Search results

1. Steed

Berserk and Residual Firepower

This happened last night and I'm not sure if we did it right or wrong. A US half squad ( Enemy ) - R4 in pic below - assault moves one hex, suffers a MC, rolls snakes, then rolls 9 - berserk. He then charges the closest German, 3 hexes away - R1. This German unit has already been the subject...
  2. Steed

Mission 21 Beach Defense

We're playing this mission and I'm having a hard time setting up the beach overlays. We're using VASL. It's configuration B. The top board is 11 with the "11" to the right (East) The bottom board is 37 with the "37" to the right (East) So far so good. Now to add in the beach overlays...
  3. Steed

Question on Mission 12: Besieged, msr #7

The rule states : "7. Each Advance Attitude S?/Activated-unit moves toward the nearest FRIENDLY-Controlled VPO." Does this rule override the automatic actions? We assumed it did as the msr doesn't have any exceptions. But it seems strange - the Enemy ( Soviets ) had a 76L ART piece with an...
  4. Steed

Question On ENEMY Vehicle Move Command 5-6 and Known Target

OK. We're playing Tanks Attack and in the process of re-reading Stop And Go Traffic I've noticed several things we've been doing wrong concerning vehicles - not a big deal as I was expecting that. But it's got me rethinking my understanding of other rules and I want to make sure I'm getting...
  5. Steed

Mission 16 Airlanding, MSR 5

The MSR gives you 40 BPV to purchase reinforcements and the limitations of 15.1 restricting purchases to Infantry MMC only are NA for all purchases. OK understand that. My question is, can you purchase SWs by themselves? From chapter H, SWs are based upon the year and the number of squad...
  6. Steed

Activation Check Counters

Since I started playing SASL again several years ago I've wanted to make a counter that would show the different ranges for the Activation Checks - in the heat of the moment I would miss/forget one S? (or three) that should have been checked. So in the last week and half I've been learning...
  7. Steed

Map board 40, Y1-Z1-AA2-BB1 look like Elevated Roads but

We are playing a scenario on VASL with board 40. Hexes Y1-Z1-AA2-BB1 look like elevated road hexes but the LOS tool says they are level-1. Are they elevated road hexes and the LOS tool is wrong? Or are they sunken road hexes and the images on the map are wrong?
  8. Steed

CC and snake eyes.

Just want to make sure we did this right as neither of us has any extensive experience with close combat. Two Russian leaders (8-1, 8-0) are in a stone building. Three German squads ( 2 full squads and 1 half squad ) and leader ( 8-0 ) advance into the building during the advance phase...
  9. Steed

CC vs AFV

I just had my first CC vs AFV and I want to confirm I did it right. Playing SASL, I'm the Germans vs the Russians. The Russians have a KV-1 in a woods hex. As the Germans I advance into the hex a fanatic 8-0 leader, a fanatic squad, half squad. It's a woods hex so I rolled for ambush (mod...
  10. Steed

Rout or not to rout

Hello, I've had the game for a long time, played sporadically over the years and have started playing again. I'm playing SASL and this situation came up and I believe I played it correctly but want to make sure. It's the Axis turn, Rout phase. The German squad in P4 is adjacent to P3 and Q4...