Search results

1. W

Operation Anaconda 4

Here is a detailed AAR for Operation Anaconda 4: Clearing the Whaleback. Mission completed in a hour and twenty minutes. No combat engineers were harmed in the completion of this mission. It is divided into two PDF files showing screenshots along with text commentaries: Part I and Part II.
  2. W

Anaconda 3

Well, that was fun, I actually won one! Here was my COA: First, all the helicopters are loaded. I didn't have any load plan but to try to preserve unit integrity and get mortars landed in the LZ as soon as possible. Then I have the jets fly ahead and kill all AQ and Taliban near the...
  3. W

Post your best results from AATF: JRTC 02 Scenario Here!

If you want to climb the corporate ladder at ProSIM, you might let the boss win a game or two. This year's Christmas party might be a tad less awkward, esp after a few drinks :drink:
  4. W

Post your best results from AATF: JRTC 02 Scenario Here!

Looks like Gary's getting Curt's Christmas bonus this year.
  5. W

3 New Expert AARs for ATF

observer placement and FIST-Vs Kevin-- It took me a while to even figure out what a FIST-V was. Then until recently they also seemed fairly useless to me. But now that I understand a bit more about observer planning and that a FIST-V has superior observation capabilities to most vehicles...
  6. W

evil tricks to play on the TacAI The most gamey tactic I've yet devised, probably to Pat's horror, is to take my engineer platoon in Death Valley Attack, and then run them in a wide circle for several minutes until the enemy's ammo is exhausted. Then you merrily proceed with impunity! I...
  7. W

Two more expert AARs: Crash Hill and Baghdad Assault John, Here they are. The first is a conventional AAR. The second is more of a COA for the mission. Crash Hill Defense Baghdad Assault Regards, Bill
  8. W

Well, you could try using officers, but I don't think the TacAI treats them as HPTs for some reason. Maybe Pat can fix this bug in AATF. :)
  9. W

AATF Auto-Frag Capability Well, you could add a factor pA to pH and pK, where... pA is the probability of Auto-Fragging, proportional to use of engineers to draw fire (this really works!) use of dismounts as cannon fodder rounds PGM ammo fired for the heck of it BRDM-2s...
  10. W

John, You're welcome. I can post two more AARs, one for Crash Hill, and one for Baghdad Assault, if you're interested. Unfortunately, I don't have anything for the Fulda Gap. My helicopters got shot down, the enemy overran my position, and it wasn't a pretty sight. My troops would have shot...
  11. W

In case it wasn't clear from my earlier message just click below to be taken to three new AARs for the following ATF scenarios: Colorado Wadi Attack Death Valley Defense Hidden Valley Attack I wish I could say I did them, but Pat did, of course.
  12. W

The Falklands War 1982

I really, really want to get this one. Would it be too much to ask for Exocets, Mirage fighters, Sea Knight helicopters and the ship-borne missiles they were using against the Mirage fighters--Sea Dart?? And flamethrowers on land? Anyway, I'll take whatever you have! I don't need Prince...
  13. W

An Open Apology to the ATF Community

reducing friendly fire: good idea I think all these changes are positive and will help build the ATF community. The reason I was drawn to BCT first, then ATF, was largely that I liked the sense of community in the postings and the civility with which everyone was treated, especially by the...
  14. W

PBEM problems: not accepting passwords

Thanks for the advice. Perhaps he's entering a typo in his password. In any case I think we'll try the blank passwords approach. --Bill
  15. W

PBEM problems: not accepting passwords

My cousin in England and I selected CMAK to try to play PBEM after we have given up on ever getting Panzer General II to work in Windows XP. Anyway, he says that when I send my move to him it asks him for a password and he can't open my move. I don't know what he is doing wrong and will try...
  16. W

Thunder Run

Yes, I’d also like to know which other books from embedded reporters, or other writers, are good or bad, too. The only other one I’ve read is Generation Kill: Devil Dogs, Iceman, Captain America, and the New Face of American War by Evan Wright which is about the Marines, not the Army...
  17. W

Just a few questions...

I would agree as I came from WWII games myself, in particular Panzer General II and the Close Combat series. Many of the weapons of WWII games show up in WWII movies but in modern combat there are estoric weapons that don't often appear in the media, such as the combat engineering vehicles and...
  18. W

Thunder Run

Thunder Run The Armored Strike to Capture Baghdad --by David Zucchino I hadn’t picked this book up initially when it first came up out as I feared it might be not very good, some sort of instant journalism, as a whole lot of books are coming out now from the previously embedded reporters in...
  19. W

Raging Tiger Ships!

Curt, I ordered my copy of RT today and hope there is still room for me in the NLOS battalion where I can exercise my renowned artillery skills, e.g., tossing aiming circles, pulling lanyards, lighting fuses, and aiming guns in the general direction of the enemy. :D I am sorry I cannot...
  20. W

Cavalry and Regular Armour, how do they differ?

Thanks, everybody. Sounds like the Unit of Action is a modified BCT then. Just when I start to think I understand one concept the Army introduces a new one. Or I learn that I don't really understand something I thought I did: for example I didn't really understand cavalry prior to the earlier...