Search results

1. L

Exclusion Zones

:stirthepot: I have been away from TOAW for a while and have forgotten much. Reading the forums trying to get up to speed I see no mention of the exclusion zone difference proven in this Demo. IF this is a BUG, and it is fixed, I know of one scenario issued with the game that will be broken.
  2. L

Bug or Feature ?

Create a throwaway scenario with some broken rail hexes controlled by each side. No rail repair units and no rail repair units. When you run the scenario, 1 broken rail hex will be repaired by each side, each turn.
  3. L

Rusty Nitpicken - possible error

Question on EA as it is today. I know Mark no longer supports the scenario. Veers was apparently the heir apparent, but no longer appears to be available. So who corrects the scenario when errors are spotted? :stirthepot: TOW III (C) February 2007 TOAW-3 ver. 3.1 Came out with the...
  4. L

AF interdiction units

Am attempting to modify EA 2.28, using T3, and noted this in the current testing. During a ceasefire, AF units on interdiction, pick up proficiency. Usually gaining a single point, once as many as 3 for one unit in a single turn. Other AF missions get almost no points during a ceasefire...
  5. L

For consideration

:stirthepot: Attached is a test scenario unplayable to the end. Basically trying to get some opinions on the invasion/surrender of Poland. Turn 1 Poland is mobile. Turn 2 Poland goes to garrison status. Anyhow someone invades Poland and see if the defense options will...
  6. L

1000 points, 5000 points, or 10000 points?

Points are not really important. The problem is Theater Options. Things appear consistent with all recent COW/T3 versions posted. I do not have the time to identify the corrections necessary. Just made the dumps to update Pony Tracks with the latest versions. It looked like a...
  7. L

A puzzle for nitpickers

Check out the infantry divisions in the scenarios attached. It is possible to have FEW or ZERO pieces of equipment on the first line for a unit. Formation 201 divisions can be created 2 different ways. Formation 202 divisions can only be created by one of those methods...
  8. L

OOB Import Export

Attached is a Test Scenario. Go to the force editor and EXPORT the OOB using the F4 key. Now IMPORT the same OOB into the scenario of your choice. Check 3rd Cadre in Force 2 - it did not import correctly. The same is true for 9th and 10th Cadre in Force 1. I initially...
  9. L

Version Errors T3 EA ?

Check these out. When Rumanian Axis withdraws forces, the Spanish Communist Unit is also withdrawn. RUM II Corps SP Communist Event 92 FAILS Dutch Fleet is withdrawn. -- Have not had time to track all these out Army & Color Code Polish Guerillas 94 East Poland Gp. 94...
  10. L

Is this a bug in T-3?

. Enemy Naval Units can sail into a port and capture it if undefended. Even multiple ports in the same turn. This is something not possible with COW 1.04 I do not have time to attach a demo, but should be easy enough to duplicate in a scenario of your choice. .
  11. L

A Possible Problem

The French extend the Maginot Line. Axis declares war on Soviets. BUT NOT THE EASTERN CRUSADE. ALLIED POLAND REMAINS IN PLACE. AND WILL STAY IN PLACE UNTIL THE CRUSADE...
  12. L

Scenario Dump Problem

UNFORTNATELY --- I am not in a position to follow this thru. THEN AGAIN, it may be a good thing! DO A SCREEN DUMP FOR THE LATEST EUROPE AFLAME SCENARIO Look at EVENT 4 in the dump, then the editor. T H E Y D O N O T M A T C H !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It also makes errors for...
  13. L

EC - Pony Tracks removed from the Archive

An error was found in EC-Pony Tracks. Chance of happening about 1 in 32, but it did with a particular string of decisions. I do not have the time to fix it, nor the events. A later version is without the error, but the playtests are not completed (XMAS 41) and I have had no time to examine...
  14. L

Scenario Dumps in Windows 2000

Has anyone found a way to dump your ACOW scenario when using Windows 2000? Definately a missing detail. Lou -------------------------- The TOAW is in the details
  15. L

Demo 036 Nuclear Events

Listed are two event sequences for providing Nuclear Weapons to a force on an intermittent basis. The key requirement is setting the value of the Nuclear OK event to zero. The process requires that any other event that can enter a value of zero be used first. Supply Radius works well. Then...
  16. L

DEMO 038 Urban ZOC

Playing the scenario consists only of ending each player’s turn, for turns 1-2 only. Do not move any units. Please look at the scenario in the editor and remember the ZOC for the NE and NW corners of the map. The respective ZOC will change on turn 1 of the scenario. There remains...
  17. L

Demo 035 The 32nd unit

There exits a problem with the 32nd unit in any formation that is not generally known. When the particular unit is the 32nd unit, the deployment editor cannot display that unit permitting the designer the opportunity to change the deployment details. Some solutions exist for this. Using...
  18. L

New Detail

This is not polished, has no briefing, or events with instructions. On turn 1, in the first formation of each force, disband as many units as you want, leaving at least one on the map. On turn 2, confirm the Reinforcement Queue lists the majority of those disbanded units, and note the...
  19. L

Setting unit readiness at 1%

Unit readiness levels can be set at 1% for whatever reason. Entering positive numbers less than 33 will always result in a readiness level of 33%. While the editor is on the unit, set the readiness level to -1. The editor will now report the unit readiness level as -33%. At this...
  20. L

Distance hexes can exceed 199

Use the editor to set the distance as -1, and the distance will read 255. -2 will set the distance at 254, and it goes on. May be useful, may not. Lou ___ The Toaw is is the details.