Search results

1. P

Send a woman to the South Pole

Hi everyone! One of my fellow country women needs your help!! Please check this out and feel free to donate to help Stephanie make her dream of going to the Antartic come true. http://www.commonwealthexpedition.com/?page_id=513 Hey, if you are used to 40 degree celsius weather and you...
  2. P

Jutland MP June 14: En Passant

Maybe the RN should learn to keep its distance and exploit its greater firing range :cool:
  3. P

Sunday game. Jutland.

No chart/map but a rough description: The BCF and scouting group meet. The scouting group first closes the gap and then turns south to link up with the HSF. The HSF deploys to the north east to form a line with the scouting group to its east. The BCF is split between the 5BS and BCF also...
  4. P

Sunday game. Jutland.

Yes! That sounds like a draw :-) I never knew about King George. Shame about Valliant though. Thanks RGreat.
  5. P

The demise of the Pacific Squadron - a drama in three acts

I still have 5 battleships and 5 good armoured cruisers. We'll see what happens.
  6. P

The demise of the Pacific Squadron - a drama in three acts

It had all started a week or so earlier. After a last desperate push by the Imperial troops, finally some of Port Arthur's surrounding hills had fallen to The Emperor. It had enabled the army's heavy guns to start their bombardment of the Port Arthur harbour. With its safe haven in danger, the...
  7. P

Stormy Tuesday MP

You cheated! How dare you have better shells and ships!! Totally ungentlemenlike!
  8. P

EOI and KA - Another Win

As to your question why a salvo hits and the next one misses I have a suspicion. 1) the role and pitch of the ship. Despite the fact that these ships are large and chunky, they do role. So, getting your firing moment slightly off may cause the salvo to be slightly off 2) the shock wave from...
  9. P

Fall of Port Arthur, breakout of Russian Squadron

There is a build in screen shot taker. I forgot the key combination, but it is in the manual. Don't forget to rename the file in Wndows Explorer before you take the next picture.
  10. P

Fall of Port Arthur, breakout of Russian Squadron

Ports like Port Arthur and Vladivostok have a marked area with a big anker in it. If you put your ship in that area it will be salvaged.
  11. P

Ulung

One question: if you stay so low, how do you reassign ships and form new divisions? I find that that is easiest from high above.
  12. P

View from the Bridge

I know there have been a lot of debates about options and whether they are a good thing or a bad thing. But it sounds like this is an option worth adding to the game: enable/disable 'bird's eye view'. It probably is also not so difficult to add programing wise.
  13. P

Ship Handling moment

Yep! It is very well done. And you also feel the same frustration an admiral or squadron commander would feel when he sees two captains bungle up a manoeuvre :D
  14. P

My Maiden Voyage with the Tsar's Navy

Please continue! I read your messages :)
  15. P

Ufo

Hmmm...I wonder what will show up in Jutland. The Flying Dutchman maybe?
  16. P

Ufo

Well, I am certainly no expert on these things but it looks like some obscure, Unidentifiable, Flying Object to me. :D
  17. P

Ufo

I know the story. But they're 40 years early! Unless your officer is implying that we now know what happened to them :-)
  18. P

Ufo

TBM Avengers?!? In an era when man had just barely (1 year old) mastered controled motorised flight???