Search results

1. K

I have to ask

Hi This could be me but reading between the lines there seems to be some in house joke about Yanks not running out etc. :nuts: Yes? No? Cheers Karl
  2. K

Corner clipping - why?

Hi Just out of interest can some of you clippers post a shot or two of a clipped counter? Would like to know how much is clipped. Cheers Karl :D
  3. K

A 8.15 Snap Shots

Hi A concealed unit is moving from a grain hex into a building hex using NAM. The hexside being crossed is open ground. A unit with no LOS to the grain hex or the building hex snap shots at the open ground hexside being crossed. Question When does the unit lose concealment? Before the...
  4. K

Double Trouble? - Mortars

Hi Does a mortar firing at a squad non assault moving in the open get to apply the -2 mods to the attack roll after a successful hit roll using case J3/4? Two bites :devil: Cheers Karl
  5. K

D8.2 Bog in Bog out?

Hi So exit and VCA would be +1 for a NGP tank? Cheers Karl :nuts:
  6. K

D8.2 Bog in Bog out?

Hi Does a fully tracked AFV have to make two bogs rolls for each woods hex? One to enter and one to exit into open ground? Only ask as the bog roll DRM state +3 Entry of woods :D Cheers Karl
  7. K

Can't find

Hi An opponent asked if he can fire his MA and his MGs on his tank in the same phase. I can't find the rule to quote to him. :( Cheers Karl
  8. K

A4.44 and B25.651

Hi Can a leader recover a SW from a broken squad in the same rally phase he tries to rally the same squads? Can a squad still deploy smoke when there are gust in a no wind situation? Cheers Karl
  9. K

Name That Prize Contest!

Hi How about Out Foxed Rats Nest Fox Hunt Cheers Karl
  10. K

B9 Walls and Hedges

Hi Can wall block LOS when there is a tank vs. tank battle, the same has it would for an infantry vs. infantry battle? B9.22 indicates the target would be hull down only in the wall hex. So a tank would be hull down behind the wall and every hex after be in LOS or out of LOS like an...
  11. K

Hi Anybody experiencing problems with the latest VASSAL engine update. 1.5 My units no longer auto report their moves, check box ticked and my maps no longer indicate what map they are, before a hex would be 24A1 now it is just A1. Cheers Karl
  12. K

Dyo

Hi I would like to try DYO sometime. I think the skill comes down to your force selection based on how many points you have to buy your units and what your objective is. A poor choice, random selection, will result in a poor game as you say, but with some thought and a little bit of pre...
  13. K

What Would You Like to See in the Way of Scenarios?

Hi I would like to see more Mini Kursk Campagin style scenarios. Where more forces are carried over from the first one to the next. Sort of have to think of three games rather than the one. Lose all your guys in the frist game and the other two you will be pushing it up hill to recover...
  14. K

A 14.3 Sniper Resolution

da priest No :smoke: Another game where we are getting to grips with all the little rules. :nuts: Cheers Karl
  15. K

A 14.3 Sniper Resolution

Hi What happens when a sniper attacks an already broken DM squad with a 1 attack? 1) Nothing unit already broken. 2) Broken unit breaks again as a 1 attack breaks a MMC for a CR. Cheers Karl
  16. K

(A11.15) AT guns part 2

Hi Other German units have LOS into the hex. Cheers Karl
  17. K

(A11.15) AT guns part 2

Hi A squad advances in a hex with a concealed gun/crew and 2 unconcealed squads. The advancing squad is ambushed and the concealed gun elects to not fight in the CC. Both side are NE for the first CC phase. Next round the gun and crew elect to fire out of the Melee hex. Question Are they...
  18. K

PBEM Guidelines

Hi I believe there is a God of Dice. Sometimes on my side, others not. :devil: Cheers Karl
  19. K

How long have you been playing ASL/SL?

Hi Less then one year for me. Started playing war games at university in the early 90s. Started to buy random games form large army operations, down to the Ambush series of 1 on 1 combat. Most played game would be GDW Operation Market Garden Decent into Hell, a great double blind game...
  20. K

AT Guns

Hi Couple of questions. Does case J (no sub script number) apply to a target after it has moved to a new hex but has stopped and it is fired upon during the following DFPh? Just checking A hidden gun once it fires become either concealed on a coloured 4 or less or revealed on a 5 or...