Search results

1. SgtStahler

Has anyone been to Monte Cassino?

We went to Italy last summer and drove through there! We didn't go up to the top of the hill, but spent some time at the Commonwealth cemetery at the base. Was amazing. Would have loved to have had time to go up the hill, but we were on a tight schedule. Got a ton of pics though...
  2. SgtStahler

Hatten in Flames - Terrain / EC Questions...

Well, I think I answered my own question on #1... E3.733 explicitly states "roads are plowed only by SSR" and since I don't see anywhere that is mentioned in the SSRs, it looks like my assumption of roads NOT plowed sounds right. Still curious about the other though.
  3. SgtStahler

Hatten in Flames - Terrain / EC Questions...

Just got my copy of Hatten in Flames and it looks super awesome! First thing I have bought in quite a while as I have not been playing much for some time. But I hope to get in a playing of HF3 with a buddy in a couple weeks and I am looking forward to that. Couple questions to clarify that I am...
  4. SgtStahler

New members introduce yourself here

NORM! (Sorry, couldnt resist...) Hiya and welcome to the forums! Hope you find the resources you are looking for, and perhaps a few that you weren't. :) Glad you could make it, enjoy! If you havent you should definitely check into VASL.. It's the next best thing to having FtF opponents...
  5. SgtStahler

All Overlays Ever...?

I used to shy away from scenarios with overlays because they seem like a pain. I am recently coming around to how a designer can subtly alter even familiar maps with a couple well placed overlays. Neat... I dont want to open that debate though. What I would like to know is what would be the...
  6. SgtStahler

Hello Mr -Wall (Scott...) ! :) Welcome! So, as it happens, I was the guy winning on your left while Sam was beating you... [Yes, thats right, all, MrB has been having mini-Tourney's in his dining room on Tuesday's... You didnt know? :] It was nice to make your acquaintance... :) [Hee hee... I...
  7. SgtStahler

Basic Tactics Links

Don't sweat it man... As much as I like to think I do my research before asking a question or making some comment here, I have stepped on some awfully big landmines since joining too. Oops. Wish I had *that* foot back... Actually your question was a fair one and you did well in the way you...
  8. SgtStahler

Hoo-ah! Welcome Squike from another new-old-bie (old-new-bie..?) Yes, it certainly is nice to see that this hobby is alive and well and even fully moved into the 21st century - What Rodney and community have done with VASL is just amazing/cool. If you have any problems or issues at all getting...
  9. SgtStahler

Hey micky_O! From another forum new-guy, welcome to the group! I have found this to be a great group of guys and have learned a lot since joining. I even met a local forum regular and have gotten together and played some FtF ASL... New friends online and off - good stuff! Most definitely...
  10. SgtStahler

Hey and welcome! As another n00b (to the forum anyway) I can assure you that you cant find a better or more friendly group of people to learn ASL from and argue with! ;) As for being young and into ASL, all I can say is, way to go! It's good to see someone under 25 who has the attention span to...
  11. SgtStahler

Fatherhood... Thanks for the encouragement! I think the jury is still out on that... Dont get me wrong, she's great, but I find myself missing my free time and time with buddies. I will be happier when she gets older and I can begin teaching her things... Like the intricacies of defensive...
  12. SgtStahler

Another n00b joins the fray... Greets all! Just wanted to leave the obligatory quick intro since I am new to the forum... Glad to find a lively place where discussion of ASL occurs daily. Maybe even find some VASL players out there willing to deal with lots of rules questions... ;) So I...