Search results

1. Mark Peachey

How much RAM do you have?

I've got 2 gigs of RAM. It's more than plenty for what I do which does not involve PC gaming.
  2. Mark Peachey

Terminator Salvation

I'm actually with Scott on this one. T3 wasn't great, but I still enjoyed it at least a tiny bit.
  3. Mark Peachey

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Touche, Scott. Touche.
  4. Mark Peachey

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Keanu Reeves career has lasted about 10 years too long. That guy is terrible.
  5. Mark Peachey

I Am Legend - alternate ending

Take a look more closely at the excerpt Scott posted above. It was intended originally to be a prequel, but now the rumour goes that it's going to be sequel. Isn't reading fun? :p
  6. Mark Peachey

I Am Legend - alternate ending

So if Smith developed the the story, and he died in the theatrical release, how is it exactly they're going to work him in now? I wonder if they'll simply treat the alternate ending as the true ending, which, in my opinion, was the vastly superior ending anyhow. That would be a first.
  7. Mark Peachey

Inglorious Bastards -- the Quentin Tarantino version

Re: Inglorious Bastards: Kill Bill meets Adolf Hitler Too soon? What's somewhat puzzling is this passage: "There has been anguished debate about whether Hollywood should be allowed to make a film about Count Claus Schenk von Stauffenberg, the man who tried to blow up Hitler and the...
  8. Mark Peachey

The Incredible Hulk

I agree with you on all counts. I thought the first Hulk was actually a very good movie, and this new version was also very entertaining, much to my surprise. Despite seeing the entire plot revealed in trailers, this new Hulk was still very entertaining from beginning to end. Ed Norton and...
  9. Mark Peachey

GPUs to replace CPUs in the future?

I definitely think you're going to see GPU's replace CPU's, no doubt. In my estimation of it, their functions overlap to the point that there doesn't seem to be a need to feature two separate chips. 100th POST! Why hasn't my green block thingy changed?
  10. Mark Peachey

Iron Man

I saw it yesterday. A very good movie that hit all the right spots, but had a rather underwhelming climatic action scene towards the end. I left the theatre wanting more.
  11. Mark Peachey

Grand Theft Auto IV - your thoughts

I've completed the review for GTA IV and submitted it to gamesquad.com for publication. You'll hopefully see it here shortly. In the meantime, what does everyone else think? You can also visit my blog at XboxMass.com for the review right now, as well as all the Play Journals for the game...
  12. Mark Peachey

Music: what are you Listening to now?

Re: The Obligatory What Are You Listening To thread Nine Inch Nails: The Slip You can get the whole thing for free and NIN.com Excellent rockin' tunes. My favorites: Discipline, Echoplex, Head Down, and Demon Seed
  13. Mark Peachey

NIN release The Slip for free download

So I may be in the tiniest of minorities here, but I'm a huge fan of NIN with big NIN news: Just last week, Trent Reznor and crew released The Slip, a full studio album for free download at NIN.com If you're looking to expand your borders, what have you got to lose?! I've been listening to...
  14. Mark Peachey

Grand Theft Auto IV @ XboxMass dot com

Hi everyone! As many of you are likely already aware, Grand Theft Auto IV launches tomorrow. I've been tapped by gamesquad to the do the review, and you can look forward to it in a week or two right here. In the meantime, I'll be playing the game and keeping a Play Journal of my...
  15. Mark Peachey

New Dune movie

Dune is a strange bird indeed. However, it includes my favourite quote of all time: "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn...
  16. Mark Peachey

Mass Effect: Massively Dissapointing?

My review for Mass Effect should be up shortly, but I wanted to know what everyone else thought in the meantime. According to metacritic.com, the critics gave Mass Effect an average score of 91%. Only a few critics were harshly critical of the game, while most raved about it. Is it...
  17. Mark Peachey

Peter Moore leaves Microsoft for EA Games

Moore's signing bonus? 1.8 MILLION dollars. Good Lord...
  18. Mark Peachey

Should violent video games be banned?

If we're talking about banning the sale of violent videogames to minors, then I am actually in support of such legislation. If we're talking about banning violent videogames altogether, I am opposed. In Canada, as far as I know, there has yet to be any legislation introduced regarding a...