Search results

1. L

Eastern Front Docu's

cool thanks for posting these
  2. L

HQ & Order of Battle questions on EA

I know what you mean about soak-off attacks and lame artillery barrages. In this case I think my Russian opponent is trying to wear down my German infantry by trading 1 for 1 in bloody assaults that almost take a hex but fail as Panzer Tactical reserves come in. It does seem fair in the...
  3. L

I've been considering the pro/con's of activating Spain very seriously. At the moment I'm afraid it would open yet another front to the Allies for invasion, rather than permanently close off the Med. The mobile defense definitely seems the only way to go in the East-- the Russians have already...
  4. L

Thanks gentlemen, that was very helpful :). I have fortified the Italian coast, Messina, and the southern French coast. I briefly took Malta and launched a futile attempt at Gibralter, but those attacks have at least burdened my opponent with the need for extra garrison forces. Its mid...
  5. L

hey gentlemen, first of all, still loving this scenario! Thanks again to the creators and to the ongoing moderators, your efforts are much appreciated! Here are my questions: 1) Which orders of battle do Axis HQ's cover in Europe Aflame? The Germans field several order of battle-- "OOB 5"...
  6. L

Russians attack

The Soviet DOW on Germany was for me a home run. My opponent was pretty much on the defensive after that- and never took an inch of Soviet ground. He took over Egypt and the middle east but was pushed out and fought defensively in Poland till now. Unfortunately there was no "Stalingrad"...
  7. L

1939 - A smart Allied move

In my second EA game just started with Serge (i'm Axis, he's Allies) my opponent tried an interesting and smart move.. Two turns into the 1939 Blitzkrieg against Poland, Serge advanced his French troops from the Maginot line into southern Germany. My light defenses were pushed back (mainly...
  8. L

Russians attack

A Russian DOW on the Axis on the Allied player terms is a game changer. Even with the Axis reinforcements and forts other posters mentioned, the Allies get a huge advantage in avoiding the Barbarossa attack and attaining the initiative. In my game against Serge i got the Russian DOW after the...
  9. L

Wiping out Russia first

I like the idea of leaving out Italy and Afrika as well-- would be nice for the Germans to only fight a two front war, not 3 or 4! If you take out France, keep Britain at bay at least, and have no other combat except with Russia...then it might be possible to knock out the Red Army long before...
  10. L

Wiping out Russia first

thanks Raver & Mark for your suggestions. I probably can't force Serge to build the Maginot Line, but that's good to know about the timing of Russian reinforcements. Hopefully he'll build to the coast anyway and I'll get a chance for the Eastern Crusade. I do feel like North Afrika is a bit...
  11. L

Wiping out Russia first

Does anyone have any advice or success stories on defeating the Russians early on as the Axis? I am going to be playing Axis as the first time (currently in a PBEM game as the Allies) and figure that wiping out the USSR first is my best chance at victory. As the Allies i keep getting hordes...
  12. L

Supply questions

followup: Operation Overlord commenced May 1943, a surprise attack as Russians stepped up their attack near East Prussia (Sweden & Finland conquered during the winter by the Red Army). Landed about 9 infantry corps and took 5 hexes, paratroopers near Caen managed to slow down German panzer...
  13. L

March 1945

makes sense, any ETA on the newest europe flame modifications?
  14. L

March 1945

Great job to the Axis player!!! I'm impressed. I always feel like when the axis stops attacking they lose but not the case here! What are the new flanking rules? To reduce the flanking bonus or increase it? It is tricky keeping the straight lines going...
  15. L

March 1945

That makes sense Raver. I think Serge and I will play Aflame again after this current round and play the same sides rather than switch. It will probably be a much more grueling fight with the Axis not suffering the greater consequences of rookie mistakes. My rookie mistakes as the Allies were...
  16. L

March 1945

Are you seeing most games end with the Allies getting to Berlin and very few with the Axis winning? I know for Matrix's War in the Pacific the Japanese player "wins" if he loses in 1946 instead of 1945, or has so blunted the Allies early in the game that the USA gives up by 1943-44... Have...
  17. L

Supply questions

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. L

Supply questions

Wow, an attack on the USSR before the Sitzkrieg? I like the boldness tough :). I don't know what you guys think, but from every game I play and every book I read, i come to the same conclusion: the global war was decided on the Eastern Front. Saving Private Ryan & Band of Brothers are great...
  19. L

Supply questions

hey Veers, Thanks for answering my questions. As for the Suez Amphibious Landing- the Axis control Turkey, Syria & Egypt. So a landing of Russian troops would travel from Basra to the south side of the Suez Canal near the Red Sea. There is a sea supply road there but would that keep a...
  20. L

Supply questions

Hey guys, I'm a bit confused by several supply issues in the game. If anybody has any insight/advice into these please let me know :D 1) I lost Egypt as the Allies and Gibralter and am basically cut off from the Mediterranean. If i landed Russian troops in Iraq around the Suez Canal...