Search results

1. C

What boardgames have you played recently?

A fellow ASLer and I have been playing Flying Colors because we also like Age of Fighting Sail tactical level games. I've also been playing Twilight Struggle. Also recently got a copy of DVG's solitaire submarine game U-Boat Leader and am enjoying that as well. Not to worry though, it's FtF ASL...
  2. C

Basic Tactics Links

Nah, You're way more like the "Cryptkeeper", don't ya think, Jerry?
  3. C

What boardgames have you played recently?

Played NHL Icebreaker with my wife. We are both hockey fans and this is a fast moving, card management game. Lots of fun. I won as the BlackHawks against her Flyers 4 - 3 on the last shot of the game.
  4. C

ASL SK to full ASL

This is something that an individual named George Bates posted on Consimworld. He has asked for a discussion and suggestions. I like the idea and wanted to share it here to see what the masses who haunt SZO think. "ASL SK to full ASL (my modest proposal) I'd like to suggest that if there...
  5. C

Hakkaa Päälle (HP) Rumor

I heard that HP might not be a core module release, but an Action Pack offering.:whist: Can anyone confirm this? And if it is true, would this be the best way to bring the updated Finns into the fold?:hmmm:
  6. C

Basic Tactics Links

Very nice work. Thanks!
  7. C

Looking for photo archives

Thanks. Starting... :cheeky:
  8. C

Big MMP Announcement from Brian

Heard that a journal will probably be out in time for the MMP tournament. Is the 2nd edition rulebook the "cork" in the bottle?
  9. C

Looking for photo archives

Flags as covers Does anyone have a site they can recommend where I can download WWII era flags to use as Plano cover art? I have all the nationalities.
  10. C

Getting started in ASL

Also, some of the basic charts (close combat, etc.)have been updated with information and are different than the ones I have in the first edition rulebook. I'm hoping to receive my 2nd edition shortly after New Year's. I am remaining patient, however as I just got KGP II and BRT in the...
  11. C

Getting started in ASL

Yes. Pay the extra amount for the new rulebook. I updated my 1st edition rulebook with all the available errata thinking I would basically have a poor mans 2nd edition and I was wrong. I found things in one of my friend's 2nd edition rulebook that still wasn't in the first. I immediately...
  12. C

Poll: what will happen first?

Haven't I seen this somewhere before?
  13. C

Poll: what will happen first?

Damn! Number 5 it is!
  14. C

Battlefield Integrity (revisited, again)

I voted "no way", but in reality my vote should have been "I ignore it because I don't undertand it". None of my opponents here in Oklahoma City have ever mentioned using it and some of them have been playing the squad leader system(s) for over 20 years.
  15. C

Rules I dont like

Human Wave and Night Rules I don't fully understand the human wave or banzai charge rules so I can't ever take advantage of one of the strengths of the Japanese when I play them. I also don't really like 'night' rules either based on the drubbing my poor german troops took during the first...
  16. C

Corner clipping - why?

I like the look and feel of counters when they are clipped. I also believe it does prevent some stacks from catching on others and knocking them down. As I age though, I am finding my hand and wrist hurts more as I use toenail clippers to do the job. I am looking forward to owning the two...
  17. C

MMP Sale

I ordered Blood Reef Tarawa and KP II. Merry Christmas to me! :joy: Now I only need the second edtion rulebook and AOO and my collection is as complete as I want it to be.
  18. C

Former GENIEites who still ASL

I started out on GENIE because a fellow ASLer told me I could sign up for and get ASL discussions on it. Never played a game via GENIE, but did get great stuff about ASL! We sure have come a long way since!
  19. C

Favorite Scenario Type

I'll play any type of theme, but like the scenarios to be 7 turns so I can get through it to the end with no record keeping, picking up the pieces for later, etc. My group and I normally play each Thursday night. Longer scenarios can occur on Saturdays, but that depends on whether my...
  20. C

How Much Time Do You Spend Playtesting?

I have just started playtesting scenarios. I had a hand in playtesting the latest offerings from 'Dispatches from the Bunker'. I'll probably do some more in the future.