Search results

1. zgrose

Rally Point Volume 20 scenarios for ROAR or JR are you still alive?

Since the scenarios aren't present in ROAR for months, probably just better to start at the Archive and then let ROAR catch up instead. :)
  2. zgrose

Infantry movement in an AT Ditch

Pretty sure the trench quality of the AT Ditch invokes B27.54 B27.54: "...Infantry already beneath a trench counter may therefore move to a connecting trench without paying the extra MF to enter/exit the trench which would normally apply..."
  3. zgrose

Gamesurvey.org – research on hobby gaming community

You're literally filling out a survey with demographic questions....
  4. zgrose

DONATIONS

So are the Nigerian princes... :)
  5. zgrose

DONATIONS

Note that Jeff was referring the trademark.
  6. zgrose

DONATIONS

If you want to "donate" to MMP, they sell games other than ASL. Just buy one.
  7. zgrose

How to play faster ASL

Oh, and FWIW, 7 on the 4 is a PTC. That's the only IFT I've bothered to memorize. The most common DR and the most common (IMO) FP column.
  8. zgrose

How to play faster ASL

In my limited experience, choosing to fire or not isn't the biggest time sink. It's when you or your opponent hasn't been thinking about what they want to do when it isn't their turn. Sure, things can change, but once the MPh actions on the West side of the map are over, you can start thinking...
  9. zgrose

I Don't Want To Cause No Fuss...

I'd wager a dollar that if you don't move anything and don't press any buttons, the worst you can do when there is a version mismatch is spam the chat with your VASSAL/VASL not understanding what command X meant or piece Y is. I don't want to speak for the VASSAL team, but I have a sneaking...
  10. zgrose

Can this vehicle change his CA in the AFPh?

Come over to the ASL Discord and ask there next time. We're way more chill. :D
  11. zgrose

Can this vehicle change his CA in the AFPh?

The best attempt at a reality rationale I've heard to date (this came up for me a couple months ago) is that changing TCA/VCA isn't just the AFV rotating by hitting the left/right pedal but that the AFV is moving from one firing position to another and w/o the Gunner be able to look around...
  12. zgrose

RFP & Wire: Move beneath wire “simultaneous”?

Seems right to me, FWIW.
  13. zgrose

New Deluxe Board Hexes qD1 and qE1

I'm not getting the non-reciprocal part of this. We have U-shaped buildings all over the ASL geoboards. But maybe I'm missing something.
  14. zgrose

DZ: Sainte-Mere-Eglise Bocage Gap Question

They are playing it wrong. It's even in the B9.55 example: "... During the British MPh, the concealed 3-3-8 uses Non-Assault Movement and enters K4 without claiming WA (due to the woods TEM), and is therefore out of the 4-4-7’s LOS. It continues to L4 where it must claim WA (9.323), thereby...
  15. zgrose

Changing Crags

OSC Swapping. You can choose Orchards to Crags, Shellholes to Crags and Crags to others.
  16. zgrose

F6.5 Hillock TEM - Who's "the target"?

Well, if someone was going to describe a circle to people, I wouldn't advise them to try to write a "simple" description in text. I'd advise they show a drawing of a circle. Some concepts just come across better if you have a visual to work with and then you can read about the edge-cases. E.g...
  17. zgrose

When it comes to hillocks, I usually jump right to the EX picture and look for the case that’s happening in my game. 9 times out of 10 it’s on there.
  18. zgrose

Slightly disagreement with above. The target often isn't on the hillock hex that is granting them the TEM or HD with respect to F6.5 "See the entries in the 6.6 EX that have asterisked squad IDs."
  19. zgrose

VASL6.6.8-beta6.vmod is released

Sending in discord, too. Looks like issues in the SS trays. And 4-4-7s are breaking to 9 Morale instead of 8. Using beta8
  20. zgrose

Returning to ASL

AFAIK, no plans to PDF the scenarios in the boxes, BUT You can get a ton of scenarios in PDF form in the Annuals and Journals PDF bundles: e.g. https://www.wargamevault.com/product/307552/ASL-Journal-Bundle?src=hottest_filtered