Search results

1. K

TOAW IV

TOAW 4 has been announced, and yous all quiet here?
  2. K

War in East, FitE 4.1 Nordic

This is a game between me and Larry Fulkerson, this time we switched sides and I am now playing Axis and he is Soviet. Normal house rules and all that. After starting the scenario I though I need a plan, so I made one up: 1. The combat operations must aim to destroy and encircle as much of...
  3. K

Is this allowed?

A small problem, I'm playingas Axis and I invaded Turkey and then towards Egypt. Now, once I managed to make a breakthrough there my opponent started sending Soviet units there thourhg the Basra-Suez sea route. Is this allowed? I'm asking because there's a sea supply road there, and on top of...
  4. K

Ignore losses

So far I have done my attacks on minimze&limit losses, but recently I started doing them on ignore losses. So far, not only has this way given the best results, but also lower losses. It seems that ignore losses it the only way to attack in this scenario. Anyone else noticed the same?
  5. K

Panthers in 1941

So, I went with the original route for start game, declared war to poland, France etc. Then went to war with Turkey, after which Stalin went to war with me in winter of 1940-41. This activated the Östwall, and apparently some other units(on turn 108): VI-VIII reserve corps. These units have...
  6. K

Naval assault limit

Having a bit of a problem. Is it a naval assault when you land into an unoccupied enemy hex? Or is it just normal naval movement, and thus not counted into the limits?
  7. K

Stalin did what?

Okay, it's winter of 1940-41. So far I have invaded and conquered Low Countries, France(and Vichy France), Yougoslavia, Norway(still not in narvik though), Denmark, Greece, Turkey and started the revolt in Iraq. So, now in turn 76 Stalin decided to start a war against me. The Rumanians and...
  8. K

Deadly combat

I have two units with both having following equipment: 350 x Rifle Squads 50 x Light Rifle squads 50 x SMG squads 35 x Medium MG 25 x Heavy MG 250 x Horse Teams 30 x Trucks 12 x 76mm AT-gun 12 x 76mm Gun 24 x 60mm mortar 12 x 81mm mortar 12 x Dual AAMG 6 x 80mm AA gun Both have...
  9. K

The Great Patriotic War(FitE 4.1)

I am playing as Soviets and larry(hence forth known as evil nazi bastard... or maybe just larry) as Axis. The Scenario is Fire in the East 4.1 Turn 1: The Germans start their invasion and, as usual in this scenario, rip my ranks apart. He advances quickly, and as of yet I canno't make any...
  10. K

Oob

How do I remove equipment from an unit(say I added 9 trucks when i was suppsoed to add 8)? Do I have to delete the whole unit and do it again?
  11. K

Supply source in Paris

The supply source in Paris should be removed and moved to for example Orleans. Right now the Allied plyaer can just dig in around Paris and force the german player to advance in WWI style... Here's a screenie: http://img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image22qb.jpg
  12. K

Transport asset sharing

How is this calculated?
  13. K

The kriegsmarine

So far I have done 3 attacks with my mighty Kriegsmarine. Result? It won a battle against the polish fleet, but in the other 2 battles it evaporated. So did the Aliied Home Fleet and French Mediterrainean Fleet. Is this done in purpose, or what causes this?
  14. K

France

Is there any point taking out France before the sitzkrieg? Or should one wait for reinforcements and crush them with better troops in hope of lesser casualties?
  15. K

Persians in the Caucasus

I am playing as Axis and the Allied player decided to invade Persia. Since Persia has no supply, I decided to just cause as much havoc as I could before my units would die, and sent my cavalry units racing into his rear area. They got quite far actually, and apparently this then triggered the...
  16. K

A bug

Playing as axis, latest version. I used the 'occupie the low countries' theather option before sitzkrieg in 39(allthough Belgium had declared war on me earlier!), and took most of low countries, then sitzkrieg came and I had to stop. Well, once it was over I resumed the offensive and took...
  17. K

Allied air supremacy

Im playing two games of EA as Axis, and in both the allied air supremacy is killing me. Im playing a turn right now, and I am invading France; my tanks are getting kicked by his planes and the only way I am able to advance is by grinding forwards slowly...taking huge losses in the process...
  18. K

Database editing

There are all these diffrent tanks/aircraft/artillery pieces, but the infantry squads are the same for all. So I was wondering if there are any 'spare' slots to be used to do the following: In order to properly simulate multi-nation wars, one could edit the database so that it would include...
  19. K

Mannerheim-line

You have mannerheim-line in the wrong place: it should rather run from hex 130,50 to 132,49 than being outside Viipuri.
  20. K

Fire in the East

Note: I originally wrote this AAR in another forum. I however just registered for the Ladder(whaterver it was, registered anyways :)), and thus decided to post the AAR here too. We have played till turn 27 so far, and I have written reports all the way to turn 12(so reading this AAR doesn't...