Search results

1. O

Picking My First CG

So I'm thinking of playing a CG next year sometime. I have: Dinant - Germans vs French/Belgians Gavutu-Tanambogo - USMC vs Japanese Kakazu Ridge - US vs Japanese Roadblock at Mithwephok - Japanese vs British Race for the Meuse - Germans vs Belgians Crossing the Moro - Canadians vs Germans I'm...
  2. O

Nor'Easter Desert Map Fault

So the centre fold of my desert map from YASL NP2 came completely separated and won't lay flat. I've emailed FT direct and got no reply so I'll try here. Any advice on what to do or where to get a parts replacement?
  3. O

"Arguably" Missing Counters

So whilst of course we joke often about the excess of counters for some vehicles - why so many Opel Blitzes, guys? and why does Hakkaa Paalle have as many tank counters in it as the Finns had total? - the "fringe cases" interest me. Basically, anything that saw combat is modelled - with maybe a...
  4. O

Fringe Conflicts: The Chaco War

So I'm thinking about "fringe conflicts" that ASL is geared to simulate. Obviously the Spanish Civil War gets a decent amount of design, and there's surprisingly generous coverage for weird stuff like post-VJ Day suppression of nationalist movements. The biggest 20th century conventional...
  5. O

Action Pack Scenarios - Sources?

Interested in some old OOP AP scenarios, but without them on wargamevault or really available on eBay, is there any other way to source them? Are they held officially in PDF anywhere? Or is this a case of waiting for them to arrive on WV at an unspecified point?
  6. O

A Newbie Asks...(Tactics/Play)

Hello all. As someone playing through the Starter Kits solitaire whilst beginning to learn the full rules, I end up with a lot of non-rules questions, as well as the inevitable confusions about rules. So I thought I'd make myself a thread -as I couldn't see any equivalent - to ask tactics and...
  7. O

Best first/early HASLs?

What HASLs would you recommend people start with? Why? And how available are they ;)?
  8. O

ASLSK OOB Wishlist?

I've put together an ASLSK Counter Manifest and Scenario Database (nearly ready for public consumption if people want it), which has left me thinking: what gaps in the OOB do people want filling? Are there reasons some items can't be added to SK? (Double turrets come to mind, though who knows!)...