Search results

1. KhandidGamera

Was the 30th Infantry Division the best American division of WW2?

One of my take aways from 'Brothers was how perishable "best" status can be when you lose/shift key leaders, ect. It's a moving target. The immediate question about best unit is when?
  2. KhandidGamera

Automatic Map Mechanism to get scenarios prepped

It works now, it seems. If I have problems more, I will put VASSAL in C:\Program Files and VASL in the C user directory - which includes the documents folder, as I stated. I quite thoroughly understood not to put VASL in C:\Prrogram Files - the whole point about Windows 10. I quite thoroughly...
  3. KhandidGamera

Based on how my computer was arranged when built, I have kept most stuff that's game off of C of what I can, since it's a smaller drive. Some of my games use C for a portion of their function and I don't mess with that, based on their complexity: Stellaris makes primary use of a Documents folder...
  4. KhandidGamera

Got it working now, putting everything on my S drive separated per above: a folder for VASSAL and one for VASL right next to each other in a general games folder for the drive. Loaded scenario and got no boards, set boards directory path, then reloaded tried again, picked boards and they...
  5. KhandidGamera

I'm going to try my last post first and see what happens. VASSAL seems really slow to down load right now.
  6. KhandidGamera

I have VASSAL on my C drive and VASL on another drive for games. I do this method for Steam: Steam on C games on other drive. I'm thinking now to try and load VASSAL & VASL to my games drive and see if that cracks the problem.
  7. KhandidGamera

Thanks for the pompous arrogance and condescension. Have a nice day.
  8. KhandidGamera

After I play my current scenario will try that. What I take from this by experience is auto-updating the maps to your directory only works if you are running the latest both for VASL and VASSAL. My experience has always been to have to manually load in maps, the auto-update of maps has never...
  9. KhandidGamera

Just updated to VASL 6.6.6 & VASSAL 3.6.14. Installed VASSAL, opened VASL, tried to select maps for a scenario off-line, says can't find maps. All while being on the internet with PC. What am I missing and how is this system supposed to work? Where is the instruction at VASL.org on how this...
  10. KhandidGamera

Attempting to Identify Counter

From spokes modelling LFT to counter form within 2 decades.
  11. KhandidGamera

Modern 105mm Portee vs. towed.

Just came across this in my YT feed. The Portee is called Hawkeye. I think it qualifies as QSU. Side-by-side with HMMV towed. I'd give either of the guns at least ROF 2 if not 3. Don't know if Hawkeye fielded. Hawkeye vs Towed timed.
  12. KhandidGamera

Live VASL, Discord, Saturday Nights MST, Experienced Player

What is the current best discord server address for VASL? Need to look for opponents.
  13. KhandidGamera

WW2TV - Hedgerows - the Normandy Bocage

Lots of good stuff on WW2TV, especially th terrain walks of N. Battlefields. I could see an overlay, rules scenario pack from this vid.
  14. KhandidGamera

Fair Warning

3 sire . . .
  15. KhandidGamera

Contested Lands (1948 Arab Israeli) module

How many levels needed to represent Orthanc and how many turns for personnel to reach the top level? for example. RF meets Manila meets Minas Tirith . . .
  16. KhandidGamera

Narvik film on Netflix

Just finished watching this, pretty good. Real Norwegians, French, Poles, Germans. I'm partial because one actor each from Beforeigners and Okkupert are in it.
  17. KhandidGamera

Podcasts and YouTube for history

AND: Octane in Fuel, Manifold Pressure, Intercoolers, Fuel additives, and Constant Speed-Variable Pitch propellers. Yeah this guy really knows the subject - he's a pilot that started out as a flight engineer AND works on high performance cars. Learned a lot on this channel. Airplane performance...
  18. KhandidGamera

Podcasts and YouTube for history

Also, not WW2: If you really want long form, deep dive, overview history, nothing beats Apostolic Majesty: average lecture/video is about 1.5 to 3 hours long - probably got the better part of a BA worth of history out of the series Nations of Charlemagne and Orthodoxy, Autocracy, and Nationalism...
  19. KhandidGamera

HoB still in business?

This is good news.
  20. KhandidGamera

The Forgotten Battle - Dutch film now on Netflix

Can't think a better depiction of early war. Pretty accurate German armor. And what other movie depicts the Nimrod ATR motorcycle rig. Confess I'm a sucker for most Nordic made films and shows also, especially Nordic Noir.