Search results

1. KhandidGamera

Automatic Map Mechanism to get scenarios prepped

Just updated to VASL 6.6.6 & VASSAL 3.6.14. Installed VASSAL, opened VASL, tried to select maps for a scenario off-line, says can't find maps. All while being on the internet with PC. What am I missing and how is this system supposed to work? Where is the instruction at VASL.org on how this...
  2. KhandidGamera

Modern 105mm Portee vs. towed.

Just came across this in my YT feed. The Portee is called Hawkeye. I think it qualifies as QSU. Side-by-side with HMMV towed. I'd give either of the guns at least ROF 2 if not 3. Don't know if Hawkeye fielded. Hawkeye vs Towed timed.
  3. KhandidGamera

Narvik film on Netflix

Just finished watching this, pretty good. Real Norwegians, French, Poles, Germans. I'm partial because one actor each from Beforeigners and Okkupert are in it.
  4. KhandidGamera

My guess is that this is a 2-3-8 Fanatic Sapper HS

I'm a heretic though - ham and pineapple is my favorite type.
  5. KhandidGamera

VASSL/VASL double-imaging on higher-end gaming computer

No problems on laptop, but do have problems with 3.5.8/6.6.2 double-imaging with my higher-end gaming computer even with all the game acceleration software disabled. Behavior occurs especially when right-clicking on units, but sometimes just clicking on map. Noticed under...
  6. KhandidGamera

The Forgotten Battle - Dutch film now on Netflix

Just finished watching this, not bad, covering the Walcheren Causeway battle at the end. There's a good glider sequence at the beginning. A lot of it encompasses different sides of the Dutch experience under occupation near the end near liberation. Came onto Netflix yesterday. WW2TV did an...
  7. KhandidGamera

The Red God of War? Soviet Artillery in WWII and other.

This is probably the best, most important video or media of any kind I've come across in the last year. I took notes. Its a class. The Red God of War? Soviet Artillery in WWII Its reinforcing my impression that lawyers may make for some of the most formidable historians or analysts of history...
  8. KhandidGamera

Airborne Week on WW2TV

Expect many/most know about YouTube channel WW2TV, but if not well worth a look. Scenario designer heaven. Many of the shows are a multi-cam terrain walk of battles combined with a "zoom call" where the Paul Woodadge the channel runner talks to an author while his cam-team walks the ground...
  9. KhandidGamera

VASSAL 3.5.5/VASL 6.6.2 Problem - BFP5.0 extension not working

Just reinstalled, followed instructions, ect. Opening up the module and looking thru unit OBs the Korea stuff is there, but none of the LCP or the BFP seems to be there: no Poles, new leader types, no Special Forces. Is this a known problem?
  10. KhandidGamera

Étagère blindée mobile

Needed more book shelf space for enhancing my hopeless case of permanent book deficit, but wanted something like a library book cart to be able to move it around. Some searching and Amazoning later . . . Soon realized the game-tournament applications. Thread title in French is much more...
  11. KhandidGamera

80 years since Barbarossa today (77 years since Bagration).

Surprised someone else hadn't posted this yet. Back then it fell on a Sunday - like Pearl Harbor in the same year.
  12. KhandidGamera

Pillboxes and LARGE gun setup.

Rules say one gun, nothing prohibiting large gun such as 88L from setting up in, unlike building. Can't be moved in during play, but can setup in. Am I missing something?
  13. KhandidGamera

Finland in World War II

Looking for something else in the The Atlantic and ran across this from 2013. Some very good equipment pics included. Finland in World War II Some of these what make great scenario sheet pics.
  14. KhandidGamera

A23 Contest in the Clouds setup

Curious if anyone has done this in VASL and how they went about it. I can accept no snow colors on the desert portion - Board 25 and the Escarpment. Found it surprising there's no real answer in this forum on how to place the Escarpment without using the new draggable overlay method, but ran...
  15. KhandidGamera

Nicht Unser Großvater Gerhardt's Kampfwagenkanone 50mm . . .

Development in tanks guns from ASL times to now is obvious, but behold the 50mm XM913 chain gun: 50mm XM913 chain gun Capable of hitting targets at 4000m, or 100 hexes, think that qualifies as a 50LLL. Has the same ROF as other chain guns so about 200 rounds/min, I'd give it a ROF of 3...
  16. KhandidGamera

April 9th film

Just watched this yesterday - its on Amazon Prime. Covers a Danish bicycle platoon working with a motorcycle unit during Denmark's short fight when it was invaded. For the early war people this is for you - Pzr I's and II's, Sdkfz 221 and 222, Bofors 37mm AT guns and 20mm anti-tank motorcycles...
  17. KhandidGamera

They Shall Not Grow Old

Not WW2 or ASL related, but worth mentioning and certainly to be appreciated by folks here. Went and saw this last night with my brother-in-law. Very good. Its also worth staying after the credits also to see and hear how Peter Jackson made his editorial decisions on what to put in the...
  18. KhandidGamera

BBC Future article on first modern tank the FT: It's been 100 years.

Just browsing BBC this am and found this: http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180531-the-wwi-tank-that-helped-change-warfare-forever Nice hi-def video, gives a good up-close feel for its speed and sound - like the engine is just on the verge of quitting all the while it was running. Good view of...
  19. KhandidGamera

The King's Choice

This has been out of few years, but it just came to Amazon Prime in the last month to my knowledge. Watched it last night and thought it lived up to its reputation as being very good. The Blücher sinking was pretty well done. Wish there'd be more naval historical films done like this using...
  20. KhandidGamera

LCP boards and LOS thread function.

Have latest vasl loaded. Just put LCP asl-for-fun boards in and noticed the Los check doesn't seem to work. Guessing has to do with map format. Interested to know if others have found this also. Separately, 3 big cheers for the new overlay approach, very nice just to be able to see what they...