Search results

1. gamesmeister

Beached passengers in CC

I have a passenger in a beached boat, so the boat and squad are straddling the beaching hexside. Can my opponent advance into CC against those passengers? If yes, where is the opposing unit? Presumably in the land hex that forms part of the hexside, not on the hexside itself? Can my beached...
  2. gamesmeister

Set DC in a factory

Am I right in thinking that a set DC in a (stone) factory would be a -3 drm, not a -1? Thanks
  3. gamesmeister

Dinant boats

In the Dinant CG, boats can set up beached. As a beached boat is considered a vehicle, can I set up with a squad already loaded into a beached boat?
  4. gamesmeister

What class are leaders?

If I have a company of 1st Line infantry, does that mean any officers are also 1st Line? Or do they not have a class? If they do, that makes keeping track of officers in a campaign very important. For example, is my Russian commissar in Red October a 1st line officer (and therefore stealthy)...
  5. gamesmeister

Is Transfer a concealment loss activity?

"Stacks may be freely rearranged to change possession of SW/Guns". Does this negate concealment if in LOS of an unbroken enemy unit? Can't find anything on this anywhere, sure it's been asked before though Thanks
  6. gamesmeister

Can a commissar rally another commissar?

And if so, does the broken commissar ignore DM? Thanks
  7. gamesmeister

Rout direction

When calculating the nearest building for rout purposes, does it have to be in the unit's LOS?
  8. gamesmeister

Search Casualties from Reserve units

I'm in a game of Red Factories, and my HS makes a Search roll and searches a hex containing a Cloaking counter representing units set up in reserve. As those cloaked units are not concealed, do they modify the Search Casualty dr?
  9. gamesmeister

Red October Overlays

Do the Red October overlays exist for VASL? If not, is there any documentation out there that would help me create them? Many thanks as always
  10. gamesmeister

Deliberate malfunction

Can I use the option of Intensive Fire to deliberately malfunction/destroy a Gun rather than firing it?
  11. gamesmeister

Mistaken Air Attack

If a Stuka is making a Point Attack and makes a Mistaken Attack, must it still make a point attack against the new target? If so, I assume it must drop its bomb as part of that attack? Thanks
  12. gamesmeister

Wall advantage

At what points during a turn can I claim wall advantage? Are they specific times, or is at any point during the turn when could potentially do so?
  13. gamesmeister

Cowering

I have a squad with an MMG and a leader. The leader directs fire for the MMG during the MPh, which retains its RoF. Later during the MPh, the squad fires its inherent FP at a different target The leader can't direct that fire, correct? The squad rolls doubles and cowers. It therefore goes under...
  14. gamesmeister

Looking to play RO CG 1 PBEM

As the title says I'm looking to play Red October CG 1 X-Tag via VASL using PBEM. I post logs usually once per day, occasionally more often, and am happy to play either side. The only blip in my schedule is that I'm on holiday between 17th and 24th Aug and so will be unable to post between...
  15. gamesmeister

OBA smoke hindrance

OBA smoke is a level 2 hindrance. I have a mortar on a rooftop at level 2 1/2, my target is 10 hexes away at ground level, and between the two is an OBA smoke. If the target is outside of any blind hexes created by the smoke, is my fire affected by the hindrance?
  16. gamesmeister

A12.42 Concealment loss from vehicle in Bypass

“12.42 BYPASS: A vehicle entering a concealed enemy's Location using Bypass may not attempt an OVR as part of that entry or even be informed of any hidden unit(s) therein. Concealed unit(s) in the Location are revealed due to the vehicle's presence only voluntarily, or if the...
  17. gamesmeister

Height advantage from a gully

This seems obvious but I just wanted to confirm it. If my opponent has a unit in a gully, and I move my unit adjacent to his such that I am outside the gully, and in open ground, do I get the Height Advantage +1 TEM? Thanks
  18. gamesmeister

Red Factories perimeter

Are all strategic locations on the RO boards initially controlled by the Russians? Do they remain so until they are claimed by the Germans, either through a unit entering the location or via the clean up during the Refit Phase? Assuming both the above are true, if my opponent has left a gap in...