Search results

1. J

Tae Guk Gi - The Brotherhood of War

It's awsome! I'm surprised it's still in theatres. I saw it about 6 months ago and picked up the DVD a month or so ago.
  2. J

Any Medal of Honor teams out there?

Unfortunately their web page is a mess. It also appears that they charge dues. A reasonable request if they run a dedicated server, but something I will avoid. Perhaps we should form our own section fro MoH.
  3. J

Any Medal of Honor teams out there?

I'ld be interested in a team. I play the original but have the expansions. Absolutely no cheating or silly pink jumpsuite mods. My play level is more like 28 deaths to 9 kills though. :rolleyes:
  4. J

Which is a better Beer and Pretzels Game?

It's not a wargame, but when our friends get together we play Talisman.
  5. J

TaeGukGi - Go see a real movie

Yes, I saw it last week and will be seeing it again this week. It is excellent. The movie is about two brothers who are drafted (read press ganged) into serving in the South Korean Army. One brother is drafted while his family is leaving Seoul. The other goes to the train to try and retrieve him...
  6. J

TaeGukGi - Go see a real movie

Forget Alexander. Go see TaeGukGi instead. It makes Saving Private Ryan look silly. Like SPR it has a very strong emotional impact. Unlike SPR it has historical context and a good story.
  7. J

Reviewing Alexander the Great

It was absolute crap. A waste of three hours of my life (plus almost 30 minutes of commercials and previews)
  8. J

Do you agree that Combat Mission is the pc's equivalent of the board game Squad leade

No. But they are both damned fine games.
  9. J

Board Gaming Clubs

I live in Coquitlam. I wish I had the time to join you guys. I was part of a local ASL group but found that I never had the time to commit.
  10. J

Board Gaming Clubs

I belong to AHIKS. It's a PBM, and now PBEM, board wargaming group that's been going since 1965. I've belonged for about 15 years. Too bad that PBM takes so damned long to play.
  11. J

When grown up men play with toy soldiers...

Looks like a lot of fun.
  12. J

Brothers By My Side - the game

I just dropped a match request into AHIKS (an old time PBM club I've belonged to for maybe 20 years). Any tactical advice? And I have to say a big THANKS to Armchair General and Mark Walker. It's oh so nice to have a game to play by mail that I can lay on top of an end table and finish in...
  13. J

Harpoon 2002 Gold or Harpoon 3

Thank you for the input sir. I will definitely be picking up both versions. Where is that damned purolator guy?!
  14. J

Okies then, a few questions if I may. 1. Do the two versions have the same scenarios? 2. With good knowlege of the old Admirals Edition would I be able to play Harpoon 3 without reading the manual right away? Specifically, will I figure out what the interface buttons do intuitively? 3. How...
  15. J

Thanks. I've been hanging around their site drooling. God I love that game. Hopefully the new computer will arrive today.
  16. J

Ok, I used to play Harpoon for hours no, days straight. I loved it and would be happy to play the old version still. Alas, it ran on Win 3.x and not 98. Now, Harpoon runs on Windows 98 and XP. The AI has been improved and it comes with all the 200+ scenarios. So, which one should I get. I...
  17. J

Blank Counter Sheets

http://www.imperialhobbies.ca/ These guys are in Richmond BC. I usually see a few sheet in their shop. Drop them an email.
  18. J

Turn one - So I extended the Maginot Line

Well, the Fins are holding out. I am making some gains in the North. The Axis and Fin units in 3.3 seem much stronger than in 1.8. The Poles and Rumanians have joined the Axis and are giving me hell. I am pulling back to a second line in the hopes that the Axis will have supply problems...
  19. J

Worst War Movie Ending

I was annoyed at seeing the Jpz (ie - an open topped tank destroyer) being driven through a built up area. Not a very good way of using this machine.
  20. J

Turn one - So I extended the Maginot Line

That's great information thanks. I did read the full scenario briefing. I must have missed the full Maginot Line explanation. Hm... I should avoid war with Finland then so as to keep my units available for the crusade.