Search results

1. K

Introduce Yourself!

Hello. I've been away several years. But I'm looking for opponents for TAOW 3. And where did the old ladder go? I can't find it.
  2. K

Soviet units Reconstituting Behind Axis Lines

I vote for it to be fixed. It's annoying, AND partisan warfare is represented by PARTISANS already.
  3. K

Vichy problem

Hmmm... Possibly. But Lyons would be garrisoned initially wouldn't it?
  4. K

Vichy problem

Ok I can email you one.
  5. K

Vichy problem

In one of my games after France fell none of the Vichy units appeared. It's been about 30 turns and still no sign of them. Any ideas?
  6. K

Germans in Africa

I did - I took Baku and the Caucasus but couldn't win in Russia. I decided not to grind my army down so we came to a standstill on the Eastern front. The USSR had DoW'd on me so had been able to build up and eliminate the Barbarossa shock. The value of that shock can't be overstated.
  7. K

Germans in Africa

In this case Turkey had been conquered by the Axis as well.
  8. K

Germans in Africa

True, but the key difference in this situation is that the Axis has conquered Malta, Gib, Egypt, AND all of North Africa -- thus giving the Axis almost unfettered reign on the sea lanes in the Med through which to transport and supply a huge army. That seems logical to me anyway... When the...
  9. K

Germans in Africa

First off - can SS units go to Africa freely as the Afrika Korps does? 2) Once the middle east has been conquered by the Germans, including Malta and Gib and Turkey, the restrictions on regular German army units going to Africa via air and sea are lifted, no? I'd think that would be the case...
  10. K

Sealion / Battle of Britain

It's possible to invade the UK without first taking Gib - it all comes down to whether or not the Allied player fortifies the UK. I'm in a game now in which my opponent sent units out of the UK to join the fight and left me an opening. The UK will fall soon. But of course this allows the USSR...
  11. K

Sealion / Battle of Britain

No. The two aren't related except in that winning the B of Britain gives the Axis increased sea movement which comes in handy when invading the UK.
  12. K

"Large numbers of Allied colonial infantry trained"

Speaking of, in one of my games my Vichy units haven't appeared - not one of them.
  13. K

Glitch?

In past games the Allied player has always disbanded them because it can get out of hnad - a partisan can pop up, take a hex and a fully supplied, big ass Mech unit can pop up for the new Axis turn. I've always done the disband while playing the allies and so have my oponents.
  14. K

Glitch?

There are Russian replacements and reinforcements reconstituting behind German lines. I thought that this glitch had been repaired in TOAW III. Anyone know what's going on?
  15. K

Red Army Armored Train Units --

How should they do used effectively? I have yet to figure out how to use them to good effect.
  16. K

Sea roads (again...)

I think blockading is a legitimate and effective tactic - but not sure if parking one unit on a sea road is sufficient. By this logic what about bombing the sea road to cut it off - is that not the same thing as parking a naval unit on it? Would this not be a blockade by the air, attacking...
  17. K

Ceasefire

Just making sure - there is no mud ceasefire in spring of 1940, correct?
  18. K

looking for a game

Great. I'll take the Allies. Shall we use TAOW III? here's my email - craig_chriscraig@hotmail.com -- send it on over...
  19. K

looking for a game

Any takers?