Search results

1. Blackcloud6

Crew Served SW in Twilight of the Reich

TotR SR 3.3 "Crews: The cost of each crew-served SW and Gun includes an infantry crew." What are the crew-served SWs? I cannot find the definition in the ASLRB.
  2. Blackcloud6

Raaco and RitterKrieg trays

I'm changing my counter storage from Planos to Raaco using the 3D printed trays from Ritterkrieg. Does anyone have a storage plan using these trays? Can you please share? Note I'm using the full trays designed by Ritterkrieg not the 3d printed inserts for the Raaco A65 tray. Thanks!
  3. Blackcloud6

Cloaked Dummies and Trip Flares

What happens when a cloaking counter, which contains only dummies, enters a hex that contains an enemy (HIPed) trip flare?
  4. Blackcloud6

Making Basic VASL Boards?

I am doing scenario design work and have draft maps in .bmp form. How do I convert these so VASL will read them? I do not need to do the los stuff, just want to be able to use the boards in VASL for design and playtesting.
  5. Blackcloud6

VASL Control and Dialog window problem

I'm having an issue typing in comments on the dialog line. I type it in and hit return, but I don't see what I just typed in the dialog window unless I extend the window. Is there a settng or something I need to set? or is this a problem. I'm using VASL 6.6.6 and VASSAL 3.6.17.
  6. Blackcloud6

VASL Dice Issues

I updated to VASL 6.6.6 and VASSAL3.6.16. I am nt running ant extensions. I only get white dice in the dice and comment window. How do I get one of the dice to be colored? Alos, I see there is a Dice Over the Map tab; how does one activate this?
  7. Blackcloud6

Clarification on DZ: SME CG between scenarios set up

PJ Norton and I finished the first scenario of CG1. We are now at the point of setting up for the next scenario. No where can we find anything that allows one to move retained units within their set up area. There are rules for attempting to move to another set up area. The last sentence of...
  8. Blackcloud6

VASL Module for DZ: St. Mere-Eglise?

Is there one available? If not, are there images of the maps somewhere? PJ Norton and I are going to play this, but he needs to see the maps ahead of time to plan his German objective hexes. I have the module and we're playing at my home. His has not arrived yet and we're looking for a...
  9. Blackcloud6

Minimum Range for OBA

I'm designing a scenario where the on map howitzers can fire together as an OBA module. I'm using the the US M2A1 Howitzer. Chapter H does not list a minimum range for the gun, but i would think that there is a minimum distance from the guns where they could all be brought together for a an...
  10. Blackcloud6

Ctrl-Click for highlight circle

One used to be able to hit Ctrl-click right mouse button and VASL would show a red circle for a moment and your opponent would see it. This was helpful to say 'I'm shooting against this hex" and show the circle. Now in VASL 6.6.1 it appears this function no longer works. Is this a fault or by...
  11. Blackcloud6

Use of the "Fortenberry" boards in VASL.

I'm trying to butt-end a Fortenberry board to a regular board on the short sides to make a long board in VASL but can't figure out how to do it. Anyone know?
  12. Blackcloud6

Steep Hills Notes on The Korea Terrain Chart

The Steep Hills & Steep Hills Road entries on the Korea Terrain Chart have this note: *+1HA TEM of no other Terrain. What does this mean? The notes also has to treat otherwise as Hills notation so why would Height Advantage be mentioned again? Does this mean that a unit in a Steep Hills get...
  13. Blackcloud6

Determining night parameters.

When designing a historical scenario, how does one determine the various night and weather parameters for a given date, time and location. is there a place on line where would could go to get this information? or do you just make a SWAG?
  14. Blackcloud6

Konigsberg counters?

I see that the board is available for LCP's Konigsberg The Bear's revenge. But how about the counters? I think one can cobble all the counters needed except for the 3-3-6/1-2-6 Volkssturm Squads/ Half-squads.
  15. Blackcloud6

GWASL maps

Anyone doing the CH! GWASL maps for VASL? I do like the GWASL modules and would like to play against some friend who live far away.
  16. Blackcloud6

What is SPAMETO?

I'm ignorant. What does SPAMETO mean?
  17. Blackcloud6

AT Minefields set up in J181 The Deadly Line

In this scenario the Japanese get 2 factors of AT mines. SSR 2 states" An AT minefield set up in 19CC4 may not use HIP." Does this mean I have to set up the AT minefield in 19CC4 or does this mean only if I choose to set up the minefield in 19CC4 it may not use HIP?
  18. Blackcloud6

.jpg map to VASL Map?

I have a .jpg of a proposed HASL map that i need to do work with in VASL. Is there a way to convert the .jpg to be a VASL Board. I checked the "Ye Old Booke of VASL Map Making Secrets" and didn't see anything on how to do this or if it can even be done. Can you tell me how to do this? Thanks.
  19. Blackcloud6

We lost a fellow ASLer yesterday

This is cross-posted from my blog on CSW: My good friend and battle buddy, SGM (ret) Guy Flummerfelt died this morning. He was killed on I-696 after he got into a fender bender with another car. He and the other driver got out to check and were both struck and killed by two other vehicles. Guy...
  20. Blackcloud6

No light woods for Board 23

I'm setting up Scenario 203. Hard ROK. When I try to transition the woods to light woods, Board 10 changes but Board 23 does not. I brought up a separate VASL and tried it on the full Board 23 and it will not change to Light Woods.