Search results

1. JR Brackin

J 202 Down By the River

Question - if a Sniper selects an opponent Sniper does the result affect both Snipers in the scenario?
  2. JR Brackin

J197 Death on the French Coast

Can the Offboard Gun set up using HIP in scenario J197?
  3. JR Brackin

BBB 25 - The Final Foray

Thank you to all who made it this year or a previous year. All the Bash’s have been a great and fun time for Lisa and me. We will not forget them and the compadre from our guests. As stated, this will be the final Bash, whether I get a group together in the future, who knows. However, if you...
  4. JR Brackin

Crest Status in Snow

Here is the question. A unit is in a Gully with ground conditions as Light Snow and want to go into Crest Status. Our situation was the ADPh, but I do not think it matters when. If the unit is not leaving the hex, is the cost 2MF for going into Crest Status plus the E3.723 +1 for an Elevation...
  5. JR Brackin

AP 170 Never On Time

My question is what is the correct British set up - the OOB states A9-Q1, however I am guessing this should be A8 since that aligns with Q1, however it is possible that Q1 should be Q2 based on the second set up rule in A12-Q4. Anyone have clarification on this one?
  6. JR Brackin

BBB 24

Another year and the 24th BBB (Brackin Basement Bash) was held on August 28, 2021. There we 15 intrepid games who braved the first bad weather day since we moved it to August. The only serious casualty was Paul Sidhu dropping his Rat Chart in a puddle causing some warping. He apparently was not...
  7. JR Brackin

Overlays for Red Barricades from Red October

Have these been created? If so where are they I do not see them in VASL Overlays folder. Have these been placed on the RB map - say a RB map with overlays or something?
  8. JR Brackin

Second Hand News - ROMA 2

I was able to sneak in a face-to-face game yesterday with John Haughey of “Second Hand News” – ROMA2 featuring board 86. I had the surrounded Germans and John had the Partisan/Italian force. The Germans are 5-4-8 SS with 2 Stugs, and the Italians are mostly 4-4-7 and 3-4-6 with an ELR of 3, so...
  9. JR Brackin

MAC.OS - Installed 3.4. VASSAL which blocks my 3.2.17 and 6.5.0 Version

I was having issues with downloading another game from anther company so I downloaded VASSAL 3.4 and I hit replace instead of Keep Both. This has caused me to be able to open other games, but I cannot open VASL. I tried downloading VASSAL 3.2.17 but I cannot get that to work. I am using the...
  10. JR Brackin

ASL 215

Yes. Usually. ....Perry MMP
  11. JR Brackin

What is an ASL AREA Journal

So what does the word AREA mean in the title? Are you going to have different versions of the ASL Journal like Sport Illustrated has at the beginning of football season with a different luminary on the cover?
  12. JR Brackin

AP 132 Night of Nights

I wanted to play this scenario since it offered a nighttime parachute drop and had some interesting Chapter E elements. I took the US with my opponent having the Germans. We had some discussion pre-game regarding SSR 3 – the German AA Guns need to set up in AA mode and fire at least one per...
  13. JR Brackin

22nd Brackin Basement BashThread

In about 2 hours we will have 16 ASLers battling for - well fun. I will invite them to post their AAR on this thread and I will provide a summary sometime tomorrow of what was played and the results. This is a rare year in that we have an even number players - usually we are odd (do with that...
  14. JR Brackin

D3.7 Recall - Armor Leaders Elimination

Yes. ....Perry No. ....Perry
  15. JR Brackin

Happy BD to the Marines + Happy Veterans Day

The title says it all. Today is the USMC Birthday - to all my Marine friends have a Happy Birthday. For Sunday, Happy Veterans Day, and from what I understand is Remembrance Day in Canada and the UK. Thank you to all who have served.!!!
  16. JR Brackin

21st Brackin Basement Bash (long)

Actually at this point it is a prequel to the AARs. Tomorrow is the day of battle with 14 plus me battling it out. The group is a little lower with some poor excuses like visiting California, my daughter is getting married, my kids are leaving for college, and I think there was a court case or...
  17. JR Brackin

Hatten In Flames

I have not had chance to play this - but should be able to this Friday. The scenarios all look interesting with minimal SSRs ( even including the overall Hatten rules which are 1 page). They all seem to have some interesting attack and defense options. The idea that this is town, providing...
  18. JR Brackin

ASL 206 Hay That Ain't a ROK

I have played this once against a good opponent and after a very rough start as the US was able to battle back and make a game of it. I am in the process of playing this again against another good opponent and I hope as the US player to make amends on my mistakes.
  19. JR Brackin

OS-13 The Route

Played OS-13 The Route yesterday. I had the Americans who are trying to hold on against a strong German counterattack to retake the Vossenack church. The Germans can approach from 3 sides and have 3 modules of OBA (2 x 70mm, and the killer 1 x 150mm). The US has an ELR of 2 and is mostly 2nd...
  20. JR Brackin

Scenario 204 Human Bullets

I sent this to Perry included is Perry's response: In the VC there is a siting of "see SSR 6" - my card has SSR's 1-5, but no 6. Can you state what is missing - or should it be SSR 5 which discusses the vehicles? SSR 5. ....Perry