Search results

1. D

Dennis boys trip to Manila #2 (Let's try SF CG3)

So after a long hiatus, we have finally begun playing the fourth scenario. After the idle day, we both selected an Attack chit. Unfortunately, the Japanese not only had to setup first, but they also moved first. This is the situation after the American turn 2. He has brought down two OBAs' in...
  2. D

After the "spirited discussion" in the other thread, we are continuing this CG. We have created an idle day for the third scenario. So moving on to the 4th scenario and what will probably be a TON of squads on the board (especially for the Japanese.) The American recovers his ELR to a 4...
  3. D

Manila questions

The concern was in regards to the American entry in phase Two. ".....to enter along the south/east edge of map section 5 on/between 2I85 and 2W52. The addition "of map section 5" in the American entry instructions was what was troubling me. Since map section 5 ends at 2W56. Any entry on the...
  4. D

Manila questions

Ok.
  5. D

Manila questions

Thanks, I greatly appreciate the answer of "go look for it." I was able to find the answer to the gun moving stuff eventually (so #1 and #2 are taken care of, although since this is where the answers seem to be being all collected, I'd think the answers should be here or in the official...
  6. D

Manila questions

Cross posting here, since my post in the Manila Errata thread got no responses so far, figured maybe this thread is more appropriate. As me and my brother approach the end of Phase 1 of CG III, I've got a few questions: 1. Do you get to roll for No Move Guns on Map Section 6 per CGIII.2...
  7. D

Official Manila errata, aka The Manila Envelope

Questions removed.
  8. D

We have reached the end of the 2nd scenario, it went 6 turns. Steve was able to get a small foothold in the Medical Pharmacy School capturing 2 of the mined hexes (3R78 and 3P78) in the building. He attempted to clear both hexes of mines in the re-fit phase and was successful in 3P78. However...
  9. D

We are into Japanese Turn 4 now. No photos this time, but casualties are below. Japanese Casualties are as follow: 1x 8-0, 1x 81*MTR and 9.5 squad equivalents. For a total of 22 CVP. Most of the Japanese casualties in the last turn have actually been in CC. The FP advantage in CC has...
  10. D

We got another turn in on Monday. The Americans have gotten a wedge into the 4D73 block, but at the cost of one of the M3 halftracks that died to a T-H-H in 4F71. A 9-2 led 24FP stack also appeared for the Americans in the Science Building. The Japanese response was to essentially abandon the...
  11. D

We started the 2nd scenario Monday night. Got through one full turn. The Americans bring on some M5 tanks, some loaded halftracks and at least two companies. No OBA yet, so maybe three companies coming on based on the CPP he got (we are trying a new thing; sharing a single roll for CPP, for...
  12. D

Your comments mirror our discussions about CGIII pretty closely, we were wondering if some sort of cap on the American Weapons loss may be in order. Steve lost 2x .50 cals, 2x FT's and 3x DC's. out of 13 rolls. The one hope I think that the Americans do have is if you do the math on the VP...
  13. D

Mines, buildings, and trailbreaks

Great answer, says Steves opponent in Manila.
  14. D

Yeah, we had a lengthy discussion about the length of opening scenarios in CG's. Each opening CG scenario usually has a specific scenario victory condition that is different than all other scenarios in the CG. If the initial day ends early there is usually almost no chance for the attacker to...
  15. D

We got through another turn and yet again I can't roll to end the scenario. So on to a turn 7 we go. Casualties now sit at 15 squads for the Japanese (+3 ldrs) and 10 squads for the American plus a M3 light tank got recalled and will be leaving the game now. I have a single 1/2 squad...
  16. D

Casualties as we enter turn 6 are 12.5 squad/equiv. Japanese to go with 3 leaders (only a single-1 leader among them though.) The Americans have lost 8 squad/equiv. Mostly elite Americans (including a full engineer squad) and mostly 2nd line Japanese count among the dead. Biggest amount of...
  17. D

My positive considerations about slow playing

My take on this is that if I'm playing at my home or my opponents, I could care less how slow you play. It is for fun at that point and small talk, drinking wine (or whatever other beverage you choose) and moving cardboard around the board is a leisurely exercise meant to decompress from my day...
  18. D

I'm trying very hard to calmly and maturely pass this PMC. During the last five play sessions dating through this entire CG and the CGII we abandoned, my dice are about the worst I have ever encountered, during the many years I've been playing this game. What makes this particularly bad is...
  19. D

Only the mines in open ground, shellhole or palm/coconut stumps have to be set up on board. Most of my mines have been in building locations, debris or woods.
  20. D

Yeah my dice are continuing to be outright rotten. Steve even failed to mention me 12'ing the field phone on the second contact for my OBA (at least its retained.) He was in and out of three or four bore-sighted hexes and I have a wounded 8-0 and a 1/2 squad dead to show for it. If this...