Search results

1. bendizoid

OL 666

This guy is most entertaining and the story is incredible, enjoy:
  2. bendizoid

40 mm L60 ???

I was just reading about the AC 130U gunship “Spooky” (understatement)) It has a 25mm rotary “equalizer”, a 105mm m102 howitzer out the port side to circle around someplace and erase it. Interesting, it also has a Bofers 40mm L60 (anti aircraft gun) out the same port side for a finishing touch...
  3. bendizoid

Can Human wave troops use bypass movement?

I say they can and my opponent says they can’t, what say you ?
  4. bendizoid

ASL Maxims

#1 Bring your guys out all at once. This usually means using the Advance Phase to approach and spread out. Notice the twice in a row effect of a D-Final Fire followed with a full firepower Prep Fire. Eliminate the D-Fire Phase by skulking or careful approach then advance up everybody at once...
  5. bendizoid

Wargame of Battle of Hampton Roads at Hampton Roads aboard the Monitor.

I guess these guys road trip to various destinations then wargame the battle that took place there, kinda cool
  6. bendizoid

Concerning FT227 Damsels in Distress

What is a “cdr”
  7. bendizoid

Attention span

Lots of people can’t sit still for 20 minutes let alone 3-4 hours for a small ASL scenario. The attention span is incredible. If you’re talk’in about a three day tournament, forget about it ! If a simple mistake is made against say JR Tracy or Toby (certainly Cirillo) you’re probably toast. Just...
  8. bendizoid

Double Blind Scenario idea for designers

Here’s the idea for ‘scenario packs’ for certain scenarios: put the OBs in sealed envelopes. That would give at least one playing with serious FOGofWAR. Might be cool.
  9. bendizoid

True life story

I’m always interested in a cool story. Here’s one of mine: I was suppose to meet this builder at a house to look at a chimney problem. I wanted to give a good impression and maybe increase my business network so I showed up early. Only problem is I was too early and decided to park at the...
  10. bendizoid

Sewer movement

Can a stack of units which start their turn on a manhole enter a sewer separately and go different directions ?
  11. bendizoid

Do you thrive in chaos?

A Positive trait for an ASL player.
  12. bendizoid

ASLOK final AAR

I get to play Chad Cummings for the ASLOK final, surprised to be here and want to improve on my 0-3 record vs Chad. We sit down to talk about what scenario to play and Chad mentions DTF3 True Grit which happens to be my favorite of the pack. We roll a dice, 1-3 we play True Grit and 4-6...
  13. bendizoid

New game in development

It’s called escape from Somewhereistan. The objective has a fun little twist where the idea is to surrender and give as much equipment to the enemy as possible. You get to play as a treasonous psychopath against the AI or human opponent. The more damage you do to yourself and your allies the...
  14. bendizoid

101st airborne troopers story

A fine story teller, enjoy
  15. bendizoid

Oswald in the doorway

From a photo looking back at the motorcade as JFK was shot. He also wears the same clothes Oswald had on, exact same. Just kinda weird wrinkle Why would Trump refuse to release more files for ‘national security’ ? Biden won’t release them either.
  16. bendizoid

Incredible WW2 stories

This guy is tells one hell of a story, worth every minute. His clothes were so filthy he put on a Japanese uniform but his CO asked him so nice to take it off, he couldn’t refuse. Gabe has a good memory with great detail.
  17. bendizoid

DN8 Probing the Bridgehead

I’ve been having a blast playing Paul Chamberland in this night scenario. I’m no night expert but this is one of the best night scenarios as far as I’m concerned. The scale, the options, the craziness make it a true ASL challenge. Hats off the Ron and Don, great job! Ps. I like the Germans in...
  18. bendizoid

Low background steel ?

They still pull scraps of steel off wrecks from the German fleet scuttled at Scapa Flow in 1919 for the rare ‘low background’ steel. This is steel before 1945 because since then all the steel made after the atomic bombs have trace amounts of radioactivity, enough to mess with highly sensitive...
  19. bendizoid

Korean War Story

This guy, Ronald Rosser, went on a one man rampage, holy balls Batman ! There could be no hero counter for people like this in ASL.
  20. bendizoid

Poll: leaders on top

Time to sort this out with democracy and math.