Search results

1. Ahriman667

Red Factories SASL HC 17 Oct - 15 Nov 1942

Red Factories SASL Campaign Special Rules The following rules will apply throughout the campaign. SASL HC Campaign will run from 17 Oct – 15 Nov (30 days) Map Groups and Reinforcement Groups (RG) are kept separate for the two different map groups. Will generally be played (after 23 Oct 1942...
  2. Ahriman667

Royal Canadian Regiment in Italy - 1943

Ahriman667 submitted a new resource: Royal Canadian Regiment in Italy - 1943 - SASL historical campaign involving the RCR from Pachino to Ortona in the last half of 1943 Read more about this resource...
  3. Ahriman667

194th IR 71 ID HSASL Campaign - May 40 - May 45

Ahriman667 submitted a new resource: 194th IR 71 ID HSASL Campaign - May 40 - May 45 - SASL historical campaign of a German rifle coy throughout the war Read more about this resource...
  4. Ahriman667

Solitaire ASL YouTube Guides

Howdy folks. I figure it's time to start producing an in-depth series on SASL on my YouTube channel. I'm looking for ideas on how to break up the chapter, but my intent is to cover all of it.
  5. Ahriman667

Wadi track no bridge

Playing ASL #36 Rachi Ridge, and an SSR specifies that no bridges over wadis exist but the tracks in those hexes do. How does this play out in terms of cover, and MF? We have been paying 1MF to enter the track/wadi hex, and 2MF to leave because of the move to a higher location. Is this correct...
  6. Ahriman667

Building Control question J1 Urban Guerillas

Question for the experts re Building Control and building 23DD2. Last Turn (Turn 7) and the Russians surround the broken 348 in 23DD2 during their MPh. The unit survives AFPh and routs upstairs. RU units advance into ground floor DD2, 1st floor DD1. Since the Germans started with control of...
  7. Ahriman667

ASL135 Acts of Defiance Video Playthrough

I have a video up on my YouTube channel, of our replay of Acts of Defiance. Part 2 should be up later today. This video covers the first turn.
  8. Ahriman667

Any word on shipping for DZ St. Mere-Eglise

Wondering about the shipping status. or did I miss the news??
  9. Ahriman667

SASL VotG CG IV - Take 2

Hey guys. Going to give this another go because I had such a blast last time, though it likely included several major mistakes. Hopefully, I've learned since then. Here is the link to the YouTube playlist. I'll update the campaign here when I finish each scenario but will be releasing videos on...
  10. Ahriman667

Battle for France - French Courage

George. Regarding the German OoB and the comment that they are setup concealed on Board 71, AND are allotted dr+3 ? counters. Does that mean dr+3 as Dummies, plus all units get concealment? Or can I only use the dr+3 ? to place on German units or use as dummies?
  11. Ahriman667

Surrender to Adjacent squad with Berzerk unit in hex

Had this happen yesterday and not sure what the outcome should be. A berserk 437 French MMC enters a building hex with a 228 manning a 37L AT gun. Next, a French HS and a Squad move adjacent to either side of the house. In the AFPh, the berserk unit breaks the 228. In the ensuing RPh, the 228...
  12. Ahriman667

Comparing two counter clippers from Oregon Laminations

Hey there guys. I've joined the ranks of those that use counter clippers (only been a few decades :p ) and did an unboxing video on my channel that compares the 2.5mm heavy-duty vs the (more expensive) 2.5mm plastic cutter from Oregon Lamination. Don't know what I would do without my clipper...
  13. Ahriman667

Early Birthday Present for me

Large package arrived from MMP the other day, including Yanks 2nd Ed, FKaC, CdG, plus the pocket rule books (out being coil bound as I speak). Enough to keep my new Oregon counter-clipper busy for a bit. I have several unboxing videos of these items on my YouTube channel...
  14. Ahriman667

Base level smoke in a burning wreck location

Re B25.2, maybe I'm dense, I wanted to confirm that a ground level burning wreck has no smoke at the ground level, but that the smoke starts at level 1. Meaning LOS into the ground level location only has the wreck hinderance DRM. The sentance that says "above the level of the fire" would...
  15. Ahriman667

Night time DM status and Rally/Self-Rally

Reading Chapter E 1.54 Does this mean that: A) all broken units retain DM status and are a constant +4 DRM to their Rally/Self-Rally attempt until they finally rally? or, B) all broken units retain DM status, but they do not suffer the +4 DRM penalty? the last part of the highllighted...
  16. Ahriman667

PANIC Result for a GUN...omission or not?

Howdy guys. Came across this in my playthrough of CG IV VotG, where a Russian 228 and a 45L AT gun PANIC during the Russian PFPh. There are two locations adjacent with GE troops, and I'm unsure how to play this. According to S6.2112 infantry must use FPF, the other option is an armed vehicle...
  17. Ahriman667

SASL VotG CG IV AAR

Hey there guys. I'm going to give CG IV another whirl (take 3) and stream it live on Twitch (https://twitch.tv/ahriman667) starting tonight (30 Jan 2022). I'll also be uploading YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhIK8u_Tplnl1FDLYJM_yw) videos on the long series and will post here as...
  18. Ahriman667

SASL HC Barbarossa Mission #9 (Winnable?)

Howdy fellow ASL'ers. Re Mission #9 of Hans Mielants Barbarossa campaign, and the three artillery strikes he gives the RU in lieu of 1/2 of the Advance attitude S? counters. Is this SASL HC version of the mission winnable? I contend that it is not, because of the VP Schedule below... With...
  19. Ahriman667

SASLHC Barbarossa Campaign on YouTube

Hi all. Taken a long break and I'm ready for more SASL. I started playing games on Twitch recently and I've been thinking lately of broadcasting a campaign playthrough of HSASL Barbarossa by Hans Mielants on my channel as a regular feature. Just wanted to get a feel of how many people might...
  20. Ahriman667

Nothing to see here

Nevermind