the Germans so much advantage that the RN might...
  8. anav

En Passant Round two. 2 players on each side, ACH options both turned OFF this time. AAR from the German Commanders View. CL/DD forces in the lead combined and scouted to the the North West. The BC's of SG 1 continued North to back them up, While the Konigs of the center column...
  9. anav

Sunday game. Jutland.

Thank you Sir for the detail, and corrections. SG1 had a hard battle indeed. Under the guns of 5thBS and BCS for the entire battle. Thanks also the list of ships lost which I didn't think to do. ANav
  10. anav

Sunday game. Jutland.

The following is the KM Fleet Commanders AAR for the Battle of Jutland. Actual Scenario played was "Jutland at 1548" Number of KM players 4. Number of RN Players 5. Duration of the battle about 5 hours and 15 minutes. Battle ended after sunset with visibility gradually decreasing, with the main...
  11. anav

Blind Mans Bluff MP battle

ARR for Blind Mans Bluff BC action Saturday 10 Jan. Six players, 3 on each side. The German force was split up, one player taking all the DD's, Another taking all the CL's and those few DD's that were steaming with them. The host and German commander retained the BC's and BB's. Although this...
  12. anav

The death of Lutzow

ARR of scenario "3rd Battle Squadron" Multi Player battle, one German player vs 2 British Players. The battle was fought using xfire Vox throughout, with Bullethead himself listening in to the running commentary. This scenario is a meeting engagement between the 5 German BC's of scouting grp...
  13. anav

Ulung

If you could have an MP game with as many players as you had divisions or squadrons in your fleet. Plus the kind of a communication system that could handle the message traffic all that entails. Then you really could "play captain" and not leave your bridge. Lacking that you have to allow...
  14. anav

Ulung

I find it's no trouble if I just back off enough to see all the ships I want to combine into a division. Though it would be a problem if other friendly ships were in the background. If I needed to raise the elevation in order to do a specific thing like this I would do it. The spirit of the...
  15. anav

Ulung

The following is a narrative of the Ulung scenario. The Russian is player is human (myself). The Japanese player is the AI. During the battle I imposed upon myself the view from the bridge concept of play that I'm developing. Briefly this means view the fight only from about the mast head height...
  16. anav

View from the Bridge

No, it was Makarov's sortie once again.
  17. anav

View from the Bridge

It was not really my intent to take the AI to task. Its just that it started shooting while still over my horizon and before I could even see the least smoke. It also headed for me unerringly no matter what I did. I was not actually surprised by this. As you say It had to be made formidable. The...
  18. anav

View from the Bridge

I did move the view freely. I just did not allow it to go up higher then masthead height (more or less). This is something like looking around with binoculars. That and not using the map are the only things we did. (Didn't use the ship status "S" key either as this would reveal the little red...
  19. anav

View from the Bridge

Yesterday we did a 2 player MP of Makarov's sortie. We decided before hand to drop down as close to the water as we could get and stay at that point of view. We also decided not to use the overhead maps during the course of the battle. In other words we wanted the point of view from the bridge...
  20. anav

Ship Handling moment

The other day I ordered a Russian Protected Cruiser Division to guide on a Russian Armored Cruiser Division. The PC's raced ahead to catch up and fall in behind the AC's however the lead PC got out in front of his own followers and could not slow down. Instead of doing something, I just watched...