Search results

1. FrankJ

Bypass AFV

The longer I play this game, the more I marvel at the brilliance of the system. It seems like another level of play beyond the mechanics when a player can find a way to use the rules to make their opponents life difficult. Its kind of bittersweet when I am on the receiving end, because on one...
  2. FrankJ

Bypass AFV

I reviewed D9.4, and you are right. Funny, I read D9.4 because I always try to connect the rule dots myself before posting for assistance, but I missed the bypass sentence. Need to add not just skimming over rule paragraphs to my News Years resolutions.
  3. FrankJ

Bypass AFV

I like your sense of humor. Thanks for the response. Is the +1 only when crossing the hexside, or also when straight down the hexside?
  4. FrankJ

Bypass AFV

Does a AFV bypassing a single hex building, that has not moved this turn, create a +1 hinderance to fire crossing or straight down the hexside being bypassed?
  5. FrankJ

FFE and SR Blast Height

Okay, understood. Thanks everyone for your feedback on this one. It was bugging me for awhile.
  6. FrankJ

FFE and SR Blast Height

Just so I am clear, you are saying the top of the SR blast at level 2 in W3 can be seen from level W6, and the example is correct? I think it is difficult to imagine because it is not really stated in the rules.
  7. FrankJ

FFE and SR Blast Height

Yes, that is my question, from W6. The observer and the SR blast height are at the same level 2, so does the observer see the top of the SR blast in W3?
  8. FrankJ

FFE and SR Blast Height

Okay, my question is the LOS to the SR blast height from W6 to W3. "Thus even had the SR landed in W3 he still could have seen it". I see how the observer can see the SR blast height in W4 which is 1 level higher than the observer, but not sure how observer in W6 can see a SR blast height in W3...
  9. FrankJ

FFE and SR Blast Height

I have been looking for a post that clarifies the SR blast height, but I have a question. The SR raises from the base level, which if in open ground would be the base level - ground level through the next two levels, so to level 2, understood. In the example below it is indicated that the...
  10. FrankJ

RB III CG - Building Control

Thanks Jim. I could not have asked for a better answer to my question. The rule makes for some interesting situations and decisions in the CG.
  11. FrankJ

RB III CG - Building Control

I am playing the RB III CG as the Germans. A tank enters a single-story building and remains there until the end of the scenario day (no armed enemy units in building with the tank at the end of the scenario day). Does the tank control this strategic location? According to A26.12 the tank gains...
  12. FrankJ

RB

I’m in. My email is frank_magphoto@comcast.net
  13. FrankJ

RB

I have the metal to jump into the RB campaign fray…
  14. FrankJ

Why We Love/Hate This Game

That's a roller coaster ride of emotions
  15. FrankJ

Halftracks

Okay, great. I never put that together with the "B" as bow. Learn something new everyday.
  16. FrankJ

Halftracks

Does 250 or 251, 81mm mortar equipped halftrack have the ability to fire in any direction? I don't see anywhere in the rules that say it can only fire through the CA, so I am assuming it can fire any direction.
  17. FrankJ

Tuomofest 2020!

Did I miss the Tuomofest 2020?
  18. FrankJ

How could KGP have achieved more?

Von Rundstedt was always a interesting historical person in my book. I got the feeling he had the ability to instill confidence and was also very blunt in his opinions. There was a quote from Patton that I always liked. At a meeting with other allied generals at the beginning of the bulge...
  19. FrankJ

I like the Osprey books. There are also some good books that go even more in depth on these battles. I will sometimes use the Osprey books as a reference because their maps are so good. when you mention reaction time, what comes to mind for me is the deployment of the 101st airborne division...
  20. FrankJ

I know it looks like a highjack of the tread, but there is a common denominator of the bridges over the Meuse and the Arnhem bridge. The original question was how Peiper could have done better, and taking a bridge over the Meuse would qualify, so the examples of Arnhem seem to fit as two very...