Search results

1. fabrsm

Multiple Mortars with the Same Observer

Hello, Two 81mm mortars want to use same assigned spotter they have in an adjacent hex (C9.3). The first of the mortars fires using the spotter at a target 1 in its CA. The target is hit with a critical hit that eliminates it and also maintain the ROF of the Mtr. Since there are other targets in...
  2. fabrsm

KIA Extension (corpses)

Hi, Small modification to differentiate friendly KIAs from enemy KIAs: "corpses" extension with two colors (5KIA.mdx)
  3. fabrsm

PAATC (A12.41) for multiple vehicles

Hi, The first of three tanks that are moving with the Movement Platoon and it enters without making an OVR into a grain hex where there is an MMC concealment. The MMC decides to attempt to hold its concealment by making a PAATC (A12.41). The PAATC is passed and it also decides not to make any...
  4. fabrsm

Change the CA without shooting

Hello, as I am not sure if I read the following rule correctly, I ask you for confirmation: according to rule C3.22 I understand that a Vehicle equipped with a turret, with a main weapon, and CMG/BMG (D1.8), if during the PFPh it exhausts the ROF of his MA but does NOT use his CMG, it will be...
  5. fabrsm

Vehicle MPs and Armored Assault

Hi, during an Armored Assault (D9.31) a vehicle will not be allowed to move beyond the maximum distance that the MMC it protects can reach. Since the AFV now has a restriction on its movement, will it still have to apply rule D.2.1 that MPs not spent by the AFV in the Armored Assault will all...
  6. fabrsm

Location of Turret Hit on Vehicle with Twin Turrets

Hi, In a PIF scenario the Russian Vehicle T-26M39U (BFP), but it could also be a T-26M31 (MMP), in Image is hit on turret (C3.9) by an Art Gun with AP Ammo. But which turret and consequently which side of it is Hit since the two turrets offer a different side? There is a specific rule in Chapter...
  7. fabrsm

Armor Leader & NTC Radioless AFV

Hello, in a PIF scenario it is determined that Russian AFVs have inexperienced crews (D3.45). During MPh one of the Russian AFVs without radios wants to move without using Platoon movement (D14.23). Since rule D3.42 states that the crew takes the morale of its Armor Leader, will the NTC to move...
  8. fabrsm

VASL Battlefield Integrity (A16.)

Hello, I created these two small extensions for VASL that add a table For Battlefield Integrity (A16.) (There are two versions: a smaller one (Battlefield Integrity.vmdx) and a larger one (LBI.vmdx). As markers, use those made available in the "unit/Blank" vasl window. Being unfamiliar with the...
  9. fabrsm

AFV Fully tracked & Random Gun Destruction

Hello, the Rule A9.74 says: "...An overrunning, fully-tracked AFV which ends its MPh in a target Location may check for Random SW Destruction of unlimbered, NM, and RFNM (C10.2-C10.26) Guns and abandoned weapons even if the OVR did not result in a KIA unless the weapon is in an entrenchment..."...
  10. fabrsm

Platoon Movement & Defensive Fire

Hi, two Russian AFVs move with platoon movement (D14.2). In the following movement impulse, they decide to move into: -AFV 1: rotating its CA into the L5/M5 hex, and then moving into the L5 hex; -AFV2: into the L4 hex, and then rotate its CA into the L5/M5 hex. Question about the DFF with...
  11. fabrsm

Snap Shot

Hello, Can a unit in hex 'A' consider the target 'moving' (A8.1) to apply DFF with the Snap Shot (A8.15) on an enemy unit starting to move from hex M3 in one of the directions indicated by the arrows? Thanks
  12. fabrsm

Armored Cupola: Critical Hit and effects on infantry-crew.

Hello, the armored cupola (D9.5) in image, is placed on the roof is it hit by a CH from an 81mm mortar. The subsequent DR launch on the IFT results in a KIA. The armored cupola is destroyed but having infantry-crew it and not a crew with CS#, how to apply the effects on it? Thanks
  13. fabrsm

Pilloboxes/Buildings without enemy units & Sighting TC (E7.3):

Hello all. Using To Hit Area Fire allows me to fire HE even on hexes potentially without enemy units (see also, "Firing at empty hexes" post) and this could also be done by planes dropping bombs but these planes, before attacking, must pass a SIGHTING TC. which drm should be applied if, for...
  14. fabrsm

HIP Gun Emplaced and AFV entering the same hex

Hello, although I am reading the article in Journal 8 ("CROSSTOWN TRAFFIC.."), I cannot quite understand the sequence of fire that the Gun (Polish) could have against the AFV (German). As soon as the AFV enters the hex, the Gun, in order to maintain its HIP status must pass a PAATC but the...
  15. fabrsm

SdKfz8 Flak 88 & Hit Crew

Hello everyone, this German vehicle (BFP module - PIF), also has the following note in the description: "..CE DRM is +3 to fire traced through the VCA/TCA. This is shown by "CE: +3 VCA/TCA" on the counter; CE DRM to Indirect Fire is always +1. The Crew is always completely exposed to FP that is...
  16. fabrsm

OBA, observer and his SR.

Hello, hoping that I have posted in the right group I lay out my idea for you to give it a rating. I point out that this is a "tactic" used at least until recently and thus, certainly, also applied during WW2. In the various steps to activate an OBA fire there are various indicators which...
  17. fabrsm

Observer and LOS at AR placed

Hello everyone, on the OBA flowchart (2019) there is stated in graphics (colors) that if an observer, in radio contact with and access to the battery, does NOT have a LOS to the placed AR you lose access to the battery itself and consequently the fire mission (1.7) Reading Rule 1.3, the second...
  18. fabrsm

MMC+SW KIA in bypass

Hello, A German 238 with a DC in Bypass movement is eliminated and the subsequent dr for random destruction of the DC does not eliminate it. During this same movement phase the DC can be taken up by another unit, but where is it considered abandoned? ps I read that a Broken or pinned unit will...
  19. fabrsm

B9.322 & Claiming WA with the fifth opportunity

Hello, Example with Hex E7 of WOOD and NOT of Orchard. During the German RPh the Polish unit in hex E7 does not declare the WA keeping the TEM of WOOD (note: if it had been an Orchard the Polish unit would have had to automatically take WA B9.323); During the opponent's movement phase, the...
  20. fabrsm

OBA - Voluntary or not Voluntary Loss Contact

Hi, situation: during the DFPh the German maintains radio contact and access to the OBA battery is ok. The next Turn, PFPh does not try to maintain radio contact (to make the move afterwards). Next Phase (MPh), He move but also having Your SR in LOS (see image). Is this considered a voluntary...