Search results

1. Mister T

Multiple Hits, ever pick the higher roll?

Sniper activation should be considered.
  2. Mister T

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Played DB178 Rock of Chicamauga Korean war scenario, light on rules (good). Both sides have a challenging task for different reasons (US: poor ELR and KW early war penalties; NoKo: weak initial numbers and reinforcements coming from far away.) The multiple VCs make it possible to have several...
  3. Mister T

GRENADIER´23: ASL Tournament, Germany, 02.11.-05.11.2023

Grenadier is back. We may look behind with nostalgia to the old location in the countryside but the new location is more convenient for travelers taking the plane from remote places (DUS airport is not too far). The playing room can easily host 32 players, is well-lit and well-heated with tables...
  4. Mister T

T-H Hero Movement G1.423

No due to A25.233 Upon entry of an enemy-occupied Location, mark all units with a CC counter. A4.7 notes that units under CC counter can't advance.
  5. Mister T

ASL ROAR

JR will be at ASLOK, so those attending may want to engage in FtF negotiations to find a solution.
  6. Mister T

A24.31 with concealed and unconcealed units in Location

Would be good to clarify in the rules the status of such « quasi-locations. »
  7. Mister T

Vehicle crews and AT guns.

No +2 for non-qualified, but +2 for captured.
  8. Mister T

Can Human wave troops use bypass movement?

In practical terms, it doesn't often make a lot of difference since there would always be a unit in the chain spending more than 1 MF, due to some obstacle on the way (hedge/wall, grain etc...). Now if all HW Units can do bypass simultaneously or travel across OG during a given impulse, it would.
  9. Mister T

Seven Summits

USA, Canada, France, Morocco, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Russia, Switzerland, UAE, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, UK, Ireland, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, China, Spain
  10. Mister T

VASL Tourney : a problem

You should have accepted the decision of the TD. The decision of the TD was, in addition, a reasonable one.
  11. Mister T

Pushing an Abandoned Vehicle?

You can’t push a Wreck, you just remove it from the board provided a vehicle of roughly the same weight (or more) is involved.
  12. Mister T

Japanese knee mortar

A.
  13. Mister T

ASLOK Feedback - How much does an airport shuttle matter?

Of interest for Europeans is the opening this year of a direct service (at relatively affordable fares) between Dublin and Cleveland with Aer Lingus.
  14. Mister T

If the venue changes and there are uncertainties whether it would be as good as before, some participants may be tempted to eschew participation the first year, waiting for feedback. Of course I hope that many will be convinced by the new location and the no-shows would be reduced to a minimum.
  15. Mister T

The shuttle is not an issue for me. However this is not the only criterion to take into account. I am sure some may like to know more about what "on the east side" means. Middelburg heights would be fine if someplace is available. Of course it is your call but there are friction costs involved...
  16. Mister T

Chess clock in tournament

A chessclock would be unworkable. Only use could be for the enforcement of setup times, under clear time constraints specified beforehand and attuned to the side/scenario's specifics by the TD.
  17. Mister T

Artificial Intelligence View of ASL

A judge in Colombia used ChatGPT to make a court ruling, in what is apparently the first time a legal decision has been made with the help of an AI text generator—or at least, the first time we know about it. Judge Juan Manuel Padilla Garcia, who presides over the First Circuit Court in the city...
  18. Mister T

Contested Lands (1948 Arab Israeli) module

You may have noticed that the title of the module was "forgotten war" so there is more emotional distance compared to other theatres of operation, at least to me. It is remote to me, not only geographically but also emotionally. From an Asian perspective, things may be different. While i am for...