Search results

1. M

CMBB Quickbattle Armor Limit Rules, version 1.0beta1 (comments requested)

First let me say, Hello Pete! Long time no talk :) I don't think official armor rules are necessary in BB with standard rarity on. If you are concerned about it, then I say these three simple house rules will create the sought after balance. 1. If 1941, lets play without KVs. 2. If 1942...
  2. M

A star is born

Nice job, Pete! ;) Now, where is your "feed" so that I can kiss it? LOL I know, you will say, "ok smart ass, post something in German so I can get a laugh", right? :) ;) :) How about a game sometime, Herr General? MT
  3. M

Aki, you out there?

I will set one up, my friend! C.
  4. M

Aki, you out there?

Aki! You still out there? Were you finally seduced by the Dryads? Did you finally join the ranks of the Trolls and Hill Giants never to be seen again by mortal eyes? You owe me a drink and a game of CMBB don't forget! LOL Craig
  5. M

Tank battles in CMBB

Re: Tiger Hunting Here, here! I second the motion! Please provide a movie of this most excellent feat! Killing Tigers with T34s? My, my. I would be duly impressed :) ;) ;) ;)
  6. M

Tank battles in CMBB

I think you have to look at it in the context of the whole battle. For instance, lets take a 2000 point ME. With standard rarity in May 1943, a Tiger I plt costs 1174 points. You can purchase 4 plts(12 T34s) for that cost. If the German player wants to add some support for the Tigers in the form...
  7. M

Tank battles in CMBB

My initial feeling is to leave things as they are without worrying about rule sets so soon. I think rarity does a good job at creating balance as well as realism. Tanks finally get thier due in CMBB as opposed to the fragile tin cans modeled in CMBO. Gone are the days of elobarate moves and...
  8. M

Combat Mission 2: likes and dislikes

I agree with you, Lurker. I think the fp factors are unbalanced and not based on reality. How can a MP 40 produce the same amount of killing power as a MG? Not very likely. I also understood that the MG34 and MG42 were almost the same weapon, except the MG42 had a tripod and often came with...
  9. M

End game Bug

Well, more problems seem to be linked to German version playing US version. Just finished a game with Scipio and the end game screen had the results reversed! There definately appears to be compatability issues. Stranger and stranger...
  10. M

Craig (Major Taktik)

Yes sir! Got it and responded. Sorry for the delay in answering ;) :) I am anxious to test your Finns in the deep dark woods. I will send ASAP!!
  11. M

Factories disappoint

Well, IMO the factories are the first disappointment I have come across in CMBB. They are plain, symmetrical and too open. There are no obstructions or "walls" within the interior of the factories, only little doodads on the floors. I am reminded of several shoeboxes lined up next to each other...
  12. M

Combat Mission 2 is almost here and I have a question for the group.

LOL! I knew there had to be a reason for that, Pete! ;) I hope the new damage model gives you a better chance! :) :) :) See you on the Steppe with lot and lots of tanks! Craig
  13. M

If GIC is any good, will WFHQ support a ladder?

LOL Hmmm. Let me think about it. I may in fact take you up on the offer if GIC is worthwhile and WFHQ supports it :)
  14. M

If GIC is any good, will WFHQ support a ladder?

So, what of it? Any interest in a GIC ladder? I played hundreds of CCI/II/III when they were in vogue. I loved what they offered at the time. An improved 3D version will be nice to see. I will get GIC when it comes out. I already spent 52 bucks on CMBB (shipping included). I must say the demo...
  15. M

Armored Task Force preview available at Warfare HQ

I would loveto try ATF when it comes out. I will keep an eye out for postings here. MT
  16. M

Which do you play more?

I love that move. I own the DVD actually. The vikings were very well done as were the fight scenes and landscape visuals. Ok, send along an email when you are sorted out. Good luck with your files. It is scary when HDs go. I played the Citadel scenario already and also started the Yelna...
  17. M

Which do you play more?

Nice slogan at the bottom of your posts, Aki. 13th Warrior, yes? :)