Search results

1. Pitman

Pinned Topics

The pinned topics here need to be weeded out and reduced. Some haven't been posted to in a year or more, while at least one shouldn't have been pinned in the first place.
  2. Pitman

Bakelite (plastic) counters?

GMT is debuting a set of Bakelite counters for its popular Twilight Struggle game. Who is up for an ASL set (even a starter kit set) of plastic counters? Get on this, people! https://www.gmtgames.com/p-930-twilight-struggle-bakelite-counters.aspx
  3. Pitman

"Quality in ASL": Some Desperation Morale Spelunking

Hi, folks. I've put up a new blog article on the Desperation Morale website, one that looks at all the different things that "quality" can mean when it comes to ASL. Some of you might like it. Hope so, anyway. I'd be interested in any thought you have in the matter, either posted on the blog...
  4. Pitman

Photos of Three New Products Needed for Desperation Morale Site

Howdy, folks! The Desperation Morale ASL site needs your help. Specifically, I am looking for people who have, or who are willing to take, photographs of the following three new ASL products: Rally Point #18: The French Army: Friend and Foe Yankee ASL Nor'easter Pack II (published by Le Franc...
  5. Pitman

Desperation Morale website updated

Hi. Just a quick note to let people know that I think the Desperation Morale website update is completed, at least for now. The update consisted of behind the scenes software updates and a few development fixes that you won't even notice (hopefully), as well as a significant update of the World...
  6. Pitman

Happy New Year and Thanks for the Past 20 Years

Well, 2021 is upon us. I had assumed we would have jetpacks by now, and sexy robots who would make our moves for us without knocking over stacks. Oh, well. I hope 2021 is better for the ASL world than 2020 was. Thanks to missing Winter Offensive for work and health reasons early in the year...
  7. Pitman

Help with photos for Briazza Ridge and Brevity Assault?

Hey, guys, I could really use your help for the Desperation Morale website. I need photographs of the maps (both laid out as well as close-ups to illustrate artwork) and counters for the Briazza Ridge and Brevity Assault modules. I will give you photo credit on the site. Is there anybody...
  8. Pitman

Need ASL Starter Kit Expansion Pack #2 photos--anybody willing to help?

Feliz Navidad, everyone! I just discovered I have no photos of the ASLSK Expansion Pack #2 for my website. A great X-mas gift to me would be if some folks took a minute or three to snap some shots of the components of this fine product, so I could put them up on my Desperation Morale site...
  9. Pitman

Photo help request re 3rd Edition LFT Rat Pocket charts

See full post here: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/photos-of-3rd-edition-lft-rat-pocket-charts-help-request.159470/
  10. Pitman

Photos of 3rd Edition LFT Rat Pocket Charts? (help request)

Hi, folks. I'm hoping a couple of people might be able to take just a few minutes and lend me a hand for the Desperation Morale update I'm doing. I am updating the LFT Rat Pocket Charts entry with the new, 3rd edition (it is orange, says 3rd edition, and includes Forgotten War charts). I...
  11. Pitman

Upcoming Update for Desperation Morale site: Help Desired

I think I will be beginning soon an update of the World of ASL Compendium on the Desperation Morale website. I want to make sure I don't miss any ASL-related products, official or unofficial, that came out in 2020, so any such products you could list for me would be greatly appreciated. Also...
  12. Pitman

Nano Tape

Has anybody used Nano Tape in conjunction with ASL, like for holding boards in place (or maybe even overlays?)? It seems like it could be potentially handy.
  13. Pitman

New Desperation Morale Blog Post

I've posted some of my thoughts about the issues behind "re-opening" the ASL world in light of the pandemic here: http://www.desperationmorale.com/2020/04/19/asl-and-the-pandemic-social-responsibility-and-board-wargaming/
  14. Pitman

My New Coronavirus-Proof Gaming Attire

15. Pitman

Desperation Morale Update Update

Howdy, folks. Work continues on the never-ending Desperation Morale World of ASL Compendium Update. At least now with social distancing I have a more valid excuse to spend my weekends and days off working on a website for an obscure complicated game rather than actually engaging with other...
  16. Pitman

Pics of LFT #14?

Anybody feel like taking some nifty photos of Le Franc Tireur #14 and its components? You too could become a Desperation Morale paparazzi!
  17. Pitman

Photos of Deluxe ASL?

I've got an entry on the Desperation Morale website for Deluxe ASL, but virtually no images for it! Are there no fans of DASL who would be willing to contribute some photos of the new Deluxe ASL module and its components? Your help is needed! Thank you in advance...
  18. Pitman

Collapsible Utility Cart

Some might find this useful for moving ASL gear. Can easily fit it in a vehicle along with your gear...
  19. Pitman

Photographs needed for Wintergewitter and Siberian Onslaught

If any of you good sirs have these products and are willing to take some photos for the Desperation Morale website, I would be very appreciative!
  20. Pitman

Uncle Desperation Wants You

I could sure use some nice pics of the new Croix de Guerre by MMP for the Desperation Morale website, for those who might be willing to lend a photographic hand. I would give full photo credit on the site for any pics I used and you would thus join the panoply of heroes who have helped the ASL...