Search results

1. Ahriman667

Blood Reef: Tarawa SASL Update

Very nice. Thank you for this.
  2. Ahriman667

Red Factories SASL HC 17 Oct - 15 Nov 1942

SitRep #005 - 21 Oct 1942 GE CVP: 146 (Russian Losses) RU CVP: 45 (German Losses) Stone Locations (GE): 90 (out of 570) Russian attacks occurred across the frontlines, however only in the east were they able to penetrate through our defences. Once their attack stalled out, the German...
  3. Ahriman667

21 Oct Mission Orders Situation Despite significant gains and destruction of enemy units, Intelligence says that the Soviets are preparing for an assault, which must be contained by all German units. The strength of the attack is undetermined at this time. Mission Once the Soviet assault has...
  4. Ahriman667

SitRep #004 - 19 Oct 1942 GE CVP: 95 (Russian losses) RU CVP: 70 (German losses) Stone Locations (GE): 67 (out of 570) In a long day that saw significant gains in some areas, severe losses were incurred, accounting for seven leaders and two kompanies' worth of men for a 33% casualty rate; in...
  5. Ahriman667

Infantry IFT attacks

The default should be within the maximum range if it meets the Fire Command. E.g. DR 4 means closest PRC, which could be the max range if it is the 'closest' etc. Same with DR 11, the closest could be 2 hexes or 8+ hexes away and as long as it meets the Fire Command parameters it should be ok.
  6. Ahriman667

SASLHC Barbarossa Campaign on YouTube

Mission #12 - Cautious Advance CVGP: +7 The RePh was very kind to me, my Heroic 9-2 BH to a 10-2; both of my other leaders were promoted as well so I now have a 10-3 and another 9-2 to round off my leaders. I also was able to replace 2 MMC out of the 2.5 I had lost previously, so am only a HS...
  7. Ahriman667

Mission #11 - SitRep An overwhelming victory, despite 23% casualties, for the SS. 81 CVP for the Germans, and 28 CVP (each unactivated S? is worth 2 CVP) for the Soviets. I was worried that there would be too many unactivated S? counters, but luckily the Village Board +1 DRM meant many of them...
  8. Ahriman667

19 Oct Mission Order Following the unexpected Soviet counter-attack on 18 Oct, a restructuring of the 398th ID will take place to push further into the factory district. Two Storm Kompanies will be assigned to the 545 IR, which will strike into the Soviet lines as they try and recover from...
  9. Ahriman667

SitRep #003 - 18 Oct 1942 GE CVP: 90 RU CVP: 26 Stone Locations (GE): 31(out of 539) Despite attempting an Idle Day for the Germans, the Soviets had other plans, conducting a full-scale, day-time, counter-attack on the ill-prepared Germans. A total of 105 assaulting S? generated 102 units from...
  10. Ahriman667

Sitrep #002 - 17 Oct 1942 Finished the first day of action on the Big One. Perimeter below. First Day Activation/Losses Almost at the 2:1 ratio, but I have to do better. Of course with SASL, the ENEMY always respawns with plenty of units, so I am probably reaching if I can expect to maintain...
  11. Ahriman667

Random.org for all your VASL RNG dice rolls 🤣🤣
  12. Ahriman667

SASL Campaign - KRIM 1941-1942

Hi Mark. I noticed that the 7.0 Mission table in your Krim SASLHC says Moist for the first mission, but the 8.0 Mission descriptions says Moderate. Can you confirm which is the correct EC. Cheers.
  13. Ahriman667

Solitaire ASL YouTube Guides

Thank you all for the kind words.
  14. Ahriman667

Mission #11 - Pockets CVGP: +6 Continuing after a successful repelling of the Soviet Human Wave (Mission #10) I carry on with the SS-Division 'Wiking' as they try and clear them out of the the town of Kamenka, Ukraine. For this mission, there are 80 Black S?, so it should have been 26 Turns...
  15. Ahriman667

Mission #10 - Human Wave CVGP: +5 Been a couple of years, but I'm gonna get back into this SASL HC (in addition to my SASL HC Krim, and Red Factories SASL CG :) ), and start posting them to my YouTube channel. This mission follows directly on the heels of Mission 9, the Bridgehead, using the...
  16. Ahriman667

Gliders! Defensive Final Fire help needed....

I agree that before landing they are subject to the fate of the glider, and I also agree that before the AFPh they have no morale, etc. I've played it the same as you are saying. It just mention of that Annual article by Curt Shilling, which led me to read it for the first time. He clearly...
  17. Ahriman667

Gliders! Defensive Final Fire help needed....

I do not have the DFTB article, but do have the Ann96, so I think I'll have to agree with Curt. Not to quibble over the point, but the 8.21 Defensive First Fire quoted above only applies while in the air and is by Light-AA. For 8.3 Final Fire in the DFPh, the Glider is treated as a stopped...
  18. Ahriman667

Leaflet House Rules (LHR) were designed I think to balance the game more in f-t-f, since gamewise, the Germans have to keep up a constant attack rate of 2:1 Russians:Germans to whittle away the defence. If the Germans ever paused, as happened in reality, the Russians just picked up more...
  19. Ahriman667

SitRep #001 Only played 1.5 turns so far, and I have already generated 6 fortified building locations, which are seriously slowing me down OB 80+ Mtr OBA drew two reds consecutively for Battery Access...good thing I'm using the Pleva rule, though I should probably not have tried for access a...
  20. Ahriman667

Red Factories SASL Campaign Special Rules The following rules will apply throughout the campaign. SASL HC Campaign will run from 17 Oct – 15 Nov (30 days) Map Groups and Reinforcement Groups (RG) are kept separate for the two different map groups. Will generally be played (after 23 Oct 1942...