Search results

1. O

Picking My First CG

I may get Hatten, but CtM is looking like a strong possibility too.
  2. O

Picking My First CG

Thanks all. Good catch on KR. It's the same for Hell's Corner I think. Mithwephok is from St Louis ASL's CBI pack. I have it because I needed to order something from Ritterkrieg to get the free BG Italian counters for FT14...
  3. O

Picking My First CG

So I'm thinking of playing a CG next year sometime. I have: Dinant - Germans vs French/Belgians Gavutu-Tanambogo - USMC vs Japanese Kakazu Ridge - US vs Japanese Roadblock at Mithwephok - Japanese vs British Race for the Meuse - Germans vs Belgians Crossing the Moro - Canadians vs Germans I'm...
  4. O

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Got Rising Sun and LCP's "Race for the Meuse" (an Allied Minors HASL).
  5. O

What are your ASL scenario plans this week?

Deciding between AP8 A Bloody Harvest and BoF13 Totensonntag.
  6. O

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

I've managed a couple games in the last week - a Solitaire 105 Going to Church to learn Guns, which was fun and fairly simple. German win due to the 3-level building, however! Not terribly unbalanced though. Then FTF vs Wayne B U17 Resistance at Chabrehez, with me as the hidden Belgians. Very...
  7. O

Hollow Legions reprint, Will you play the desert?

I'll be getting HL. I'm a Brit, so perhaps biased...but I want that Western Desert action. (Also Russian Steppes, Russian Far East, and DTO Exporter and East Africa scenarios all attract me.)
  8. O

Nor'Easter Desert Map Fault

Blocked and reported ;)
  9. O

Nor'Easter Desert Map Fault

So the centre fold of my desert map from YASL NP2 came completely separated and won't lay flat. I've emailed FT direct and got no reply so I'll try here. Any advice on what to do or where to get a parts replacement?
  10. O

I got AP16, Nor'Easter 2, and SK XP1 (2nd Edition). Got a bunch more small packs and the Supplemental Map Bundle to order this coming month, then I'll be at basically max map capacity until older stuff gets reprinted.
  11. O

Table Top talks #2 Guns and human wave

Excellent to see this come out. I've got my own "training programme" with several more Inf/SW only scenarios to go, but IR-T2 will be my first Gun scenario.
  12. O

I meant to say, my last pickups were CBI Part One (from St Louis) and the Broken Ground bonus Italian counters for LFT14. All the way over the ocean from Ritterkrieg! Excellent service.
  13. O

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

A The Guards Counterattack. My 4th game. Went down to the last half-turn, but the Russians were in a strong position from, really, turn 1, and definitely turn 3. Their first big Human Wave (of the Guards) swept the 1F5 building, and then on turns 2 and 3 the Soviets mopped up some broken...
  14. O

CBC article on Curt Schilling

Chat for chits, perhaps
  15. O

J19 - Merzenhausen Zoo (Crocs and King Tigers, oh my!)

I've been waiting for it! Great vid.
  16. O

"Arguably" Missing Counters

It's a funny thing, isn't it - there was literally one combat-capable Maus (serial V2), but it's also a fascinatingly unique tank, and quite possibly did fight the Soviets (even if at a distance - given the combat range of the gun, you can imagine it fired shells, at least). Good to see the FF...
  17. O

On which note, though the Ram probably isn't relevant as a tank, its cousin the AC Sentinel is, in the event of DYO "Australian Sealion".
  18. O

So whilst of course we joke often about the excess of counters for some vehicles - why so many Opel Blitzes, guys? and why does Hakkaa Paalle have as many tank counters in it as the Finns had total? - the "fringe cases" interest me. Basically, anything that saw combat is modelled - with maybe a...
  19. O

A rundown of all official HASLs

It's definitely true that some really interesting WW2 actions that ASL suits at a scenario level wouldn't fit a campaign level - deep/wide penetration blitzkrieg, particularly, or long-range jungle infiltration. (Brevity Assault is obviously an attempt to deal with that problem by adding an...
  20. O

A rundown of all official HASLs

Just plain old confusion and not adding the in-development ones. Corrected above.