Search results

1. Doughboy

Russian AFV/Vehicle Info Cards

Wow! any further work on this? Was there a plan to eventually market these cards? I would be in for an initial German and Russian set and then Yanks, Brits, Italians and Japanese as separate packs. The GMT placards for their Panzer game is the idea form factor, it's just a question of whether...
  2. Doughboy

What boardgames have you played recently?

Just walking through learning scenario for Fighting Formations, .. just need to get use to play dynamics but I like what i see so far. Tried Warriors of Japan a week ago, didn't seem to hit it for me.. I don't know the period covered seemed too brief, I think if it had covered a different period...
  3. Doughboy

Some bad, some good news...

RPC available later this month? OMG Thank You! :)
  4. Doughboy

According the GMT's February update, BAOR and FRG (German expansion) is set for Q4 this year (2017). Doesn't look like France 40 module is scheduled this year though..
  5. Doughboy

Yes, Can't wait for the Bunderwehr, BAOR and French modules later this year!
  6. Doughboy

SPQR, Heraclea, rolled up the Romans with the Epirote Elephants and Calvary in very short order
  7. Doughboy

Playing this on PC is the best format, the 360 is nice but really gets some use to, the IOS version map grid area is too small and limited
  8. Doughboy

Vietnam project for Advanced Tobruk System -- what do you think?

Tanks rule in the ATS system, the infantry stuff is ok, but naturally I'm a little biased with over 20 years of ASL plus SL under my belt. Still, it is far easier to resolve large armor engagements with ATS than ASL anyday. So 5011 and 5013 are must haves for me. The Vietnam thingy is a...
  9. Doughboy

Vietnam project for Advanced Tobruk System -- what do you think?

Critical Hit put out a Dien Bien Phu kit for ASL several years back. It should take much for them to convert over to ATS standards. :smoke:
  10. Doughboy

sowchos 79

It's been a while seen I've looked at COI. Did the armour system at the time made the Soviet armour more a push over than it is now? I know that with ASL, the armour ratings were roughly 10% of the reallife thickness. Though I'm not sure how they came up with the kill numbers, perhaps its based...
  11. Doughboy

sowchos 79

I have that conversion somewhere though at the moment I am at a loss as to where it came from. Perhaps it came from one of the clubs? :cheeky:
  12. Doughboy

sowchos 79

Sorry for the detail ad nauseum, but it was a classic and definitely worth digging up :cheeky:
  13. Doughboy

sowchos 79

Let's see, probrably easier to upload an image, but its set in souther Russia Dec 8 42. A relief effort on the way to Stalingrad. includes boards 4,3,2,5 ten turns long, Russians setup first Germans move first Victory conditions: Germans win by occupying any 12 of the buildings between L...
  14. Doughboy

Getting started in ASL

Hi, it references that it was designed for Win3.1 and works with Win95 as well. Are there any issues running this in WinXP? regards Doughboy
  15. Doughboy

Most fun thing to shoot

I think the game is definitely worth getting just to take out those blasted ewoks. Man, those buggers ruined the movie for me :cheeky:
  16. Doughboy

Corner clipping - why?

I totally agree with your point as well, and spending that much effort will cause some serious straining in the forearms a symptom of carpal tunnel syndrome. Actually, I remember watching one of the Learning channel programs called the "Operation" where they indeed had to perform surgery on...
  17. Doughboy

Turner's Gettysburg

Yes, it was truly shameless, at least his character gets in Gettysburg!!! :cheeky:
  18. Doughboy

Turner's Gettysburg

Good Point, sure would like to see more characterization of Lee in any case. Perhaps some of the missing footage shows Jackson at his finest with the Valley campaign, certainly there were several key battles that were missing in the film. Finally, I felt that there must be more material...
  19. Doughboy

Turner's Gettysburg

You Bet, not getting Berenger back as Longstreet really bugged the heck out of me as well. Glad someone else out there feels the same way. Heh, Heh, I sorry but, its hard to take Bruce Boxleitner as Longstreet, I still remember him as Tron!! :laugh: Maybe someone should let Ron...
  20. Doughboy

Greatness of ASL Community

Yikes!!! OK, "where does he get those wonderful Toys?" (Joker) :cheeky: