Search results

1. dhuffjr

NATO vs WP circa 1978

Okay I need to get motivated to get my review done. :clown: I have very unpleasant memories of being stopped by M88s from over a kilometer away. What an inglorious end. :blab:
  2. dhuffjr

Tons of info on the Current British Army

After seeing your post mine is misleading. I sent him an email and then made the post. He was prompt in replying for halfway around the globe and we had a small email exchange on a couple topics. Very nice fellow and and outstanding resource.
  3. dhuffjr

Tons of info on the Current British Army

I've got me email out to the guy. I shoulda just had one of you two send it ot me.
  4. dhuffjr

Defending the Lillypad

No need really. TOW armed HMMWVs have just as long a reach and you get more per plane load. Of course if the OPFOR has lots of artillery a Bradley will be more survivable.
  5. dhuffjr

Defending the Lillypad

Actually I asked for and was turned down ......imagine that :laugh:......the old archaic software the USMC used to use. I queried HQMC and got a um.......no response. :D I pointed out they they themselves said it was antiquated :) The spreadsheet works 'almost' as good. C-5s and C-17s pose...
  6. dhuffjr

Defending the Lillypad

I've got a spreadsheet in progress for amphibious shipping. Vehicle footprint in m2, troop totals, and aircraft are what I'm tracking. I've got the m2 fudged a bit to account for aisleways and the odd and end nooks and crannies that don't fit trucks. Ships are a lot easier to do and fudge...
  7. dhuffjr

2007 Thanksgiving CPX

I didn't realize that. Maybe a glitch we can see if the Major can fix. Allow a dropped players units to remain on map and continue on orders as they have been given.
  8. dhuffjr

2007 Thanksgiving CPX

Gary, WWII almost negates the signature line if your in the town with armor. :D What happened to the disappearing infantry battalion? I keep seeing mention of it. Was it taken out by the Brit force or did it truly disappear?
  9. dhuffjr

2007 Thanksgiving CPX

I had the northern force for Blue and after about 20 minutes one element of the recon force. Good CPX overall with minimal technical difficulties. Jeff and I did pretty much zero planning and it turned out well for us :>) Map distance didn't hurt us though. For myself I managed to bunch...
  10. dhuffjr

What historical battle would you like to see?

Guadalcanal.....I'm working on the map (how long have I been saying that :OHNO:) Some Bastogne area scenerios would be good. I like the idea of some modern Iraq conflict scenerios, invasion especially. Korean pensula scenerios. Taiwan. Maybe something involving the Spratelys.
  11. dhuffjr

Defending the Lillypad

It was battalion right? Any other goodies? In a similiar vein with MEU deployements they have a KC130 detachment in a nearby (whatever that means? 1000 miles 500 miles :)) for use as needed. I think I've read that anyway :D
  12. dhuffjr

Defending the Lillypad

The Marines used to have an air alert response battalion as I recall. The intent was to fly them in if needed. Kinda the way the 82nd airborne has alert battalions and an alert brigade to respond within a designated amount of time. Interesting concept indeed. I'm interested in how your test...
  13. dhuffjr

Adjustment of map BMP file after terrain effects done

I'm not a map wizzard by a long shot but I'll toss some of my ideas to you. Personally I'm not a big fan of the LOS block feature because as I remember/understand it using it also blocks LOS for aircraft. Okay I guess if your modeling mountains. For rivers and streams that are fordable I...
  14. dhuffjr

AARs for James Sterrett's 23 October 2004 CPX

You know that is an excellent point. Makes meeting engagements a lot more feasible for CPXs on larger maps.
  15. dhuffjr

Betio scenario?

Some of the Pacific WWII actions I think can be set up as a two player game and you just actively control the Blue side. Because of the defensive nature of the later battles you will still have a good game. Maybe even have another player set up the Japanese side for you for a little mystery.
  16. dhuffjr

Tactical Decision Game Scenarios

I've thought about ording it for a while. I do have another source for good TOE stuff though. What I lack is something that folks would be hesitant maybe to divulge. For the support battalions how much of the equipement and in what organization and how are they attached for deployement. I...
  17. dhuffjr

AARs for James Sterrett's 23 October 2004 CPX

It would be good for infantry heavy games.
  18. dhuffjr

BCS title game

I think it was losing Ginn and the long lapse of time since the Buckeyes played in a game. Like Cherper said also Florida seemed to want it more. At least the food was good. Tri Tip with ABTs and a smoked fattie shaped like a little pig
  19. dhuffjr

"Summer War" Large scale scenario

Lots of fields it seems. Have you seen the ground? I'm curioius how you plan to code the terrain to get the proper feel for the terrain and how long the views are.
  20. dhuffjr

"Summer War" Large scale scenario

Can you upload the file here? Top of the webpage is a link for downloads. Or you can make the .bmp file a jpeg file which greatly shrinks it and just add the image to a post. I can't open the file you linked to.