Search results

1. StevenMiller

Rout direction

We are playing the Dinant CG. A French unit needs to rout. Can he rout towards a known enemy unit, an 81mm mortar 17+ hexes away? His present hex is in the LOS of the mortar. The first hex towards this KEU is a woods hex which is out of the LOS of the mortar. Our question arises due to the...
  2. StevenMiller

Mortar fire from pillbox/bunker?

Can a mortar (sw or gun size) fire from a bunker or pillbox?
  3. StevenMiller

Total drm’s for crew abandoning vehicle.

In the prep fire phase a tank crew failed an immobilization TC. The crew was then fired on by a MG. In addition to the -2 hazardous movement drm does the crew also get the +1 vehicle cover drm on the IFT?
  4. StevenMiller

Are onboard mortars and OBA

Does onboard mortar fire against a foxhole or trench get the +4 TEM?
  5. StevenMiller

Assemble/dismantle SW penalties

Does assembling/dismantling a SW in the PFPh keep that unit from moving in the MPh? Could a full squad assemble/dismantle one SW in the PFPh and still use its inherent FP in the PFPh?
  6. StevenMiller

Bocage concealment during set-up

We are about to play a scenario with bocage. The US forces setup first on-board with OB given concealment counters. The Germans setup second on board with no OB given concealment counters. Is rule A12.12 unaltered by bocage concealment rules such that after all units are placed, then non-OB...
  7. StevenMiller

Perry Sez: No immediate end to Hatten CG I

Per 3.3, can CG I end at the conclusion of any scenario day that the Germans satisfy 3.51 victory conditions? Basically, is it correct that CG I does not have to go for the full five scenario days? No to both. E.g., the CG VC are at "CG end", not "immediately" or "at the end of any CG Date."...
  8. StevenMiller

Hatten in Flames CG I victory conditions

Would someone who has Hatten in Flames help settle a misunderstanding my opponent and I have regarding CG victory? Does Hatten rule 3.3 imply that CG I can end at the conclusion of any scenario day where the Germans satisfy 3.51 CG I Victory Conditions (dominate six or more victory hexes, two...
  9. StevenMiller

Musings on (COWTRA) and infused rule logic

It seems to me the safest way to handle vague situations is to be a strict constructionist with regard to the rules. If the rules don't address it, then you can't do it. One shouldn't apply what seems logical and then extrapolate a rule. Unless of course you and your opponent can agree on...
  10. StevenMiller

SPW 251/2's in Hatten in Flames

I asked some questions earlier today (in the form of a reply to John Bark's thread of two years ago) but I have another question so I thought I would just redo it with the added question... I've read the posts on the thread for the SPW251/2 and I still have some unanswered questions. NO, they...
  11. StevenMiller

surrender past a friendly tank?!

How does this situation work? Broken German units, under DM, are adjacent to US units in a foxhole. The US units also have a German tank, in motion, in their hex! The tank did not make an overrun, just ended its move over the US units. In the RtPh the aforementioned broken German units can...
  12. StevenMiller

Sighting TC for OBA observation plane

I've read the posts about this but would like a bit of confirmation. I had a successful TC, gained battery access and dropped a FFE1 which then went to a FFE2. The target units routed out of the blast area to a different building. Am I correct in assuming that if I correct the FFE2 to those...
  13. StevenMiller

CH counters help

I recently acquired CH's Parker's Crossroads. However, it has counters that do not have any explanation in the special rules for the pack or in MMP's rules. I do not want to buy any more pack(s) just to get the rules for these counters. I can pretty much figure out how they work based on what...
  14. StevenMiller

Critical Hit counter help

I need some help figuring out some rules for counters to a Critical Hit pack, specifically Parker's Crossroads. The pack does not explain anything about them and I do not want to invest in any more packs just to get the rules for them. I can asertain most of how they are used from the counter...
  15. StevenMiller

Bypass MP costs in mud, deep snow, etc.

I think I'm doing something wrong in searching for answers to rules questions. The site keeps omitting search words as too short, etc. and then what it does show me is not what I need. I'm sure in the last 20+ Years of ASL questions someone has to have asked the very same question that I'm...
  16. StevenMiller

Converting a FFE:C to a SR

I'm confused on converting a FFE:C. I have a FFE:C on board and desire to put a SR down. The FFE:C Procedures column states "go to B". In what hex do I put the SR in? Further into the SR column it states I can not convert a SR to a FFE:1 if a FFE:C is on board. When is the FFE:C removed...
  17. StevenMiller

Firing into HIP locations

I tried searching for an answer but didn't find exactly what I needed, hence this post. We were playing OA20 Revenge of the Greys and I had a HIP AA gun in an aircraft wreck which by SSR was concealment terrain. In an effort to reveal if my gun was in a wreck hex my opponent IFT fired into...
  18. StevenMiller

Firing into HIP locations

I tried searching for an answer but didn't find exactly what I needed, hence this post. We were playing OA20 Revenge of the Greys and I had a HIP AA gun in an aircraft wreck which by SSR was concealment terrain. In an effort to reveal if my gun was in a wreck hex my opponent IFT fired into...
  19. StevenMiller

Stuka variants

This may have been addressed earlier, but are there rules somewhere for the tank-busting Stuka and rocket armed aircraft?
  20. StevenMiller

To Hit case B

At the start of its movement phase a tank, in motion, changes its VCA and then stops in the same hex it started in without firing, nor did it fire in the Prep fire phase. In the advancing fire phase it fires its MA at a target. Does it only pay a case B penalty?