Search results

1. zgrose

SME Night setup for Germans

If there is a compilation thread, I missed it. If there is one, link it and I'll move/copy my question there. In Night scenarios, E1.41 says the Attacker's Infantry start under Cloaking. E1.42 says SW must be dm if possible. E1.411 says the Attacker sets up offboard. My assumption is that the...
  2. zgrose

Java 9 - As Good As They Got - SSR 10

10. The German receives Air Support (E7.). At the beginning of each German Turn, the German side makes a DR; on a wdr <= 2 Air Support is received and on the cdr (halved, FRU) is the number 1939 Stuka DB with bombs received. Each Stuka is automatically recalled at the end of the next French...
  3. zgrose

A4.63 Dash and A4.15 Infantry OVR

A4.63 Dash and A4.15 Infantry OVR Q: Is it permissible to perform an Infantry OVR during a Dash into the SMC’s hex (e.g. NTC passed, Dash for 1MF into the road and 2MF more into the Orchard hex on the other side containing one Known enemy SMC)? A: No. ....Perry
  4. zgrose

‘Best’ large scenario?

Looks like I maybe playing a very large scenario as part of a 4 day boardgaming event here in Houston. Been looking over the monster scenarios in RB/RO and VotG as an obvious first place to start. Since I usually avoid large scenarios, thought I toss this out for a recommendation. I’m guessing...
  5. zgrose

Test for HKW

Test only
  6. zgrose

Sniper and concealed trucks

Q: If one had a Concealed Truck and a Concealed OT AFV equidistant from a sniper Random Location DR hex, does the sniper player get to know which of the two hexes contains an optionally ineligible target before deciding the target hex (e.g. the concealed units player says something like "hex A5...
  7. zgrose

Behind the Beachhead - Supply Dump

Scenario/rule question: It is possible for the trucks to load the ammo while in Bypass of the Woods behind the Warehouse? Question to players: Have you been able to win as the Americans? It seems super hard to prevent two trucks exiting with their cargo barring some very good luck. Seems like...
  8. zgrose

Spotting, Opportunity Fire and Concealment

Q: When a Mortar is marked for Opportunity Fire, is its Spotter also considered to be an Opportunity Firer and thus lose Concealment as well (concealment chart case D)? Or is it considered to just be Spotting (case C) and simply marked with the Opportunity Fire counter? A: Mark the spotter...
  9. zgrose

VBM MP cost when obstacle is two levels up

In the image below, what's the cost to enter P3 from Q3 in Bypass along the P2/P3 hex side? Is the AFV just treated as if at Level Two (for LOS) or does it pay MP as if moving to Level Two (the Woods are on Level Two). (edit) clarity edits
  10. zgrose

A4.63 & A11.8 sides of the road

Questions about crossing the road (no chickens involved) from Facebook. In the attached image (RB map) wherein Rubble is eligible for Street-Fighting Ambush like a building: A11.8: “Any vehicle in a road hex and ADJACENT to a building hex on both sides of that road is especially vulnerable to...
  11. zgrose

Entrenched behind a Low Seawall

Can a unit in a Trench behind a Low Seawall see non adjacent hexes past that wall? I think myself, and some others, imagined the Low Seawall like a small Cliff but I’m not finding the rule to support that. Could be looking in the wrong place. Taken from Facebook post about AP101 playing.
  12. zgrose

Risk

Where you do draw the line at risk? Specifically, in a standard ASL moment, if your opponent needs an X DR to succeed, what value of X do you start to question the value of your move. For me, 6 is a probably go for it and 5 is a for sure. Obviously some ASL moments have more weight than...
  13. zgrose

Best marking option for glass and plastic

What's the best (easy to clean off) option for markers when working with map covers of: a) glass b) plastic Dry erase sounds ideal, but they only work on treated surfaces (i.e the whiteboards), yes? The wet erase overhead projector type pens sounds like the other logical option. Any other...
  14. zgrose

A4.42 Inherent Portage Capacity (IPC)

Situation: Hero/HMG/9-1 want to leave a hex I believe the rule says a SMC (the Hero) can never move with anything 3+ PP in size but that if the SW was 2PP, the Hero and Leader could combine to have their full 6MF (1 IPC on the Hero, +1 IPC for the Leader for no PP carried in excess of its IPC)...
  15. zgrose

Routing when you "know" you can't reach

In the image below, the squad in Y7 obviously has to rout. Can't go up. Can't go in Z7. Z8 is an Orchard. So it looks to me that he has to choose Z9 @ 4MF away. The squad gets the wall TEM in Y8 so no Interdiction there. LOS from everyone else is blocked. I could then get the vehicle TEM in Y9...
  16. zgrose

C8.5 SMOKE in DFPh

"Once any unit fires anything other than SMOKE during that PFPh/DFPh, no SMOKE may be fired during that PFPh/DFPh." If my AFV First Fired a MG during the ATTACKER's MPh, is that AFV clear to fire SMOKE from the MA? Seems like so but triple checking.
  17. zgrose

Case L and firing on the Start MP

I think I've learned in an older thread that Case L doesn't apply when firing at an AFV on its Start MP. Am I remembering correctly?
  18. zgrose

A4.31 Bypass

Using the A4.31 EX illustration: May the 4-4-7 squad enter D4 in Bypass along the D4/C4 hexside, and then enter C4 for a total of 3 MF (1 for bypassing D4, 2 for the woods in C4)? Yes. ....Perry MMP
  19. zgrose

Caves primer

Is there a good article on Caves in a Journal/etc? Reading through G11.85 has revealed all sorts of goodness and I'm looking for more.
  20. zgrose

Taking a stab at a scenario

Taking a stab at what I'm calling the first is a series of "plausibles" which is just my word for a playtested DYO. I'm thinking a company of Americans supported by a platoon of M4s and battalion mortars are tasked to flush the Germans out of a crossroads/edge-of-town/village type defensive...