Search results

1. Paul John

US 5th Armored Division

Anyone know if there are any scenarios with this division? I have not searched very definitively, but have not seen one yet. Just curious, or would be nice to know if there is a search function to do that.
  2. Paul John

When do we get lice counters?

I just finished Beevor's Stalingrad. He goes into some gruesome detail about the lice infestations everyone suffered from. Now that we have cow counters...
  3. Paul John

Riders and Hedges

I have a vague memory that riders receive no benefit from a hedge, but can't find it. Am I deluded?
  4. Paul John

Berserk Stack

My leader berserked and converted all 4 MMC in the hex with him. Per A15.43 they must all charge as a combined stack (quoted below). If they charge into a hex that puts them ADJ to 2 hexes which both have enemy units and both cost the same MFs to enter, they cannot split and enter both (given...
  5. Paul John

LOS Check and Disappearing Counters Suggestion

Hi, feel free to ignore. When we click to do LOS (awesome feature!), the counters go away, but HIP counters stay on. Would be nice (to me if they would go away too). Maybe others think the opposite. Maybe it's totally not worth your time. Tiny point, I buy lottery tickets solely for the VASL...
  6. Paul John

Capture Attempt and Leader creation

This was another fringe event that I think we got right, but curious what folks think. The situation: 2 German 247 half squads enter CC against a green British half-squad (no ambush) and declare a 2:1 capture attempt. The Brits declare a 1:2 normal attack in return vs one of the Germans. The...
  7. Paul John

FT283 VC

I think I understand but just checking. The VC say, "The Vichy win at the end of turn 2 if there is no unbroken British MMC and no Good Order Gun on/north of hexrow LFT8X". My interpretation is that any British MMC in that area is enough to deny victory, right? No GO gun is not sufficient for...
  8. Paul John

Elevation/Depression

If a MA can't fire at a unit, say in the adjacent hex, but up on 2nd level, can the BMG or CMG?
  9. Paul John

TotR Boards/Overlays?

Any estimate on when these will be up?
  10. Paul John

Platoon Leader

Anyone interested in playing through one of these old CH offerings? A: Hills of the Arakan, Brits and Japanese in Burma. C: Decision at Safi, Americans and French in Morocco. F: Arakian Rose, Brits and Japanese in Burma again. G: Cemetery Hill, NZ+Greek and German in Crete. H: Lost Sentinels...
  11. Paul John

Paddy Hindrance

Let's say a 447 just used 1 mf to run into an open ground hex that is surrounded by open ground hexes. A bit downwind, a 458 decides to shoot. The LOS goes through one in season paddy and no other hindrance. As the paddy hindrance is 0 (+1 per 2 hexes, frd), does the shot receive FFMO. I think...
  12. Paul John

Sparrow Force CPP

In the table for spending reinforcements, one of these can be bought 4x, for example A6 on J229, for a single squad each time. Can it be bought 4x in one turn? I see nothing denying this, so I assume so.
  13. Paul John

SF rules

Hi, in the journal it says that there are 4 pages of rules for this mini-module (journal 14, pg 54), but I can only find 2. I have scattered shit around so may have lost the other 2, but then these 2 seem fairly complete...although I haven't been super thorough in figuring that out. So, 2 pages...
  14. Paul John

Goofy Rout Question

Ok, so in this image, last turn the DM unit in the lower middle routed there from somewhere on the hillside (I forget exactly) wherefrom he could see the 468 on the left edge. In the SSR, brush is rout terrain, so he headed there, but couldn't make it due to LOS to the melee or running out of...
  15. Paul John

Cliff LOS

Can the 468 see the hex with the sangar?
  16. Paul John

FT287 Operation Scipio Setup

I think it is clear, but I wanted to make sure. Do the Germans set up all units (the 88 and the 2 infiltrating squads) after the Brits are finished with their setup?
  17. Paul John

Jumpy Stacks

Hello, I hope this is an easy problem. When I move a piece out of a stack, I expand the stack, select the piece and drag it away. When I drag a piece from the top of the stack, it lands far from where I release the mouse. Is there a fix. My opponent said he has no such experience, but we didn't...
  18. Paul John

Bocage and WA

I am trying to prep for SME and am confused about one aspect of WA with bocage. If a unit has WA in an otherwise empty hex (B9.323; mandatory WA), but is shot up and breaks do they lose WA and 'disappear' or does B9.323 force them to keep WA. My confusion is because B9.32 says a unit must be an...
  19. Paul John

Anyone in Sao Paulo?

I will be there from the end of January until mid-June and would love to play someone there. Tambem falo.
  20. Paul John

Manila Open Air Workshop

4.9 The rules say, "They are treated as a wooden Single Story House (B23.21) except as stated otherwise. Then, "Open Air Workshops are a Half-Level LOS Hindrance (that also applies as a DRM to Fire Lanes with 0 TEM..." As half-level hindrances only apply to same level LOS, I assume that these...