Search results

1. shirlfactor

Something that's being worked on.

What software did you use to map the maps?
  2. shirlfactor

Card-driven ASL

Could the cards be used to help balance a bad roar scenario? For example say the scenario is 70-30 one side or another. Maybe the side that's most likely going to lose gets additional cards or is able to play more cards during the scenario which may even out the odds a bit making some of those...
  3. shirlfactor

2017 Scenario Design Contest

I'm in. Scenario contest are fun.
  4. shirlfactor

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

It was brutal lol
  5. shirlfactor

VASLeague 2017, general discussion

The scenario was touch and go. For a lot of the beginning I didn't think I had a chance. My brokies where rolling 12's lol. Towards turn 5 I was able to swing a Slovak squad and leader over towards the furthest Vc building. I chose vc number 1 which meant I had to take either of the farthest 2...
  6. shirlfactor

Yeah I mistyped . The immobilized afv was the crew that heroically took out the 88ll. Either way it was my fault for leaving the gun there in working order .
  7. shirlfactor

Just finished up j19 Merzenhausen zoo against @clubby . This was our second go around , I was the Germans again and was able to hold Clubby's Americans. We called it after the U.S turn 5. I was going to get my reinforcements and I still had a strong hold on the stone buildings. The keys were...
  8. shirlfactor

I can't set up my tank killers in the brush this time. I'll have to come up with a different plan...... or maybe I don't???? Lol
  9. shirlfactor

You're correct but who's counting lol
  10. shirlfactor

VASLeague 2017, general discussion

I was supposed to play against Bob Eury in OA28 Where Iron Crosses grow, Unfortunately Bob conceded the match . My Germans are ready to go when Bob has time in the future to push some cardboard.
  11. shirlfactor

Played J19 Merhausen zoo against @clubby tonight. I was the defending Germans. I setup most of my tanks forward enough to shoot but not exposed too much. Clubby couldn't get much smoke down .which made it tougher for him to advance. I had hipped the 50l at and both shreks I had in the brush on...
  12. shirlfactor

A12.14 Concealment removal

Isn't that why some people run hs into ?'s to verify there is something under it. your correct. I was trying to post too quickly and with too much to say at once lol
  13. shirlfactor

A12.14 Concealment removal

The rules are designed for a game. So knowing you have to reveal your unit to even check for los will possibly change somebody's strategy. Even if you don't have to reveal by showing the unit and just say to the opponent " the concealed 458 in hex whatever is checking los to hex whatever...
  14. shirlfactor

Just finished playing AP 32 Second Crack at Caumont on vasl against my weekly opponent @clubby . We made it through most of the Germans turn 2 before we called it. I was the Americans and my average roll was 6.13 Clubby was the Germans and his average was almost 8. When I wanted to shoot White...
  15. shirlfactor

VASL Deluxe League 2017-2018 Now Starting

Brian Roundhill and I just finished the scenario Preparing the way . Brian's Germans had less than the 51evp's needed so we called it. The keys points that happened: My russian sniper was active and took out a couple leaders, the German oba got one mission and then the radio was stuck with a...
  16. shirlfactor

Just finished up J154 Cradle to Grave against @clubby . My Germans were able to squeak out a win 16 to 15. I think both sides have options. It's a fun scenario. I'd play it again as either side.
  17. shirlfactor

Pitcavage Scenario Designers Guide on Top 25 Bestsellers List

@Jeffrey D Myers What are the names of your published scenarios? Mine was Ft156 Leonov's Hill Unfortunately it doesn't get alot of playings but hey they all can't be eye of the tigers lol
  18. shirlfactor

AFV in VBM Immobilized ...

Its easy to battle harden and get hero's when your opponents machine guns are malfunctioning haha
  19. shirlfactor

That panther will get the iron cross for his sharp shooting lol
  20. shirlfactor

@clubby it was the first guy too haha. I thought that was going to be it for me when I lost the tank but overall I think we both have gotten a few good and bad breaks so far. I like the scenario alot .