Search results

1. RollTide

Where is 'VBM Marker_v2_2.vmdx'

I have 'VBM Marker_v2_2.vmdx' but forgot how to bring it up and where I got it. Where on the web is 'VBM Marker_v2_2.vmdx'? Thanks
  2. RollTide

Can a Hero manning a MG use the MG to interdict

15.23 WEAPONS USE: A hero may use a non-MG SW as if he were a leader but applies a -1 DRM to its To Hit or IFT DR. In addition, a hero uses a MG (at full FP) or other SW normally requiring two men to fire by adding +1 to its To Hit or IFT DR as appropriate (which is negated by the heroic DRM)...
  3. RollTide

live VASL gaming

Hello. Looking for live VASL gaming w/ Discord. IM USA Eastern (-4 GMT). Weekday mornings from 6am till 11am ( 10:00 till 15:00 GMT). Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday evening from 7pm till ~10pm (23:00 to 02:00 GMT). Looking to roll some virtual dice, Hank
  4. RollTide

4.72 vs DIFFICULT TERRAIN, or akin to Minimum Move without the Pin.

A hex has one counter, a 1st line Russian squad who is not CX. Can this squad use Advance vs DIFFICULT TERRAIN in advance into a hex that would cost 5MP? I think so. Can this same lone squad advance into a hex that would cost say 9MP? Thanks
  5. RollTide

only one side has only concealed units remaining is a Melee counter placed?

I understand that after CC if both sides have known units remaining a Melee counter is placed. If both sides also have concealed units remaining, in addition to both having known units remaining, a Melee counter is placed. My question is if only one side has only concealed units remaining is...
  6. RollTide

1st MP and TCA

An AFV begins its MPh with a start/delay MP and changes his TCA. May a Defender D1F on the start MP before the TCA change?
  7. RollTide

live VASL game of Advanced Squad Leader

Looking for a live VASL game of Advanced Squad Leader. I can game WeekDays from 8am till 1pm ET ( 12:00 till 17:00 GMT ). All 5 hours would be neat but am looking for a minimum of 3 hours. If you have an open VASL table and the game times align lets game. Thats a weekday AM in Atlanta GA and...
  8. RollTide

D3.51 MAINTAINING CA

D3.51 MAINTAINING CA: Once a vehicle fires any turret-mounted weapon, any of its other turret-mounted weapons which fire within the current respective CA must pay the same CA Change penalty as the first weapon which fired. ...... Once any vehicular weapon fires, its other weapons may fire in...
  9. RollTide

How many CC RF attempts?

An enemy BU AFV expends 5MP, no OVR and 4 MP left, to enter an Orchard hex containing an unmarked friendly GO Squad. The Squad passes his PAATC.... are the below correct? a)The Squad may make one and only one CC RF vs the AFV for the 5MP's to enter the hex. Marked with a FF. b)The AFV then...
  10. RollTide

MF cost to place a DC to breach a Fortified Building?

23.9221 BREACH: A Breach may be created in a Fortified Building hexside as per 23.711.... Unfortunate that the FORTIFIED BUILDINGS refer us to the 23.711 on how to breach a Fortified Building hexside because a black bar and Fortified Building hexside are different. It seems to me from the...
  11. RollTide

A10.51 Direction: How is Wire counted

Per [A15.431] a berserker "... must take the shortest route (in MF)". And of the possible paths should one have a Wire the rule says "counting Wire as 1 MF for purposes of this calculation only". The A10.51 rout direction rule has a similar charge, "... must move to the nearest (in MF...
  12. RollTide

DFPh of FF'ed squad and unmarked MG

A British 1st line squad has an MG as a SW. During the enemey movement the squad uses First Fire and is so marked. The MMG has yet to fire. It is now the Defensive Fire Phase (no SFF in this question). There is an adjacent enemy squad. If the First Fire marked squad and his unmarked MMG...
  13. RollTide

(or by any other means if no other enemy unit is currently in the same Location)

20.551 REARMING: Escaped SMC are always Armed. One attacking Unarmed friendly unit of equal or smaller size is rearmed immediately for each armed enemy unit it eliminated/captured in CC (or by any other means if no other enemy unit is currently in the same Location), but the unarmed unit is...
  14. RollTide

SP2 Holding the Hotton Bridge USA reinforcements

I have the 2nd edition of the first Schwepunkt pack. For 'SP2 Holding the Hotton Bridge' the setup text says the USA reinforcements arrive "enter turn 1". The TRC on the scenario card has the USA star on Turn 3. I can find no clarification on this. The ASL Scenario Archive makes no mention...
  15. RollTide

May friendly dummy stacks move through friendly HIP fortifications

Europe day scenario. The Defender has HIP fortifications. May the Defenders own dummy stacks, out of all enemy LOS, move through the HIP fortifications (Wire, mines, ect) unimpeded, paying only COT and no minefield attacks by the HIP mines? Thanks.
  16. RollTide

Live VASL Weekdays

Hello. Looking to game live VASL weekdays from 10am to 3pm ET (1400 to 1900 GMT).
  17. RollTide

riders considered PRC when they load?

What is the net DRM for Infantry loading onto a tank as a rider? Say the tank has yet to move and is thus providing a +1 TEM should any small arms fire come this hex's way during his MPh. There is a -1 FFNAM drm [D6.5]. Main question is are the new riders considered PRC when they load? If PRC...
  18. RollTide

ELR & LLTC

A10.2: "... after resolution of that attack (if any) all other friendly Personnel units with a currently lower Morale Level and in the same Location ...". Im a little dense here. I understand we are using the current post resolution morale of the friendly units in the 'stack'. Im not sure...
  19. RollTide

Weekday VASL

Hello. Looking to game VASAL/Skype weekdays from 10am to 3pm ET (-4 GMT). Email : surigaostrait@gmail.com Roll Tide
  20. RollTide

table C7.34, subscripts 2,3, & 4.

Hello. Trying to understand the small text of table C7.34, subscripts 2,3, & 4. 2: Half if Long Range, +1 if CE & +2 if OT 3: +1 if CE CT or +2 if OT; -2 vs Moving Target; +1/+2 Elevation adv. (C7.22) 4: +1 if OT; double if CH I am missing something. I think Im supposed to know somehow which...