Search results

1. scottf2

VASL LOS thread bug

I asked about this issue on the Discord and was directed to this thread... I've had a similar experience in three games recently. In two of them, the LOS tool was "permanently" greyed out - even after the scenario was saved and reloaded. No amount of future LOS checks by my opponent fixed the...
  2. scottf2

NOBA and NOBA Direct Fire (Corregidor) questions

Thanks - sorry for the confusion - I was citing the Corregidor rules on Direct Fire NOBA (Section 7)
  3. scottf2

NOBA and NOBA Direct Fire (Corregidor) questions

Hi all, Preparing to play CtR-19 Pug-Nacious, having never played a scenario with NOBA before, and running into some questions while trying to sort through the NOBA and NOBA direct fire rules. 1) The NOBA rules reference an SFCP as the only onboard observer for NOBA - suggesting the use of a...
  4. scottf2

Live VASL Opponent wanted

Hi there - I'm in CA too and would love to get a live VASL game in. Will message you to discuss details.
  5. scottf2

Crucible of Steel - VASL Opponent

Will message you to discuss!
  6. scottf2

"Ignorable" rout destinations

Thanks for the responses. As mentioned in the OP, and reiterated by others, X10 and V10 are not legal rout paths because they get closer to (previously) KEU. I think most people play this the same way: there is no legal rout destination within 6 hexes so the 10-2 leader is free to rout anywhere...
  7. scottf2

"Ignorable" rout destinations

I see this question has been asked before in various ways, but after reading through a few threads, and reading the rout rules multiple times, I'm still not sure of the answer: 10.51 If no non-ignorable building/woods Location can be reached during that RtPh, a broken unit may rout to any...
  8. scottf2

Crew Survival and wreck TEM

Thanks!
  9. scottf2

Crew Survival and wreck TEM

I'm having difficulty parsing this EXC in regards to Crew Survival: 9.3 AFV/WRECK TEM: All Infantry in the same Location with a wreck/friendly-AFV/abandoned-enemy-AFV are entitled to a +1 TEM unless one or more of the following applies: they are being fired on from within that same Location; the...
  10. scottf2

Paradrop/Night questions arising from Night of Nights

Thanks Klas. I saw the errata for 1.531 but had missed the 1.53 errata- helpful! But I'm still not sure about question one - where is the "live board edge" and what is the timing of entering the board? Any thoughts?
  11. scottf2

AP 132 Night of Nights

Thanks Ted - we got through the first two turns last night and are hoping to finish it today. Really enjoying it so far!
  12. scottf2

Paradrop/Night questions arising from Night of Nights

As mentioned in a previous thread, a friend and I are playing throught AP132 Night of Nights - a really interesting scenario and since neither of us have played night or paratroop landings before this, we're enjoying working through the rules but a few questions have come up... Greatly...
  13. scottf2

AP 132 Night of Nights

Hi Ted, Getting ready to play this scenario soon and was hoping for some clarification on the remark above... By "originally", do you mean that you originally designed it that way but then changed it when published, or do you just mean that is the intent of the scenario? In other words, in the...
  14. scottf2

HIP and building control

Thanks! Seems like the scenario designer chimed in on this thread and confirmed your interpretation (at least, that's what I assume he meant by "originally" - that the restriction to keep them in AA mode was changed at some point in playtesting... but maybe he meant "as originally designed" and...
  15. scottf2

HIP and building control

Question related to Night of Nights, which we're getting ready to start: Regarding cloaking, E1.41 CONTENTS: The Scenario Attacker's Infantry (only) always starts the scenario in the form of Cloaking counters [EXC: Aerial landings]. I assume paradrops are "aerial landings", and that units...
  16. scottf2

HIP and building control

Yes - all my games have been on VASL lately, using Discord for voice chat - great combination. Will track down that thread on night/VASL. Thanks!
  17. scottf2

HIP and building control

Thanks! Something along these lines was my plan... would hate to win on a technicality or forgotten/unknown rule. Looking forward to playing AP132 Night of Nights - first airdrop and night scenario for both of us - should be fun! Thanks, Scott
  18. scottf2

HIP and building control

Hi all, Unless I'm missing a rule somewhere, this is probably more of an etiquette than a rules question, but: Assume that a scenario requires building control as a VC, and there's a HIP unit preventing gain of building control. I'm aware of A26.15 In all cases, control of a...
  19. scottf2

Banzai charge defense

Thanks everyone! Will check out those Journal articles and give this one another try... will employ all of these tactics, especially the psych ops... and hopefully roll low.
  20. scottf2

Banzai charge defense

Thanks guys! Makes sense! Also, just to be sure we got this right (first time executing Banzai for both of us!)- only one unit involved in the Banzai when the charge is declared needs to have LOS to one enemy unit, and then the other units involved just need to be adjacent in a chain to that one...