Search results

1. Paul John

Today in ASL history

I threw up at one of their shows once upon a time!
  2. Paul John

LOS Question

Yes, but in the original post it is pretty close and rather unclear. I based that on the LOS thread showing it as not blocked. Doug's example makes the point much better.
  3. Paul John

LOS Question

This is a wonky thing as the newer rulebook has given room to treat the level as one chooses. B10.1 line 9 Other terrain (e.g., grain, brush, woods, building) is at the higher level throughout the entire depiction of the terrain in question for LOS purposes (but the actual Crest Line is always...
  4. Paul John

Riders and Hedges

I have a vague memory that riders receive no benefit from a hedge, but can't find it. Am I deluded?
  5. Paul John

Can you use Canister while in VBM?

What patience!
  6. Paul John

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

N8 and I played "Hey, that ain't a Rok" over the last couple weeks. My North Koreans fairly well shredded the poor Americans. Noteworthy events included me rolling HOB 3x in one turn. The first two led to disruption which the commissar eventually cleaned up, but the third was my 9-1 going...
  7. Paul John

Rooftop Concealment Questions.

Rooftops are worse than open ground. B23.82 refers to loss of concealment even if you don't do anything. If a unit on a hill in open ground is seen by a unit moving into los and to a higher elevation, nothing happens, and concealment is retained. If a unit goes to a higher level and can now see...
  8. Paul John

Concealment optional rule

@apbills He is playing FtF, hence the challenges of fat fingers.
  9. Paul John

Concealment optional rule

I agree with Jazz. Night uses cloaking rules which require this record keeping and therefore I only play night on VASL where it isn't necessary. (VASL helps for night in other ways too.) You slowly get used to moving the pieces better, but some scenarios with high density are annoying for this...
  10. Paul John

March Madness 2024

Has Jim set a date yet?
  11. Paul John

Only IFT MCs can Pin?

That any of those MCs can lead to a pin result.
  12. Paul John

Set up an old TV for VASL.

I have done this for years, although I never thought about lying it down like that! A huge screen makes VASL much more playable although the TV interface sometimes creates some minor issues. (TVs are plentiful and super cheap around college dorms at the end of the school year.)
  13. Paul John

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Start over! That's no playtest anymore!
  14. Paul John

Control of a building with rubbled stairwell

This is a very rare situation, but the one time something like this happened to me I just conceded so we could play something worth playing and not worry about the extremes.
  15. Paul John

Critical Hit, Random Selection, Followed By a KIA

I misunderstood the first post. I thought the RS roll was to see who was hit by the 1KIA. Klas is (of course) right that the 1KIA then needs a second RS roll to see who is KIA and who is broken.
  16. Paul John

Critical Hit, Random Selection, Followed By a KIA

Yes, but I suspect it wasn't a critical hit to begin with absent a subsequent DR assuming infantry target type. You needed to roll less than half the original TH (likely 8) for the final TH and you had what looks like a +5 modifier after all was added up, so a 7 is not an automatic crit. The 1,1...
  17. Paul John

DONATIONS

From each according to their ability, to each according to their needs I guess.
  18. Paul John

Thrown DC

Good tip, but I'll just end up rubbling the building under me I bet!