Search results

1. PabloGS

Any wargame stores in Shanghai?

Will travel there for a few days, would like to check Chinese wargames if available?
  2. PabloGS

Light Woods

Hi. Light Woods hinder but do not block same-level LOS. How do they affect different-level LOS? They create blind hexes like woods or they do not block LOS at all? Thanks.
  3. PabloGS

Deep snow, at night, in the forest, on skis...

We are playing J196, Blood Amongst the Pines, and the following question arose: Are units on skis exempt from the 1MF penalty of moving in concealment terrain at night? E4.2 states that units can be on foot, on skis, or transported by other means: E4.2 SKI MODE: The special rules for ski...
  4. PabloGS

StuG IIIB AP special ammo

Hello. This is just curiosity. The StuG IIIB has a 75* gun, without underline or overline, meaning that it can fire AP or HE. However, it does have special ammo identified as AP6. So shouldn't the 75* be overlined? For instance the British QQF 17 pounder (AT gun) has its 76LL caliber underlined...
  5. PabloGS

VASL 6.6.5 and 6.6.4

It seems they are not compatible? I have not been able to use logs created with one with the other version. Anybody else experiencing this?
  6. PabloGS

US 57L AT notes on special ammo.

Hello. Setting up J209 from the recent Journal, and looking at the notes for the 57L AT gun I realized there is a D4 sup {J4+E}, signifying APDS availability in Europe from June 1944. However, why isn't it indicated simply by D4 sup{J4E}? Does the "+" signify anything? Note that for HE it is...
  7. PabloGS

Movement through lower level hexside terrain

Hello. How is movement treated across a hexside that is at a lower level than the starting and finishing hexes (assume these two latter levels are the same). Specific example, the pond in Board 3B across hexside FF10/GG11 is per B21.2. SSRs deterimines that the pond is dry, so it is just OG at...
  8. PabloGS

KGP Mist LOS hindrance and Residual FP

Hi. Situation is German squad firing at an adjacent KEU w 12 IF. KGP Heavy Mist is in effect, and thus is a LOS (not LV) hindrance. Does this reduce the residual on the fired hex? If the shot was @ 2 hex range the answer would be surely yes. But what about adjacent? Thanks! 8.26 EFFECT OF DRM...
  9. PabloGS

Setting up limbered and hooked up

Hi. Can a gun set up in a scenario both limbered and hooked up to a truck also available in the OOB?
  10. PabloGS

Brain fart Q

Is it me mistaken or are leaders considered Elite for HoB purposes?
  11. PabloGS

Questions on VASL 6.6.0

Hi, just upgraded to VASL 6.6.0 and VASSAL 3.4.3. All is going smoothly, but a few quirks which I am sure are my fault/ignorance: - The font seems to have increased, and thus I don't see the whole bar of counters on top. How can I fix this? - What happened to the Ctrl-left click "Here" thingy...
  12. PabloGS

Question on Daisy Chains

There is this Q&A: B28.531 Assuming road rate is not being used. Can a vehicle avoid Daisy Chain attacks by the player simply stating that he is not using the road when crossing a road hexside? Same question .. if crossing a non-road hexside entering a road hex? A. The Daisy Chain attacks...
  13. PabloGS

Question on Amphibians and LCs

Preparing for Red Bloody Beach, so questions obviously pop up. Just want to make sure my rationale is right below: G13.43 states that all water between a reef and the Beach is considered shallow-Ocean. G13.431 states as an EXC that LC may not enter a Submerged reef, but may beach on one of its...
  14. PabloGS

Amphibious markers in Vassal

Hi, is there a Sea Wall and Reef markers in Vassal? Just cannot seem to find any. Thanks.
  15. PabloGS

Why ASL is crazy fun: an Anecdote

Instead of getting into a similar thread on this I started a new one. Situation is the end turn of J159, Tropic Lightning, designed by the Bongiovannis. Lots of fun things going on, maybe material for a future story, but it boils down to the CC phase of the last American turn. Americans need to...
  16. PabloGS

FrF-6 Hundred Rounds question

Hi. SSR2 in this scenario states that every Russian AFV must "set up at most two hexes away from all other Russian AFV.". Does this mean that there must be at most one hex between Russian AFVs or two hexes between Russian AFVs? No entiendo, sorry. Thanks!
  17. PabloGS

C5.1 Case A and C6.51 Tracking acquisition

Hi. A unit about to start its move is acquired by a turreted AFV. It moved one hex and stops, the tank tracks it, shifting its TCA one hexspine. Does the +1 from Case A apply in the DFPh? C5.1 states that the +1 (for a fast turret for instance) applies for fire during that phase. So clearly it...
  18. PabloGS

Aerial attack vs AFVs

Hi. The situation is as follows. Stukas are considering making a Point attack on a group of moving, concealed, French AFVs. E.72 states that "A unit moving in Open Ground would not be considered concealed to the aircraft,...." Does this imply that the Aircraft is allowed to use the -2 drm for...
  19. PabloGS

What does CE: RT+1 mean on the back of the FT-17 tanks?

Subject says it all. Thanks!
  20. PabloGS

Can I get a dr please?

Actually two dr's, one called up another called down. Thanks!