Search results

1. D

OCS still alive?

Thanks. Found the OCS forum on consimworld. This will be helpful.
  2. D

OCS still alive?

Hi all. I have played TOAW for a while and like operational games, but there was always something lacking about the supply system and operations are all about supply and planning ahead. Recently, I have began to read through the rules of OCS and it's just clicking for me. Until now, I'm loving...
  3. D

FG with units from different nationalities

JOSEPH 351 - POINTE DE CORSEN, FRANCE,, 28 AUGUST 44
  4. D

Ok. Thanks again.
  5. D

Ok, seems reasonable. I'll understand that if I form a FG with units of both nationalities and a leader, I'll have to renounce the leadership DRM. Thank you both.
  6. D

The leadership DRM restriction, in this case, comes from the scenario description, which says "Neither the Russian, nor the American/FFL SMC may provide leadership DRM to MMC/SMC of the other nationality". What I don't know then, if there is no restriction in the rulebook, is how to deal with...
  7. D

In the first scenario of ASLSK#3, we have Russian, free French and American units against Germans. It is said that al leader can't apply his DRM to other nationality unit (when referring to Russians and Americans), but it says nothing about forming FGs, neither does the rulebook. My questions...
  8. D

Some questions on ASLSK#3 rules

Thanks very much for the very comprehensive answer.
  9. D

Some questions on ASLSK#3 rules

After rereading the ASLSK#3 rules some things are still blurry for me. Below I list my doubts so far. I would be grateful if anyone can help: 1. Intensive Fire section says: A Gun/MA (not SW) that has fired and lost ROF can still fire again once int he same phase by using Intensive Fire. Mark...
  10. D

Let's try it again

I didn't remember this map. Nice stuff. Will try to contact those people.
  11. D

Let's try it again

More accessible, even if still expensive for a digital version. Yet, this may be a solution.
  12. D

Let's try it again

Thanks. I didn't even know there was a ASLSK 4. You said it is more detailed and I know there are a lot of specific rules to very specific situations, but, in an average game of ASL, how much more richness, in terms of variability of tactics available and narrative flavor do these details add...
  13. D

Let's try it again

Thanks all of you. In fact, one of the most favorable aspects of ASL is that it has an very active and friendly community. This is the best propaganda a game can get and may explain why such an old game keeps on going and, perhaps, even growing in popularity. I say that because I could see on...
  14. D

Let's try it again

I have tried to go into ASL some years ago, but gave up after a while. One of the reasons, still present today, was that I usually don't have a whole hour to stop and just play the game. I get interrupted for working reasons all the time, so I usually like to play against an AI, which doesn't...
  15. D

New TOAW III Equipment Editor

Thanks Parmenio, for putting some effort in our game. Someone with programming background and disposition to contribute is a bless.
  16. D

Any future for ASL outside WWII

I've seen a thread with harsh critics to a Korea (or Vietnam, don't really remember) war module. I'm still a beginner playing ASLSK, so I can't really judge those modules. But I also play TOAW and the thing I like the most about it is it's flexibility. Being able to try any conflict on the...