Search results

1. M

3MiF Boff vs The Purist - German View

Sounds like a good idea! :salute:
  2. M

3MiF Boff vs The Purist - German View

Argh!!! Why, oh why did drop out of this tournament??? Nice AAR, by the way, Purist. :)
  3. M

Looking for 1 Game to get me started

I sent you an email via the WHQ forums with my contact info.
  4. M

Looking for 1 Game to get me started

Hi Geordie! Welcome to Warfare HQ! I'm up for a PBEM - I've got all three CM games, so send me a PM or an email and we'll iron out the details.
  5. M

CMBO: Escoville Triangle - airBiscuit vs Mephisto

Wow! What a surprise! I like the spinny newspaper thing going on at the beginning. What a treat to watch the game. I've always wanted to do that. Thanks for taking the time to put this together, airBiscuit. Great job! :salute:
  6. M

CMBO: Escoville Triangle - airBiscuit vs Mephisto

Wow! Awesome report, airBiscuit! :thumup: It's refreshing to know that I kept you on your toes for most of the battle. I like playing defense, and I tried out some new tactics in our game which, though they may not have achieved the desired result, were successful in slowing you down...
  7. M

The Light Brigade

Yeah, sorry guys. Gotta cut back on my gaming for a bit whilst I get the family in order.
  8. M

CMAK Cross Club Armored Joust! Sign Ups!

Huh! Well, after that enthusiastic pep talk, I vote we place The Purist in the Captian's chair. :devious:
  9. M

CMBO- "3MIF" Round 2

Wow! Bogdan, Absolutely amazing! I knew you and Palantir had a great scenario - but to see the actual sites compared to the game, I'm completely blown away by the accuracy! :D You guys deserve much more than cookies and OJ. Maybe a paycheck? :smoke: Fantastic job! I can hardly wait...
  10. M

Doctor Sinister vs. Mephisto - CM:BB, June 1941.

I sure did enjoy it! It was a lot of fun, and not just because I won. My general plan was to take control of all flags simultaneously, as fast as possible and defend them tooth and nail, which turned out to be exactly what happened. I had spread my forces out from north to south and knew the...
  11. M

When grown up men play with toy soldiers...

Heh, heh. I didn't know the Hulk fought in WWII .... :nuts:
  12. M

Do you agree that Combat Mission is the pc's equivalent of the board game Squad leade

CMBB stands for Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin. I believe that in Europe, CMBB was named Combat Mission 2.
  13. M

Do you agree that Combat Mission is the pc's equivalent of the board game Squad leade

CM and SL are closer than you think Here's a bit of info nobody's mentioned yet: The game we know as Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord, had originally started development as a PC version of Squad Leader for Avalon Hill. I'm not sure about the details as to why it never made it to the market as...
  14. M

For us who are new to Combat Mission

Now that I've had a bit of time to think, there is one difference. Both CMBB and CMAK offer a "Covered Arc" option for armor, field guns and MG's. CMBO does not. Covered Arc is great if you're on the defensive and want to set up ambushes ... :devious:
  15. M

CMBO- "3MIF" Round 2

Those durned Question Mark Flags! Gotta ... stop ... the ... advance ...
  16. M

Just got this Game !!

Definately the best advice to give a neophite to Combat Mission is to practice extensively against the AI. Get used to the game, how it works and the different abilities of each nationality. Above all, DON'T GIVE UP ON THIS GAME!!! Practice at it and you will be rewarded with satisfying game...
  17. M

For us who are new to Combat Mission

I'd say Afrika Corps is definately worth the buy. The three games in the series are all pretty much the same (as far as interface and how the game is played), but there are subtle differences that others on this site are more equipped to tell you about. :cheeky: As far as tactics go, start...
  18. M

I almost had a heart attack when I saw this. But I was able to hold off on that until I read the rest of the posts. :laugh: You sell yourself short, Doc. Let's show these other groups what WHQ and 5ACG is all about! :rifle: BELLA GERANT ALII!!!!
  19. M

I'm in. Let's do this. :ar15: :nofear: :ar15:
  20. M

need help

:nuts: :(