Search results

1. lightspeed

How to resolve a CH and a possible CH.

Folks, Here's the situation: one unit is in a foxhole, one outside. You fire ITT at the hex and roll a 2. There are no hindrances or other TH modifiers. The TH number is 8. The final TH against non-foxhole guy is a 2, against foxhole guy it's a 4. Therefore the non-foxhole gets a CH. A...
  2. lightspeed

J 244 (Bowden's Wood) SSR 2

Folks, SSR 2 says "American units in the same hex as the at-start American 9-1 leader are Fanatic (A10.8)..." A strict reading says that this means the at-start American 9-1 is fanatic, as he is in the same hex as himself. Do you agree? Thanks in advance. indy
  3. lightspeed

Possible typo in J214 (Raff’s Orders)

Folks, Have a look at scenario J214 (Raff’s Orders). The Germans get a 20L AA gun, but their only crew is a 1-2-7 vehicle crew. Is anyone aware of Errata for this? There’s no mention in the SSR about the fact that it‘s not a Gun Crew. The Aftermath mentions a FlaK gun, but says almost...
  4. lightspeed

Stream/Woods (or Gully/Woods) as Rout Destination

Folks, Assuming that a valid woods/building exists as a rout destination, can a broken unit claim a Stream/Woods (or Gully/Woods) as its rout destination? I don't think so. It's not an air-tight argument...please bear with me... Only building and woods can be bypassed. Such combination...
  5. lightspeed

SM 2 (Seldom Practical) SSR 4 and A19.132

Folks, SM 2 American paratroops. Their ELR is listed as "ELR: 5 (see SSR 4)." SSR 4 says "American ELR is reduced by 3 should an American at-start leader be eliminated/captured." (Italics in original.) Suppose that an American at-start leader is eliminated/captured. Then the American ELR...
  6. lightspeed

Moving through a hedge/wall/bocage gap hexside.

Folks, Have a look at this Q and A: B9.4 May a wall/hedge hexside with an “obvious gap” (but no road depiction) be crossed without paying the extra movement cost? May walls/hedges with “obvious gaps” (whether there is a road or not) be crossed by expending the additional movement cost for a...
  7. lightspeed

Gap in Bocage (take 2)

Apparently my first post was lost/forgotten/hidden, so I'll try again... I played a scenario out of the excellent SME pack last week... It seems the bocage gaps not only change movement (per the footnotes), but LOS as well. I think I have this correct: Have a look at board Fa. (Sorry for...
  8. lightspeed

Double One 2023 Dates?

Folks, Have the dates for Double One 2023 been fixed? indy
  9. lightspeed

Operation Neptune British 3inch MTR

I just received this last week (it looks fantastic) and had a quick question about the British 3 inch MTR. I notice that in ON2, ON3, and ON9, the said MTR is the "correct" 81mm, while in ON6 and the CG, the MTR is the original 76mm. I am curious as to why. Now, one possible answer is that...
  10. lightspeed

A12.121 (Concealment Loss/Gain Table) and E7.5 (AA Mode)

Folks, Played Q19 (Raff's Ruffians) yesterday. The defending Germans get an 88L AA gun that must be set up in AA mode, and can also can be set up emplaced (and thus HIP). The German may remove the AA counter without firing (E7.5), but does this count as an "action" for concealment/hip loss...
  11. lightspeed

What's happening in Blackpool?

Gents, What's happening at Blackpool (other than Martin and Simon are doing a wonderful job)? indy
  12. lightspeed

Victory Conditions in FrF44/BoF23 (Anhalt Pandemonium): "Exit VP."

Folks, Just played this scenario from MMP/Friendly Fire. The VC are "The Russians win at game end by having more VP (calculated as Exit VP) on/north-of hexrow R than the Germans have anywhere onboard...." Italics in original. The bit after the ... is about AFV AF not counting, and something...
  13. lightspeed

LFT Rat Pocket Charts v3

My apologies if this has been asked before... Please open your v3 Rat Charts to page 15. I draw your attention to the Free French Nationality Distinctions. The last three lines are in US colours and have the following squads: 558, 557, 547. What product are they (as well as the Corps Francs...
  14. lightspeed

B24.74: Clearing Dummy Minefields

Folks, Have a look at B24.74 and imagine a situation where there are known (and some dummy) minefields. What if a unit spends their entire MF to enter a dummy minefield (thinking it is real) in an attempt to clear it? The way I read the rules, there is no dispensation for the fact that it is...
  15. lightspeed

B28.1 Minefields (under a bridge)

Happy Triskaidekaphobia Day! B28.1 says, in part "Minefields may not be placed in a bridge, paved road, [lots deleted], Interior Building Hex, rubble, or Water Obstacle hex." It is possible to read that to mean "Minefields may not be placed in a bridge hex." I think this is a curious...
  16. lightspeed

Anti-Tank Ditch MF cost to enter (B27.56)

Folks, Have a look at B27.56 (Anti-Tank Ditch). The last sentence says "An A-T Ditch is treated the same as a trench except...Infantry must pay two MF plus COT to enter/exit the counter of an A-T Ditch." (italics added.) What the heck does that mean? Specifically, what does it mean to enter...
  17. lightspeed

Race to the Meuse TM Entry Areas Question

George, I hope you are well. I'm thinking of playing the RM TM and I had a couple of Qs. :) TM10-Entry Areas (p5): The rules say "RG designated as belonging to the Chasseurs Ardennais, must enter... A13 and/or N1..." On the D5.311 (p14) Reinforcement Tables, none of the Belgian Forces are...
  18. lightspeed

WW2 Bazooka vs Infantry in Woods

Folks, I was chatting with a friend who claims he has read that, in WW2, BAZ were "quite effective" (his words) against infantry in woods because the BAZ round would send splinters flying everywhere, akin to an airburst. He claims they were sufficiently effective that this use of a BAZ became...
  19. lightspeed

Some thoughts on Starter Kit Expansion Pack #2 (SKEP2)

MMP supports ASL with two separate yet equal product lines: ASL and SK. These are their stories... I picked up SKEP2 recently and have played three scenarios. In the interest of full disclosure, I don't play SK. My friend Rob and I played the scenarios with essentially ASL rules (with a few...
  20. lightspeed

Can't connect to VASL server from a Mac

Folks, I have loaded vasl and can run it in offline mode just fine. The problem is that it cannot (will not?) connect to the server when I go online. I shut off wifi on my computer, and used my phone as a mobile hotspot (using mobile data), and there is no issue. I shut off the...