Search results

1. D

getting the x and y coordinates

Just a quick question: Which center point of the vehicle do I subtract from the weapon flash point? There are two possible center points in ATF. The first is the center of picture in general and squared (Ex: the base vehicle has a 150px x 150px so the center is 75px) The second is the...
  2. D

Thoughts on Carbombs

I'm working on a Fallujah scenario and want to use carbombs. My initial thought was to use them kind of like indirect fire. An enemy team would have one or two carbombs simulated as HE. They could plan a fire mission which would simulate a remote detonation. On the other hand, US forces in...
  3. D

AAR Video: Saddam's Hand is called

I've uploaded the 49 files required for DA players to review my four-day march up to Baghdad. It should work. I tested the this morning and everything checked out okay. Note: You might just want to watch turns 1-42 or 43. While I did continue to attack enemy forces beyond these turns, my main...
  4. D

Saddam's Hand is Called v1 AAR (three parts)

Part 1 Initial Plan: (Refer to Setup.gif) 3rd Infantry Division: 3 ID was the most powerful force available. I assigned it the task of seizing OBJ WASP. The division would advance with 3-7 CAV and 7 CAV out ahead. Its zone was in the west (refer to image 1), which would allow the heavy...
  5. D

pH/pK stats

Tonight while playtesting a scenario I ran into some serious problems. It took 8x M1A1 and 12x M3A2 nearly 20 minutes to destroy 9x T-72 and 1x MT-LB. More frightening, they used 208/320x M256 120mm rounds and 54/144x TOW missiles. This does not include 25mm, 7.62mm, and .50 cal ammo. Most of...
  6. D

Call Back Woes

Set-up: I have an OPFOR infantry company in dug-in positions, with "Hold Fire" selected. When BLUEFOR enters event box, OPFOR is to Cancel Hold Fire to engage targets. The Problem: I can't get the phase to end with Call Back, Call Back Count, or Call Back Snap Shot. I figure I am...
  7. D

Sand Castle 2.0 Intelligence Photo and tips

Sand Castle is a tough nut to crack. The key strategy is breaking their main line of defense using the minimum force and space required. From there you must develop a strategy to attack and clear the objective. Reconning and Breaching enemy line of defense: - Lead with scouts. While the...
  8. D

ATF: DeltaPooh's Vehicle Pack Available

This is a simple pack containing an assortment of pieces I've made over time for one reason or another over the past couple of months. You'll find the following pieces - AH-64 Chassis with Longbow Rotor - M198 155mm Towed Howitzer with M939A2 5-ton and M1084 truck (improved from those sent...
  9. D

ATF: British Vehicle Preview

First three vehicles for the British group have been completed. The FV 4030 Challenger, MCV-80 Warrior in N.T.B.F.W. configuration, FV 102 Striker British Preview 1 More vehicles are being developed. Note: NTBFW means Not To Be *ucked With, which is how someone referred to the...
  10. D

Error on Exit

I've been playtesting VA: 1.2, and have run into an annoying little problem. While the scenario takes a bit to load, everything seems to run fine. However, when I close the scenario, I get an error message from XP. I say it's just an annoyance because if I save the game before exit, I can load...
  11. D

Unit Status and call back count

I've been stumped on two scripting problems. How do you get Call Back Count and Unit Status to end a phase. Set up: Enemy force starts out in defensive holes. Should player attempt to envelop enemy force, I want them to mount up up and attack to defeat blue force. Scripting Setup...
  12. D

Warning about using clock in Scenario Builder

Problem: AI battle plans work in scenario builder, but not in the game. Cause: When testing a battle plan in the builder, I used a shortcut. I would place tagged units in the proper location to trigger events. Then start the clock in the builder. This is a bad ideal. For whatever reasons...
  13. D

Playtesting battle plans

Is there a way to playtest different battle plans in a scenario? I can run them in the scenario builder, but need to test the plans in a game.
  14. D

Hydra 70 2.75in PK?

I'm trying to determine the declassified lethality of the M151 HE rocket. My orginal theory was to use the pK stats in BCT:C. That didn't work out as planned. My next ideal was to use the pK stats for the LAW. Again, a bad ideal. I'm now considering to multiply the stats of the Mk-19 40mm AGL by...
  15. D

Non-Combatants and PK

I'm trying to add some non-combatants on the battlefield. My problem rest solely in the PK stats. They should be exposed to blue and/or red weapons. I'll set them to neutral in the scenario. One thought I had was just to set them to be killed by artillery only. However, that doesn't punish those...
  16. D

Pic Thread

I'll be using this thread to post new vehicles being added to ATF. The first image is of an CH-47D Chinook I completed today for OIF: Village Attack v1.2. Believe it or not, I was able to get both rotors to turn. Unfortunately, I forgot they don't rotate with the vehicle like turrets. So it's...
  17. D

And the map making fun continues....... not exactly

I've managed to convert two BCT maps to ATF. However, I'm running into two problems. One minor, the other quite serious. The minor bug appears to be tiling. As the image I uploaded indicated, it would appear engine forgot to add a tile. It's not a horrible issue. Just wondering if I might be...
  18. D

Combined Arms Research Library

This is an excellent site with dozens of electronic documents, many available in pdf format. It covers many aspects of combined arms warfare (what we do in ATF). Some of the documents are large. (The heaviest I've dl'ed thus far weighed almost 30mb, but well worth it. The Combined Arms...
  19. D

New Piece in works

New vehicles are being added to the database on a regular basis. I'll have to figure out how to release them. Some of the vehicles weigh alot, the CH-53 weighs in at 10mb total! In any case, here is the latest vehicle just completed, the CH-53E "Super Stallion". It is part of a Marine Set I'm...
  20. D

Importing BCT maps

I'm trying to import some of the BCT maps, but can't seem to generate the .gmp file. Can we make .gmp files out the BCT maps, or do we need to use ATF .gmp.