Search results

1. G

Any players around Nelson, BC??

The closest pin I saw is a 4 hour drive in Kelowna, are we looking at the same map?
  2. G

Any players around Nelson, BC??

Long shot I know but I just moved here and thought i’d ask.
  3. G

Vasl pbem wanted

Opponents found. Thanks
  4. G

Vasl pbem wanted

Hi all, Looking for 1 or 2 pbem games. Can send a log every day or other day. Will play mostly anything except DTO and anything with too many vehicles. PM me if interested.
  5. G

Infantry Bypass Freeze - hmmm...

A few here have stated that if an infantry bypasses a concealed unit, that concealed unit has the option of bouncing back the bypassing unit much as when “bumping”. I do not see where this is allowed in the rules. In my opinion once the moving infantry uses bypass, it cannot be bumped and will...
  6. G

A8.4 (Squad and SW def fire possibilities)

Yes. No. ....Perry MMP
  7. G

SFF vs Final Fire

Klas is correct, Perry revised his answer to: Yes, no. will add this to the Q&A section but will post the revised answer only to (hopefully) avoid confusion
  8. G

SFF vs Final Fire

This one had been bothering me for a while and potentially occurs frequently, so I sent an email to mmp. During the defensive fire phase, a squad&mmg want to make fire attacks. The squad (only) is marked with a def first fire counter.The wording of the rule A8.4 does not make clear the process...
  9. G

SFF vs Final Fire

I think i agree with you, especially when it comes to units that have no fire counters at start of phase. Playing it otherwise would lead to some Inconsistencies as you have pointed out. But to be consistent, you’d have to apply that rule to units/weapons that are already marked with a first...
  10. G

SFF vs Final Fire

I must say i have had a problem with A8.4 and am still not sure on how to play it correctly. For one, I am not totally convinced that situation B is illegal (although 8.4 seems to go that way). If it is illegal, then it seems that one could argue that a squad and mg can never fire at different...
  11. G

B13.31

13.31 A moving unit in a combination woods-road hex is not eligible for the +1 woods TEM during Defensive First Fire (and is subject to FFMO/Interdiction) if the LOS does not cross a green woods symbol and the moving unit entered the hex at the road movement rate regardless of the relative...
  12. G

RB example wrong?

I think the last sentence of O11.6056 is what you are looking for. The pocket is part of the russian perimeter > that hex is within both russian and german perimter > it is an isolated area as per o11.6051
  13. G

Grant Gun TK#

In the TK table one of the 75 caliber values is coloured green and is supposed to be used for the Grant gun. What is this grant gun? I quickly browsed the chapter H notes for Americans and British but i cant find a reference to it. I feel like its probably in there but i just cant find it.
  14. G

Rout questions

A squad and a broken leader are in the same location.The leader is eliminated for failure to rout. A) Does squad have to take a LLMC after leader elimination? B) If squad fails LLMC, is he eliminated for failure to rout as well? Thanks
  15. G

Leader, FT and leader direction

Can a leader both use a FT and direct fire in the same fire phase? My opinion is no. As soon as he does one or the other he is marked with the appropriate fire counter and then cannot accomplish the other. Any different opinions?
  16. G

Removing (a bit of) luck from ASL

Seems like a set of infinitely programmable dice is superior to your wooden ones. How can one look at the probability table of rolling two dice and come to the conclusion that this is the best distribution possible and that it should be used without altering it or making it variable. Of course...
  17. G

Removing (a bit of) luck from ASL

Imagine outcomes of an event being located on a scale of 0 to 10 0 is totally predicatable, 10 is totally unpredictable Playing chess would be a 0 on this scale, every move a player wants to make is exactly what happens, rolling two dice would be a 10 on this scale, the outcome is totally...
  18. G

Residual on VTT TH/TK?

How about a MG declaring a firelane and firing as ordanance? Is the firelane placed even if the vehicle is not hit? I remember reading somewhere that it is, but cannot provide any quotes.
  19. G

Fire mission cancellation

An observer is killed while he has a FFE:2 counter on the board. Will the fire mission be cancelled in his next PFPh/DFPh or resolved normally? C1.22 is not clear enough in my opinion. Is this a “Voluntary loss of contact”? Answer would seem to be no, on other hand, it is clearly a failure to...
  20. G

Is a hex adjacent to itself?

At first I thought it was dumb to argue that a hex could be adjacent to itself. But then I was driven beside myself by the stupidty of some of the arguments presented in this thread. Then I realized I was both in only one location and yet adjacent to myself.