Search results

1. Aldgisl

Official HASLs & CGs in the works

Update on Rotterdam HASL "Dawn of Eagles": Work continues, map is largely done (maybe some slight fine tuning), serious playtesting is underway and rules are getting tightened up. I have the opportunity to visit Rotterdam this Feb., so I'm hoping to get some good pics. I've been in contact with...
  2. Aldgisl

Rotterdam - then and now

Thanks for reposting this, George.
  3. Aldgisl

I meant to visit here more often -- Elevated RR hexes were not an issue, and no issue on my part to change anything on the map. The area immediately around the bridgehead (north end of the Willemsbrug) is a key area with some trickly terrain. What we were trying to figure out is to how to handle...
  4. Aldgisl

No news yet, but keep tuned. MMP has a couple of big projects to finish first.
  5. Aldgisl

I made up my own Dutch marine squad for playtest purposes. This represents trained units. Essentially, they are the same as Elite, but designated marines have a base ELR of 4 (the Dutch marine anchor is a reminder of this). There were only a hundred or so veteran marines. The Rotterdam marine...
  6. Aldgisl

As it stands, but nothing written in stone (this is cardboard!), just the standard Allied Minor elite 4-5-8 for trained marines, but with a higher than average number of strong leaders. The marines just used the standard Dutch army Mannlicher rifles and carbines and LMGs, but a stack of 4-5-8s...
  7. Aldgisl

What next?

A Rotterdam 1940 HASL has been rumoured for many years, but as the designer, I can says it is real. No timeline, but I can say Charlie Kibler is doing a fantastic job on the map (a far cry from my coloured pencil and chalk creation). It is interesting to see the old city centre of Rotterdam come...